• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think people think that just because he's getting paid he should take the club's (perceived) injustice with a smile on his face.

Özil hasn't cared about money for a long time, guy probably gets an annual update from his financial advisor on how much he's worth.

I would like to see some of you take the treatment he's received with a smile on your face just because you're getting paid? Be honest, you wouldn't. And if you would...get a backbone.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If my job continued to pay me but publicly left me out of the team, tarnishing my name and brand for nothing to do with how I performed in my actual job I would definitely fight back. I find it hard to believe that you would just lie there and take it? There's more to life than money. What about your pride, your legacy and how you're perceived by your peers?

In his position I'd defo fight back, maybe this thread is about two types of people. Not Özil fans vs Özil haters.
We don’t know why he’s not playing - on field and off field reasons is all speculation based on agenda.

His legacy, he pissed on it all by himself you can’t blame the club as his issues have spanned over several managers and years now.

Look at my posts throughout this thread, I am tired of Özil but I am far from a hater. I’d rather he shut up and worked his way back into the team, we need him if we are honest.

Some of you guys run out of grounds to excuse the guy and accuse posters who call him out of all sorts.

He’s right to question the club about the cuts
He’s right to stand up for some of his beliefs
He’s right to clear his name

The other stuff, all bullsh*t.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I would like to see some of you take the treatment he's received with a smile on your face just because you're getting paid? Be honest, you wouldn't. And if you would...get a backbone.
That I think is a matter of financial position and not backbone. Poorly paid workers have to stoically stand all kinds of abuse. Özil is fortune that he can play these games. Many are not.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Even Guendouzi doesn't do this kind of bs as Özil. Keeps quiet too about what happened, doesn't complain publicly etc.

And Özil is one with great mentality, when a kid is more mature than him and doesn't harm the club publicly no matter how Arteta "treated" him "unjustly".

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think people think that just because he's getting paid he should take the club's (perceived) injustice with a smile on his face.

Özil hasn't cared about money for a long time, guy probably gets an annual update from his financial advisor on how much he's worth.

What ‘injustice‘ ffs? :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Where is the clamour to defend Guendouzi? All we’ve got on him is rumours that he laughed behind Arteta’s back or something... oh and the spat with a Brighton player?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

??

He's had lucrative offers to leave the club? My point is that he won't be happy to just sit there and let the club come for him just because he's getting paid. He's been getting paid.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Where is the clamour to defend Guendouzi? All we’ve got on him is rumours that he laughed behind Arteta’s back or something... oh and the spat with a Brighton player?

He also fought with Sokratis apparently and I remember something about him doing something silly on trip to Dubai last year. That being said you'd like to think someone like Guendouzi at his age can learn from a this and really knuckle down a bit. But I think the Brighton thing was more the proverbial straw.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We don’t know why he’s not playing - on field and off field reasons is all speculation based on agenda.

His legacy, he pissed on it all by himself you can’t blame the club as his issues have spanned over several managers and years now.

Look at my posts throughout this thread, I am tired of Özil but I am far from a hater. I’d rather he shut up and worked his way back into the team, we need him if we are honest.

Some of you guys run out of grounds to excuse the guy and accuse posters who call him out of all sorts.

He had issues with Emery yes but he did not have issues with Arteta until the pay-cut fiasco.

We'll never have the facts but I think people want to pull wool over their eyes when they say we don't know why he's playing. Yeah we don't know but the most likely explanation is usually the explanation. Can't look much further than the paycut thing.

vantoure

IMO you come across as generally balanced on the Özil stuff, maybe a few sways into the dark once in a while ;)

However, question remains - where do people get this idea that he's not working hard in training? how has it become a truth. There's absolute no evidence to support it. Rather, Arteta himself said otherwise a few weeks ago.

And to me at least, this is what causes his defenders to remain resolute, this slander.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
??

He's had lucrative offers to leave the club? My point is that he won't be happy to just sit there and let the club come for him just because he's getting paid. He's been getting paid.
He had lucrative offers elsewhere but he chose to stay on the bench and collect his pay?:lol:
He cares about money, if he didn't he he'd have taken a wage cut to go and play elsewhere.
The club even sent out a memo or something to some Turkish clubs authorizing them to have negotiations with Özil and promising to subsidize half his wage but Özil refused.
Why, because he's comfortable sitting down and doing nothing.
He also likes the London life and doesn't want to leave.
I won't be surprised to see him retire immediately his contract here ends and then stay in London permanently.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Do you think if Özil was putting in top class performances for us, Arteta would have dropped him if he didn't take a wage cut?

I don't think it has anything to do with the paycut.
There were two other players who didn't take a paycuts but they weren't dropped. But Özil was. Why can't we just see this for what it is? A bum dropped (rightfully) for poor performances and poor attitude.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
And why did the club only leak Özil's name? Yet people want to say it's only for footballing reasons. Come on.

Exactly my point... we don't even know... Could be some younger players, where you hardly can blame them if they said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom