• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
why does it have to be Player X Arteta?

I think a logical conclusion from our matches would be that we are tinkering too much, and not playing our best players in their best positions.
Mate, who are you trying to kid? Even Emery got longer than this and that was without a trophy in the cabinet... Oh, but he was playing Özil so it didn’t matter.

It was called, and it duly happened. No denying that, and no dressing it up as anything else tbh.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
why does it have to be Player X Arteta?

I think a logical conclusion from our matches would be that we are tinkering too much, and not playing our best players in their best positions.
thats cause haters gotta hate.... they need conflict and enemies and causes that tear people apart
Mate, who are you trying to kid? Even Emery got longer than this and that was without a trophy in the cabinet... Oh, but he was playing Özil so it didn’t matter.

It was called, and it duly happened. No denying that, and no dressing it up as anything else tbh.

people criticize Arteta for playing boring football, for losing matches and for not playing Özil.

thats your big call? This was your prediction? Gee ..what a drama queen.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think I'm getting old, I don't get this extreme loyalty to stars at all. The situation is mad, and we lack creativity sorely but he seems a bit of a manipulative prick and he's been ranging from **** to bang average for a few years now so how people are getting so upset like it's their own brother not being allowed to play I'll never understand. Move on, plenty to stress about in life these days as is. He will be fine.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I genuinely think he has one more stint in the team unfortunately.
What, after January? I can't see it unless Arteta is sacked, which isn't happening barring some sort of madness. It's hard to imagine Mikel suddenly deciding to get him back in the squad after ignoring him for the PL squad. Anyway, if people here are to be believed, he's acting on instructions, so there'd be zero chance in that case--particularly after his social media foolishness, which will probably intensify between now and January.

Elwood

Criticisimg him for bad performances is not 'bashing'
And also calling out the Özil acolytes who are nut-riding him is fair.

No one bashed Özil. We've simply pointed out that his achievement at Arsenal is overrated.
What bad performances? Sorry I'm late, but the whole point here is that he doesn't have any performances.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I genuinely think he has one more stint in the team unfortunately.
Even if the club sacks Arteta, the new manager may not even fancy Özil. We've all seen it with previous managers.

Only way Özil gets back into the team is If Arteta is sacked by the board and replaced by Wenger which is practically impossible.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It'd take an incredible series of events for Arteta to be sacked within the next couple of months. Which is the only way Özil has a chance of getting back into the squad.

Elwood

You can kind of see where the divide lays between the two different sides on this thread.

On the pro Özil side, the only metric being used is talent. Everything else is irrelevant. That's why they can't compute why Özil isn't in the 25 man squad, it's mind boggling to them because he certainly is talented enough as a player.

On the anti Özil side, talent is only one of many factors being put into the equation. Ability to follow the managers instructions, commitment, effort, squad cohesion / stability, training levels, mentality etc.

My personal opinion is that Wenger was very soft with him and let him get away with pretty much doing as he wished because he adored him so much as a talent. You could kind of justify the special treatment when Özil was a match winner and game changer, which he was. He stopped being that quite some time ago though. I think Özil got too accustomed to that treatment and with the previous 2.5 managers ( If you include Freddie) he's basically thrown his toys out of the pram when he's not been kowtowed to or got the treatment he would have under Wenger.

Alarm bells should be ringing that Mesut has had issues with each manager post Wenger, to be honest.
I agree with everything here, except for the fact that he played under Arteta before the lockdown, and very well imo. That's what had me personally confused.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What bad performances? Sorry I'm late, but the whole point here is that he doesn't have any performances.
I'm sure if you go back, you'd find plenty of poor performances from Özil.
Pretty much the only decent performance he's given us in the last two and half years is 3-1 vs Leicester in 2018.

Elwood

O
I'm sure if you go back, you'd find plenty of poor performances from Özil.
Pretty much the only decent performance he's given us in the last two and half years is 3-1 vs Leicester in 2018.
I'm sure I'd find more good performances from him, and that's a big part of our differences in opinion about him.
And I'm sure that's why I'm more inclined to think there may be more to this situation, than just his footballing ability/will.

Last edited:

gamechannel

It'd take an incredible series of events for Arteta to be sacked within the next couple of months. Which is the only way Özil has a chance of getting back into the squad.

No chance. Arteta may very well get sacked but Ozils exile is from thr ownership. Not from Arteta. Hes just being a spineless yes man.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
hopefully arteta the most negative manager in the league is gone before him. Until then Özil will be used as an attack on Artetas football. Özil represent everything that goes against Artetas football

Arteta is going nowhere, whereas your man-crush is leaving next year. I presume you will be following him to his next club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom