• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Instrumental in Ajax’s CL and EL runs and club captain at 19. So my point still stands, he walked in and bossed it at the highest level.
Sure if we just ignore reality then you're absolutely right. Let me get Rudy Giuliani's number for you. There's a team that loves that mentality that you'd fit well on. :rofl:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nothing but people are starting to get wound up about Saliba. Think we can leverage this.

This is the cycle of Arsenal fans, get excited by something based off nothing but vibes then get mad when they eventually get disappointed even though it was right in front of you.

Arteta is doing his first ever job in a role Arsène (one of the GOATs) and Emery (experienced trophy winning manager) struggled in, of course he was gonna be in over his head this is a big task.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don’t get this one. A 19yo moves to another country the loses his mother in what sounds like unexpected circumstances.

Arsenal fans across the Internet bleat about poor man management, failed transfer policies, player not being good enough and that reports of player being unsettled is ‘fake news’

I just can’t tie the two things together. Isn’t the death of your mother a complete showstopper? Am I being a bit soft?

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I don’t get this one. A 19yo moves to another country the loses his mother in what sounds like unexpected circumstances.

Arsenal fans across the Internet bleat about poor man management, failed transfer policies, player not being good enough and that reports of player being unsettled is ‘fake news’

I just can’t tie the two things together. Isn’t the death of your mother a complete showstopper? Am I being a bit soft?
Didn't Saliba say in his interviews that he feels ready to play and that not making the EL squad pissed him off?

Manberg

Predator
Are we suddenly experts in judging how people should handle bereavement?

We’ve no right to judge. It’s not like there is a 24/7 fly on the wall reality show to help us guess.
Entitled people throwing about their petty opinions. Leave Saliba alone and stop hyping him for no reason.

BigPoppaPump

I was wondering what the bereavement was since we never heard anything official. I looked at his Instagram and his profile pic was what I assume was him and his Mother when he was a baby and it kind of put it together for me.

I think he should be given as much time off as he needs to get it together, but if he feels like he's ready to play than U23 is a waste of time.

Manberg

Predator
I was wondering what the bereavement was since we never heard anything official. I looked at his Instagram and his profile pic was what I assume was him and his Mother when he was a baby and it kind of put it together for me.

I think he should be given as much time off as he needs to get it together, but if he feels like he's ready to play than U23 is a waste of time.

Playing u23 takes all pressure off him. He’s still getting some level of football experience and is able to continue his job.

Xanth

Some dodgy sauce:
But Arteta confirms the same:

Haven't seen anything about his loss from any decent sauce, I think he doesn't play because Arteta don't rate him atm.

Chris Wheatley deleted a tweet where he said that journalists know about the situation with Saliba's parents but haven't disclosed it out of respect or propriety and just alluded to "personal issues", also expressing his disappointment at the whole thing now being public. This was in reply to a tweet that referenced Kike Marin.

BigPoppaPump

Playing u23 takes all pressure off him. He’s still getting some level of football experience and is able to continue his job.

It's not about pressure I'm sure he can handle that. It's about his development, he went from first team starting regular to U23 it's a massive step back.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Haven't seen anything about his loss from any decent sauce, I think he doesn't play because Arteta don't rate him atm.

If by loss you mean death of his mother, its reported in many many places. But you're 100% right, there is no "concrete official" announcement of her passing.

In my experience, when someone passes and there is a lack of clarity in information over what happened the circumstances are often not great.

BigPoppaPump

If by loss you mean death of his mother, its reported in many many places. But you're 100% right, there is no "concrete official" announcement of her passing.

In my experience, when someone passes and there is a lack of clarity in information over what happened the circumstances are often not great.

I was wondering the same about sources but if you look at his Instagram profile pic I think it says a lot.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Because he's a professional and should understand social media criticism is irrelevant.
Doesn't work that way for every player though, they are all different some are more sensitive than others.

Saying that, there is nothing to suggest Saliba is that way and as time goes on this is increasingly looking like an Arteta problem rather than a Saliba problem.

I'm sure if you asked him if he wanted to start in the next premiership match he'd say yes.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom