• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What about the fact we don't have a center forward that can score goals or link the play? The fact we have 1 midfielder that has played between the lines at any sort of decent level? The fact that without Partey we have no athleticism in midfield?

Its obvious Arteta needs to get more out of them, but a lot on here gloss over these simple facts.

Don't even bother with him, can't see past his powdered nose most of the time.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As fans we have been horribly misguided unfortunately. The sad thing is sacking Arteta solves nothing.

I blame him for the tactics and his man management failings, but it's not all his fault. Or Emery.

Arsène shouldn't even be debated at this point the guy for exceeded his means consistently for too long, it's just a shame he was ushered out the back door. At least he is being vindicated over time though.

The last few years does actually make me think what Wenger would be like with competent people at exec level.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Mikel need to start get real and he trying to be positive and say we creating enough chances and shots this is not good enough. In Europe we creating like 20 shots a game in league the number just decline rapidly its unforgivable

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He’s over-complicating things. Yesterday he had Ceballos at right back, so Bellerin could play on the wing ...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Gazidis was a way better exec than Edu, Raul, Vinai, Huss Fahmy, Sven Mislintat and whoever has been abusing our club the last few years.
I can't back the Gazidis ting sorry :lol:

He was a criminal. He was the one who got your boi Raul in the club as well actually.

That leadership structure he brought in where nobody knew who was doing what was all him and it's already been dismantled cause it's trash.

Edu has somehow gotten away with the ****ery though, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the boot on mutual terms too.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gazidis was a way better exec than Edu, Raul, Vinai, Huss Fahmy, Sven Mislintat and whoever has been abusing our club the last few years.

I cant bring myself to say anything positive about a man that spent 200m on Mustafi, Xhaka, Debuchy, Chambers, Perez and Lacazette, while getting nothing for Sanchez, Özil and Ramsey.
That f*cker set this club back a decade.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Mikel need to start get real and he trying to be positive and say we creating enough chances and shots this is not good enough. In Europe we creating like 20 shots a game in league the number just decline rapidly its unforgivable

That's all the evidence you need to know it's a team function and tactics problem. Not a player one. Mikel played with Özil last year. This year he has left him out of consideration. If he is doing that against his will he should say. If hes choosing to do it he looks foolish. Even to have him on the bench.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As fans we have been horribly misguided unfortunately. The sad thing is sacking Arteta solves nothing.

I blame him for the tactics and his man management failings, but it's not all his fault. Or Emery.

Arsène shouldn't even be debated at this point the guy for exceeded his means consistently for too long, it's just a shame he was ushered out the back door. At least he is being vindicated over time though.
Yep, tell that to @HairSprayGooners ffs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Most are extremely biased. Anyone that has an idea of football could see before the season started the squad was well off it.

Ask any supporters from an opposition club what Arsenal players they rate and would take, and its a very short list.

I've been critical of Arteta so don't really know you're getting at. I can just accept the grim reality that the club finds itself in that goes beyond the manager. It seems many on here always need a scapegoat to pin all of the blame on, I've found its quite a common of a lot of Arsenal fans.

Wasn’t the squad supposed to be better than last year’s? We added players that Mikel was supposedly desperate to sign like Willian and bringing back Ceballos.

We finally got a top CB and extended our golden boot winning striker as well as signing a world class CM.

By every xG metric though we’re worse than last year. If we were just unlucky you could say we’d progress to the mean and start winning games but according to the numbers we’re outperforming our expected points.

It’s getting worse with every game.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I can't back the Gazidis ting sorry :lol:

He was a criminal. He was the one who got your boi Raul in the club as well actually.

That leadership structure he brought in where nobody knew who was doing what was all him and it's already been dismantled cause it's trash.

Edu has somehow gotten away with the ****ery though, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the boot on mutual terms too.

I cant bring myself to say anything positive about a man that spent 200m on Mustafi, Xhaka, Debuchy, Chambers, Perez and Lacazette, while getting nothing for Sanchez, Özil and Ramsey.

You guys are right he did f*ck it up for us. But still no one knew Mustafi, Xhaka and Lacazette would be so bad and Chambers is alright just injured. Raul/Huss/Edu just brought in anyone who was linked to Kia and Mislintat just bought his old Dortmund friends or Germans.

I feel like we were more stable under Wenger/Gazidis even if we were stagnating, now we're just on a free fall.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta held a lengthy conference call with his squad on Wednesday night in a bid to break the deadlock between the club and players over proposed wage cuts.

Following unsuccessful attempts by the Arsenal hierarchy to impose salary reductions on the team over the past week, Arteta entered negotiations with a direct address to the group.

The club’s suggestion — cutting pay by up to 12.5 per cent per month for one year based on whether they qualify for next season’s Champions League — was put to a collective vote last weekend. Each player was invited to reply through WhatsApp with a tick or a cross and the result was thought have been 13 in favour and 14 against.

Arteta is understood to have expressed displeasure at the situation and encouraged his squad to accept the terms laid out but has also pledged to support whatever decision they reach.

Once the Spaniard had spoken, he left the players to continue deliberating among themselves and it is understood that some were more inclined to accept the plans after listening to his rationale, though there was not another vote.

During this part of the discussion, Hector Bellerin was the main voice. Having played the role of go-between throughout the discussions, the club’s Professional Footballers’ Association representative made further efforts to broker a consensus.

But there was still no sign of a collective agreement, with a large proportion of the squad willing only to consider deferrals while the financial implications of COVID-19 remain hypothetical.

There is also still an element of confusion over why Arsenal players are being asked to take cuts when such a method is not being implemented at most other teams either in the Premier League or Europe’s top divisions and why the request spans 12 months rather than the shorter periods seen elsewhere.

Club bosses believe salary reductions will enable them to plan ahead with greater certainty and flexibility, whereas deferrals merely put a delay to potential problems.

As and when the extent of any losses is known for certain, an increasing number of Arsenal players have indicated they would take cuts to help the club meet their monetary obligations.

However, the process is beginning to take its toll, with sections of the squad feeling they are now being placed under excessive pressure and that they would benefit from external representation.

Whether that would manifest itself through the PFA, lawyers, agents or family, some of the players — in particular those of a younger age — are concerned they do not fully understand the consequences of what they are being required to decide upon.

As clubs across the game approach these conversations with vast experience, preparation and support, many of those on the other side of the table do so alone and are reluctant to commit to making significant changes to their employment contracts in the absence of professional advice.

After the Arsenal players’ vote last weekend, the north London club announced that their executive team will waive more than a third of their salaries over the next 12 months, yet that seemingly has not influenced the squad en masse.

Arsenal are not facing serious difficulties in the immediate term but that could change the longer the current shutdown goes on. In the absence of a player agreement, their owner Stan Kroenke will provide cover, although the exact form that would take is as yet unclear. Another option being pondered is a bank loan.

lol all their initial reservations turned out to be spot on, these guys legit got conned :lol: If they redid the vote, I bet only Bellerin the teacher pet would be in favour lol.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Grim, but not much worse than Guendouzi, Torreira, Sokratis, Luiz, Mari, Cedric, missing Saliba, Lichsteiner, Pepe. Have any of those made an impact? Not a long way short of £200m.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Now we wait for someone to say it’s not Arteta’s fault his squad is worse than those 5 teams.......

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Grim, but not much worse than Guendouzi, Torreira, Sokratis, Luiz, Mari, Cedric, missing Saliba, Lichsteiner, Pepe. Have any of those made an impact? Not a long way short of £200m.

Starting to have an impact on loan tbf. Called the Raul signings of Mari and Cedric for the junk they were at the time.

I still think Guendouzi was a top signing who needed stronger managing. Torreira isn’t the meme player he’s made out to be on here either.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t the squad supposed to be better than last year’s? We added players that Mikel was supposedly desperate to sign like Willian and bringing back Ceballos.

We finally got a top CB and extended our golden boot winning striker as well as signing a world class CM.

By every xG metric though we’re worse than last year. If we were just unlucky you could say we’d progress to the mean and start winning games but according to the numbers we’re outperforming our expected points.

It’s getting worse with every game.

Agreed its better than last seasons. Look I think Arteta should be more at stage, but its still early in the season. Think its also a bit harsh to include Partey given he has played two and a half league games. I hin he will make a big difference once he has integrated and a playing every week.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Now we wait for someone to say it’s not Arteta’s fault his squad is worse than those 5 teams.......
Still think majority of our squad is underperforming they not showing same intensity desire like they did first 6 months or even first few games in season there must be something happening and it's not only mikel tactics

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still think majority of our squad is underperforming they not showing same intensity desire like they did first 6 months or even first few games in season there must be something happening and it's not only mikel tactics

I mean even last season when he came in we struggled to get results and would take a beating in the xG stats but we were patient because he needed time and backing.

Now we’re losing even more than before and our xG stats get worse by the week. This is after he was backed in the market.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom