• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I cannot agree. Arteta built the system around Auba, then and now (when we played 343). The difference is the difference in Auba’s performances. Auba’s not the only culprit but being the star man he is the biggest influence.
So what about all the other players who aren’t performing?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lazy, sulky, wages, culprit, influence etc.

No we’re not speaking about Özil, we’re speaking about Auba.

Manberg

Predator
So what about all the other players who aren’t performing?

Like I said, the negative mentality and confidence is something that radiates in the whole squad. Auba is the biggest influence in the squad. Lacazette is best buddies with Auba and is showing similar negative mentality signs so he’s not the answer either.

Only exception in recent games being Gabriel and perhaps Holding.

Manberg

Predator
Where has the negative mentality come from then?

That’s not something I can answer without knowing the sauce. There could be frequent bust ups and disagreements behind the scenes. I wouldn’t be to know. I just know what I see, and I see poor mentality and a lack of confidence throughout the squad as the main cause for our poor league form.

Edit: There are contributing factors. Someone recently posted a link about Emery saying that the reason they didn’t get 4th was because of Ramsey’s injury who had a positive influence and character, whereas others choose not to perform or turn up. There are therefore a significant number of players in our squad who turn up and play half arsed over half the time. It’s not something that can be easily fixed.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
That’s not something I can answer without knowing the sauce. There could be frequent bust ups and disagreements behind the scenes. I wouldn’t be to know. I just know what I see, and I see poor mentality and a lack of confidence throughout the squad as the main cause for our poor league form.

Edit: There are contributing factors. Someone recently posted a link about Emery saying that the reason they didn’t get 4th was because of Ramsey’s injury who had a positive influence and character, whereas others choose not to perform or turn up. There are therefore a significant number of players in our squad who turn up and play half arsed over half the time. It’s not something that can be easily fixed.
You’re just waffling. You tried to claim these players failed Wenger and Emery when the stats showed that Auba/Laca were close to phenomenal for both managers. You talk about Emery, he loved Bellerin and Xhaka too.

You talk about negative mentality but can’t back it up when asked about it. You’re pulling stuff from the sky.

Manberg

Predator
You’re just waffling. You tried to claim these players failed Wenger and Emery when the stats showed that Auba/Laca were close to phenomenal for both managers. You talk about Emery, he loved Bellerin and Xhaka too.

You talk about negative mentality but can’t back it up when asked about it. You’re pulling stuff from the sky.

I’m not waffling mate. I never said Auba or Laca are sh*t players I’m saying that at present they are turning up to games with a sh*t mentality and it’s affecting the whole team. Big difference.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’m not waffling mate. I never said Auba or Laca are sh*t players I’m saying that at present they are turning up to games with a sh*t mentality and it’s affecting the whole team. Big difference.
You tried to claim Auba/Laca let down previous managers, in your defence of Arteta, when they CLEARLY never.

Then you tried to weirdly throw guys like Willock, AMN, Eddie, Reiss and Saka under the bus. All kids.

Then you tried to claim some negative mentality has come upon the team but can’t tell me anything other than bring borderline conspiracy theory talk.

You’re waffling Dave.

Manberg

Predator
You tried to claim Auba/Laca let down previous managers, in your defence of Arteta, when they CLEARLY never.

Then you tried to weirdly throw guys like Willock, AMN, Eddie, Reiss and Saka under the bus. All kids.

Then you tried to claim some negative mentality has come upon the team but can’t tell me anything other than bring borderline conspiracy theory talk.

You’re waffling Dave.

Are you saying they did not let Emery or Ljungberg down? The results speak for themselves. Your argument is only because I included Wenger in the conversation. There were signs that players were letting Wenger down, but it wasn’t this bad... for various reasons I’ve explained.

Those players played for Wenger but they weren’t responsible. Wenger had different players with similar negative traits that were.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are you saying they did not let Emery or Ljungberg down? The results speak for themselves. Your argument is only because I included Wenger in the conversation. There were signs that players were letting Wenger down, but it wasn’t this bad... for various reasons I’ve explained.

Those players played for Wenger but they weren’t responsible. Wenger had different players with similar negative traits that were.
No, Auba/Laca did not let Emery down. Got him to a European final. What hurt Emery was the poor recruitment by Raul.

Manberg

Predator
No, Auba/Laca did not let Emery down. Got him to a European final. What hurt Emery was the poor recruitment by Raul.

Ramsey got Emery there. Do you think we’d have got past Napoli without him? Abysmal final performance by the way.

Besides, not my point. Auba and Laca both played well that season. They’re not playing well anymore. They’re now dressing room leaders.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm not Arteta out (yet) but it's incredible that people are pinning this on the players alone.

It's not like we don't have a 30m cb prospect playing u23 football or a hot headed midfielder who had to be loaned out or a 350k a week creative player that, while completely not worth the money he's on, could maybe offer something from the bench at home games when we struggle to create a single chance per game.

Leeds and Westham do not have better overall squads than us.

It starts and stops with the manager at the end of the day.

Manberg

Predator
I'm not Arteta out (yet) but it's incredible that people are pinning this on the players alone.

It's not like we don't have a 30m cb prospect playing u23 football or a hot headed midfielder who had to be loaned out or a 350k a week creative player that, while completely not worth the money he's on, could maybe offer something from the bench at home games when we struggle to create a single chance per game.

They don’t. But at present they have squads that are committed and playing for their manager. Talent accounts for nothing when it’s negated by poor mentality. Our players had that positive energy and played for our manager towards the end of last season, won 2 cups for the effort. It’s reverted to type.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The players have got to start doing something in the PL games & fast or we will be in the relegation zone in no time. Put in more shots then just 2-3 per game. All we need is about 2/3 goals & that might be enough for a win against a few of the sides at least.

shoot for the top

The players have got to start doing something in the PL games & fast or we will be in the relegation zone in no time. Put in more shots then just 2-3 per game. All we need is about 2/3 goals & that might be enough for a win against a few of the sides at least.
The amount of shots we are taking is based on Arteta's tactics/style of play, not the players. There ARE 13 TEAMS in the premier league that has taken more shots than us, and that is not down to players.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The amount of shots we are taking is based on Arteta's tactics/style of play, not the players. There ARE 13 TEAMS in the premier league that has taken more shots than us, and that is not down to players.

His style of play basically ignores the centre of the pitch to avoid being transitioned on. The area at the tip of the box has no passes being fed into by instruction.

There are calls for more creativity and buying 'creative' players, but maybe that isn't what Arteta wants? Maybe he wants a Cf to be that fulcrum, but to also have creative presence and aerial ability. If you think about how we played against Wolves, when they say deep, we did nothing different to what Liverpool do. Just flung in loads of crosses. However we don't attack the box like they do and we only have a quality crossed from the left.

Maybe Arteta needs a Cf to unlock the creativity. Someone to drop into the hole and be effective. We have been linked to Edouard, but he isn't particularly good in the air.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Most are extremely biased. Anyone that has an idea of football could see before the season started the squad was well off it.

Ask any supporters from an opposition club what Arsenal players they rate and would take, and its a very short list.

I've been critical of Arteta so don't really know you're getting at. I can just accept the grim reality that the club finds itself in that goes beyond the manager.
The squad is the main problem, imo, quite clearly.
It's unbalanced, with huge gaps that are only slowly being filled.
That process needs more than two transfer windows.
I really hope that Arteta will be given the time - and the money - to slim down the squad and make it more competitive.
The defence is getting better, but a new World Class Goalkeeper would be top of my list there.
The midfield is slow and with no creativity. It is being addressed, but will also take time to change.
Up front we need a goalscorer. They are very expensive and usually very difficult to buy, even if we had the money.
Things have to change, but you need to start with solid foundations, and we are doing that, with Partey and Gabriel.

It seems many on here always need a scapegoat to pin all of the blame on, I've found its quite a common of a lot of Arsenal fans.

Not just Arsenal fans, not just football fans, most of humanity seem to need an Anti-Christ to 'blame'.
Conversely they also seem to need a Christ figure that will do everything ( and more ) on his own.

giphy.gif

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

It starts and stops with the manager at the end of the day.

I agree with this.
I was watching the West Ham - Villa game last night, and although they're smaller teams than us, you have to admire the way Villa were playing with commitment and going all in in search for the equaliser.
In the end, they were very unlucky by hitting the crossbar on their penalty and then getting a goal disallowed after a ridiculous VAR decision.

They lost the game, but they must have felt proud of their performance and how they got West Ham against the wall.

It reminded me that it's been a long time when Arsenal didn't have such an experience, i.e. even if you lose or draw a match, you are happy with the performance you showed, the way you played and in the end it was just luck wasn't on your side.

On all the recent losses, we definitely deserved to lose and even the draw at Leeds, we were very lucky to get away with a point, as we didn't deserve anything. Leeds were superior to us and had us on the ropes.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Gazidis was a way better exec than Edu, Raul, Vinai, Huss Fahmy, Sven Mislintat and whoever has been abusing our club the last few years.
Gazidis was a leech
The rest you named are equally repulsive, maybe more so, but Gazidis opened the door to them.

They are all blood-sucking bastards.
The whole 'industry' is disgusting.

Wholesale changes are needed from the top.

Sadly I also fall into the trap of thinking/hoping the Messiah is just around the corner.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom