• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
An Atletico fan literally just gave you a play by play breakdown of what happened with him. This forum at times :facepalm:

If Atletico seen something they liked in him he would be starting for them or they would be interested in buying him. He isn't good enough for them.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If you say so I guess

No it isn't if I say so. If you have a player on loan who is excelling in training and matches and he gets covid and can't play for a few weeks that wouldn't change your mind to sign him.

He isn't good enough. That's the simple truth. He isn't good enough for Arsenal so why on earth would he be good enough for Atletico?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sometimes you just have to do right thing and accept we won't sell him for good value. Loan plus 15m euros obligation and move on he got no future here so we'll need to stop looking for 25-30m because he'll stuck here until his contract is done

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Failed at Arsenal, failed at Atleti, on to Fiorentina on loan, Serie B before we know it...my reputation in tatters.

Scenes when Dash sees Torreira fail at Fiorentina and they start trying to skirt their obligation to buy commitments...

tgdash.png

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No it isn't if I say so. If you have a player on loan who is excelling in training and matches and he gets covid and can't play for a few weeks that wouldn't change your mind to sign him.

He isn't good enough. That's the simple truth. He isn't good enough for Arsenal so why on earth would he be good enough for Atletico?

Simple truths:
  • A shrimp’s heart is in it’s head
  • Hippos have pink milk
  • Goats have rectangular pupils
  • You can buy eel flavoured ice cream in Japan
  • 3 of America’s presidents have died on July 4th

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Simple truths:
  • Hippos have pink milk

Pepe was a waste of money
Torreria is crap
Willian is robbing us

Breezy

Simple truths:
  • Hippos have pink milk

• Cows have got four stomachs.
  • Pound for pound there’s more sugar in a lemon than a strawberry.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
And he can f*ck off with BS like this btw. Did any of these white Uruguayan footballers who are supporting Cavani pause to ask a black Uruguayan for their opinion on this matter before they started getting uppity about the FA disrespecting their cultural heritage?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And he can f*ck off with BS like this btw. Did any of these white Uruguayan footballers who are supporting Cavani pause to ask a black Uruguayan for their opinion on this matter before they started getting uppity about the FA disrespecting their cultural heritage?

This is disgusting, should honestly be erased from our clubs history. Always knew he was bad vibes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Please tell me Suarez posted that letter as well? :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

What did Cavani say?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its a bit of a ****show at the FA. Got to have a bit more scope in their laws & punishments given... or give the punishment at same time as the written report so any context or reasoning public.

From reading this sounds like the guy has got thrown in the same bracket as potentially some proper racist ****s.

It is alleged that, contrary to FA Rule E3.1, a comment posted on the Manchester United FC player's Instagram page was insulting and/or abusive and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute.

It is further alleged that the comment constitutes an 'Aggravated Breach', which is defined in FA Rule E3.2, as it included a reference, whether express or implied, to colour and/or race and/or ethnic origin.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I have researched if the term is racist. A Spanish person on reddit was saying on a post a couple years ago that it isnt said in Spain but when he lived in Uraguay it certainly was not used in any racist manner, its just what was said as a form of endearment:
It depends on the country. In spain, for example it can be kind of racist if a white dude calls negrito to a black dude, but in Uruguay or in Argentina don't have the same meaning. It depends more on the context. I'm from Spain and i live in Argentina for 4 years and it's very common anyone call you negro, loco or papá. And their diminutives negrito, loquito or papito.

When i first arrived i wasn't used to it. I'm white and when they said to me "¿Qué hacés negro?" as a way to say "how are you mate? It was a little strange to me. But it has nothing to do with racism in that context.
This sentiment was echoed by another commenter. I think its very very wrong to call Cavani racist in this situation. I think its quite unfair and tarnishes someone who certainly didn't mean it that way. I thought he was very guilty before doing some research.

Saying that, we are in a different country with a different set of laws here. So I think its okay that he gets the ban because some people may take it a different way, and the PL shouldn't ever be associated with making people feel uncomfortable based on their race.

I do think that if we are too easily calling people racists in this world and misunderstanding them it could be counter productive for what we are trying to achieve, I feel like there has been some really good (and long overdue) responses since the George Flloyd issue but there has been a lot of hysteria too, a lot of cancelling of people. The Romanian ref who said that stuff in the CL for example should only be punished for using a man's skin tone to refer to them as he said "that black guy" (which dont get me wrong was kinda racist and extremely unprofessional) but shouldn't be punished because of the fact that his country's literal word for the colour "black" is a racist term in other countries, I saw some people reacting in that manner and its unfair and unjust. For me personally he should be punished but not 'cancelled' (and should attend some educational classes with his punishment), and I think Cavani was right to be punished but is not an actual racist.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

“The first rule to fight against racism is to respect such different ways of life and culture.”

Can miss me with that nonsense right there. If anything the fight against racism is to fight against ingrained cultural problems.

Racism in Spanish speaking countries is off the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom