• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

You gotta respect what Özil was for us. He was world class in his prime. We gave him a contract for what he did for us and not what he was going to do going forward. That mistake brought us to this point. I am happy this saga is over but also sad it had to end this way. I would always prefer the way Ramsey left over this exile approach we had with Özil. We move!

He was massively overrated. He got the contract because Arsenal allowed him and Alexis to simultaneously have them over a barrel...

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
When we signed Özil he was a top player and one of the best signings we'd ever made. When we gave him the ridiculous contract it was due to the club's continued (continuing?) failure to do its business nice and early.

Why the player is blamed for the club's failings should be a mystery to me.

Good luck at Fenerbahce and thank goodness this is over. Let's see who the talentless trolls pick on next to blame for our decline.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
You gotta respect what Özil was for us. He was world class in his prime. We gave him a contract for what he did for us and not what he was going to do going forward. That mistake brought us to this point. I am happy this saga is over but also sad it had to end this way. I would always prefer the way Ramsey left over this exile approach we had with Özil. We move!
The saga isn't over. All we've done is shift it to Willian ffs.

Balboa

When we signed Özil he was a top player and one of the best signings we'd ever made.

Except for... Dixon, Seaman, Winterburn, Bould, Richardson, Marwood, Groves, Alan Smith, Keown, Wright, Bergkamp, Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Anelka, Ljunberg, Henry, Pires, Gilberto, Edu, Toure, Fabregas, Sagna, Ramsey, Adebayor, Van Persie, Cazorla

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Except for... Dixon, Seaman, Winterburn, Bould, Richardson, Marwood, Groves, Alan Smith, Keown, Wright, Bergkamp, Vieira, Overmars, Petit, Anelka, Ljunberg, Henry, Pires, Gilberto, Edu, Toure, Fabregas, Sagna, Ramsey, Adebayor, Van Persie, Cazorla
Maybe I should have said BIG signing. The signing of Wright or Bergkamp is comparable. Most of the others were players who developed at the Arsenal and weren't big names when we signed them.

I assume the inclusion of Groves and Marwood is a joke.

Last edited:

Balboa

Maybe I should have said BIG signing. The signing of Wright or Bergkamp is comparable. Most of the others were players who deveopled at the Arsenal and weren't big names when we signed them.

I assume the inclusion of Groves and Marwood is a joke.

Perry-groves-2.jpg

sport-preview-arsenal-vs-liverpool-1989.jpg

8c36fbeed3ebf4ab09aaf9cac6fa5aee.jpg

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The saga isn't over. All we've done is shift it to Willian ffs.

Whether the next saga is Auba, Willian or <Player X> at least we can rest assured it will remain relatively grounded in the area of a footballing performance debate and not spiral into the worlds of politics, philanthropy, social media and a host of other aspects I have omitted to mention.

TakeChillPill

Established Member

We were warned by Keown two and a half years ago, funny how he ended up being spot on about Özil not playing against that season after that game. Keown was criticised for being too harsh on Özil but it seems like in the end he was right.

He got to comfortable here, blame Wenger for it. Have to remember Carlo wanted him out of Madrid and then went on to win the CL.

I'll probably watch his games at Fener, in a lesser league he'll be a joy to watch.

There is a reason why Riquelme didn't make it at Barca and played most of his career at Villereal, he need to be carried, you'll get top 4 with players like that but never titles.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He got to comfortable here, blame Wenger for it. Have to remember Carlo wanted him out of Madrid and then went on to win the CL.

I'll probably watch his games at Fener, in a lesser league he'll be a joy to watch.

There is a reason why Riquelme didn't make it at Barca and played most of his career at Villereal, he need to be carried, you'll get top 4 with players like that but never titles.

That’s rubbish posting though, the last bit, as Özil broke records and carried the team only to be let down by Giroud. A better striker and we win the title that season and Özil is to Arsenal what Diego was to Napoli.

Fine lines.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
That’s rubbish posting though, the last bit, as Özil broke records and carried the team only to be let down by Giroud. A better striker and we win the title that season and Özil is to Arsenal what Diego was to Napoli.

Fine lines.

If and buts.....and no wouldnt be like Maradona at Napoli. Should be banned for making such a daft comparison.

If anything Sanchez would be the correct comparison. He was our most talismanic player. Th guy led Chile to two Copa Americas probably Chile's greatest ever player.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Could say the same for Alexis and Fabregas tbf.

Barca upgraded both players and won the CL.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Absolutely awesome signing when we got him; awful contract 2 years ago. The last act will leave a bitter taste, but the guy definitely brought some serious excitement to the club at a time when we really needed it.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Could say the same for Alexis and Fabregas tbf.

Barca upgraded both players and won the CL.
With fabregas it probably rings true, wasn't playing in the right system and was regrettably sold because it didn't quite work out for him.

Sanchez left because he didn't want to be second fiddle to neymar.
Both players had the misfortune of having their position swiped (or in Fab’s case, couldn’t break in) by one of the very few guys (<5) in the world who’d start over him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom