• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

"And that hampered Arsenal's ability to grow in the transfer market ever since. But of course, some of these issues preceded that; some of the weakness that we saw from Arsenal preceded that, how much was Mesut responsible for that rather than just being part or sort of swept up in it? It's impossible to answer.

"But that's just my personal view, I think he might have been well-served by someone with a slightly stronger grip on dressing room dynamics and on forcing players really to try a bit harder and be less comfortable.

"I think, the latter stages of the Wenger era, and I would include Mesut in that, were characterised by everyone becoming a little bit too comfortable. And I think a different manager might have got more out of Mesut just as Jose Mourinho did."
A bit of selective quoting?

Reading the whole piece to me it reads as if he is saying Ozils wages were a hindrance because we were paying someone massive wages to not play meaning we couldn't attract others because the wage to attract them was already being used by Özil. Mind I might be wrong.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Forcing a global star out of the club, and consequently terminating his contract is not a good look for the club. Likewise Özil doesn't come out of this shining with glory either. Just an all round ****show.
A global superstar who by all accounts was wrote off at home and abroad. The only reason Arsenal come out silly is by handing him the contract they did when his best days were well and truly behind him. I'm not sure that's a bad thing in a players eyes.

Ozils days as a superstar are long behind him. He has his brand but the only offers he is getting is from Turkey and the likes. I think that shows where the footballing world places his ability and mentality at just now.

D

Dial Square 1886

Yep, pretty much this. I don't really want to see the club give out that sort of money to a player again. The only exception is if we get a Thierry Henry type level player again that is in their mid 20's.

I agree, except oh bollocks. We already did with Auba!!

That will all end in fun and games as well.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Forcing a global star out of the club, and consequently terminating his contract is not a good look for the club. Likewise Özil doesn't come out of this shining with glory either. Just an all round ****show.
Honestly don’t think this bothers anyone. Mainly pro Özil BS in my view. Professional players will go where there is high wages and we have more room for that now.

Professional players aren’t idiots. They can see that Özil has plenty of blame in this situation. Actually think it is overall positive that the club played more hardball and made his stay here more unpleasant at the end. Should have started much earlier. If a player doesn’t perform they need to be made to improve or leave.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
A global superstar who by all accounts was wrote off at home and abroad. The only reason Arsenal come out silly is by handing him the contract they did when his best days were well and truly behind him. I'm not sure that's a bad thing in a players eyes.

Ozils days as a superstar are long behind him. He has his brand but the only offers he is getting is from Turkey and the likes. I think that shows where the footballing world places his ability and mentality at just now.
Exactly this. The club did nothing wrong apart from the previous regime treating him like Maradona based on him being Wenger's pet and panicking to give a ridiculous contract.

He was already inconsistent while his fitness and performances were regularly poor.

Note that around the same time Alexis was being courted by City and Utd where there wasn't even any sign of any interest in Özil.

How Wenger and Gaxidis agreed for a ridiculous contract you'll never know but they've previously bern shafted by he likes of Walcott.

How the new regimebhave treated Özil done nothing to impact our reputation. This is a regular thing at most clubs. Özil got outed from Real Madrid, Germany and now Arsenal against his will indicates he's got issues.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

its-over-its-finally-over.jpg
What is Mesut in this? I’d vote for Gollum. Turning bad from greed, stalking for treasure, yet in his final act releasing us all. ;)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Does Piers Morgan ever come for the Kroenkes?

I’d check his tweets but I’d rather lobotomise myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom