• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

Aah! Here come the woke f.u.c.k.s tying Özil to Erdugon when there is NO evidence that Özil actually supports his agenda except him attending Ozils wedding which could very well be forced upon Özil. Even if one was to believe Özil is best buddies with Erdugon, you speak as if the UK government is a bunch of saints. This is the same government that has sided with the US in countless wars based lies and greed where millions of people have been killed in the name of liberating these countries of evil dictators only for these countries to fall completely apart. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria are recent examples that come to mind. But no, you're so ****ing righteous that you object to one Muslim leader who has the balls to show the middle finger to the Western leaders and looks after his country's national interests. It must piss you guys off that he doesn't fit your alleged righteous narrative.

Lol what kind of stupid strawman argument is this? Who has defended the UK or US governments and their foreign policy on here?

This argument is like defending a three year old child old for beating and bullying other kids, because there are other bullies out there as well who are not being punished.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He wouldn't even be the best Willia to wear that number this century!

arthur-fist-mr-krabs

@Rex Banter seeing this.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

This assist last season was something else. He was completely running the show that night.

I think Özil's time at Arsenal was up for some time, but he actually has been fantastic under Arteta at the end and the time of him being dropped was a bit odd for me.

His game in the video, his game against Chelsea and ManU, he's been gobsmashing.

I get the argument though, that if you want to achieve a certain way of football as a complete unit, with quality pressing etc, Özil is lacking in critical parts.

But one thing is clear to me, and I'd think anyboy who thinks otherwise, should get his head checked - the Özil we saw under Arteta would've ensured we'd never be short of several topclass scoring chances in a game, not regarding certain other parts of his play that we'd suffer along with it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just for anyone saying Özil's time here was a waste of time or anything, you've got to separate the two contracts. Buying Özil and having him from 2013-2018 was a HUGE success, he played very well, we won some trophies, fans adored him, all round fantastic success. The second contract 2018-2021 was a colossal failure. The failure of the second contract doesn't lessen the brilliance of the first contract, and the success of the first contract doesn't lessen the sh*tshow of the second contract.

BEFORE THE CONTRACT RENEWAL ON JANUARY 31ST 2018

Appearances – 183 : Goals – 37 : Assists – 64

AFTER THE CONTRACT RENEWAL ON JANUARY 31ST 2018
Appearances – 71 : Goals – 7 : Assists – 13

https://arseblog.com/2021/01/a-career-of-two-halves-mesut-Özil-set-for-fenerbahce-move/

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

we can see how well democracy has panned out for the UK and US. Muslims do not have to support this bullshit capitalist form of democracy anyway.

speaking of democracy, why is Turkey not part of the EU?
On the first paragraph not sure what to respond as I am not sure compared to what other countries you criticize e.g. the UK.

On second paragraph it is pretty easy: Turkey doesn’t fulfill the requirements, incl. as a democracy, to become a member state and there isn’t much support among the current other member states to have it join.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
But one thing is clear to me, and I'd think anyboy who thinks otherwise, should get his head checked - the Özil we saw under Arteta would've ensured we'd never be short of several topclass scoring chances in a game, not regarding certain other parts of his play that we'd suffer along with it.

His performances in his final two games for us vs Olympiakos and West Ham really do not back up your statement in any way I’m afraid.

Totally agree he played some great stuff under Arteta but on balance of probability using all games since his new contract as a guide, the aforementioned final two games represent the Özil we would have mostly seen had he remained in the setup.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
I think Özil's time at Arsenal was up for some time, but he actually has been fantastic under Arteta at the end and the time of him being dropped was a bit odd for me.

His game in the video, his game against Chelsea and ManU, he's been gobsmashing.

I get the argument though, that if you want to achieve a certain way of football as a complete unit, with quality pressing etc, Özil is lacking in critical parts.

Maybe we have different definitions, but 'Fantastic' is not a word I'd use to describe Özil last season. 2 assists and 1 goal in 18 games is far from 'fantastic' in my view. His first couple of games under Arteta were decent, then he faded and became anonymous and ineffective again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He expected to arrive to Istanbul in midnight the Fenerbache president special plane already on it way to London. Would have expected a huge crowd waiting in airport if wasn't of covid

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
This stat site pretty much destroys any claim that Özil was anything other than mediocre last season.

Özil only got more than a 6 rating a couple of times. I'm seriously not sure how people can come to the conclusion that he was good for us last season. Rose tinted glasses perhaps?

https://www.footballcritic.com/mesut-Özil/profile/6196

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On the first paragraph not sure what to respond as I am not sure compared to what other countries you criticize e.g. the UK.

On second paragraph it is pretty easy: Turkey doesn’t fulfill the requirements, incl. as a democracy, to become a member state and there isn’t much support among the current other member states to have it join.
I don't know what to say about democracy... It's a failed system of governance. Democracy, like Religion is nowadays used as a smokescreen to brainwash the public.

Regarding the EU, I don't really care and I don't hold you answerable but how can Italy and Germany (and England ) pass the requirements then? It's a glorified best-pals club, like FIFA.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm assuming they'll be some non disclosure agreement barring either side from saying too much about anything that's gone on, in the contract termination. At least in the short term.

Shame really, I think we'd all like to know the in's and out's of what happened.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Erdogan has done well for turkey and Im glad he put down that western coup. Put a bullet on those traitors head one by one. they wont try again

Stick to talking about **** that you have a clue about.

Erdoğan is a incredibly corrupt tyrant and he's an absolute disaster for Turkey. Turkish institutions have degenerated immensely because of the widespread corruption in his regime, the economy is in the ****ters, the Turkish Lira has undergone devaluation and after devaluation, he effectively utilizes his power to enrichen his family and those loyal to him, interferes in the judicial affairs of the country, bends the merit systems to favor those politically aligned with him, ostracizes wide swathes of society, has unjustly thrown thousands upon thousands in prison, controls the media and has led Turkey to being the world leader in jailed journalists.

Please cut the nonsense and whataboutism. Sincerely, a Turkish person living in Turkey.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Mesut Özil, in a special statement to local Turkish TV: “I am coming tonight with my family to Istanbul, thank God who gave me the opportunity to represent this club. I will wear the shirt with pride. I said it earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom