• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Maybe we have different definitions, but 'Fantastic' is not a word I'd use to describe Özil last season. 2 assists and 1 goal in 18 games is far from 'fantastic' in my view. His first couple of games under Arteta were decent, then he faded and became anonymous and ineffective again.

I never said he's had a "fantastic season", I said he's been great when Arteta came, which admittedly also might have been boosted by the new manager effect, but nonetheless, those first few games, which included Chelsea, ManU and liverpool (he hasn't played that many more games under Arteta), he's been absolutely worldclass.

I'm still amazed at times, how little people remember or even realized, given our situation at that time, how good we have been playing in those games.
100% by a country mile the best games as of today, we have seen with Arteta.
Prime Wenger ball mixed with desire, little flicks, great passes all around..

We had some sub par games after that with Özil still playing, but he hasn't had many games or may none at all after that.

Suggest that some people might consider rewatching those games, they've been outstanding, but might have been blurred by the tense atmosphere around that time.

I am not an Özil fan boy in any way..

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Maybe we have different definitions, but 'Fantastic' is not a word I'd use to describe Özil last season. 2 assists and 1 goal in 18 games is far from 'fantastic' in my view. His first couple of games under Arteta were decent, then he faded and became anonymous and ineffective again.
Did you actually watch any of those matches? Özil was contributing and the team was playing cohesive football. The assist stats don't capture his contribution

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Give it 5 minutes and he'll be proclaiming his love for Fener and trying to pay their mascots wages. He lives the PR lifestyle

Glad it's over. Now the club and fanbase can move on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Give it 5 minutes and he'll be proclaiming his love for Fener and trying to pay their mascots wages. He lives the PR lifestyle

He shag your girl or something? Let it go.

You got Chelsea players here on 3 year deals picking up wages for doing nothing, go and have the same energy for them.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He shag your girl or something? Let it go.

You got Chelsea players here on 3 year deals picking up wages for doing nothing, go and have the same energy for them.

I swear half of your posts on here are you crying over what you deem as other people crying over AKA giving their opinions on a football forum about footballers.

If Willian or Luiz or any other player gives up on their careers I'll hammer them exactly the same as Özil, don't worry ;)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Özil was one of the best players ever seen here. Goodbye and all the best to him.

Joining a club chasing CL - something that Arsenal won’t be playing for another decade. There are levels to this game.

They’ve been chasing Champions League for ****ing ages. The last time they were in it Özil was still playing for Bremen. I doubt much changes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They’ve been chasing Champions League for ****ing ages. The last time they were in it Özil was still playing for Bremen. I doubt much changes.
They second in the table atm. Better chance than Arsenal who will do well to finish top 10 in maybe the weakest season in PL history.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Glad what’s over ?:lol:. All you had to do was avoid the thread. Acting as if it’s some big drama. If anything there’s no one to deflect from the coach and team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom