• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The Arteta haters must be gleeful at potentially signing Ødegaard.

If he does well / great you can say it's his natural talent and has nothing to do how well Arteta manages him.

If he does crap you can lay all the blame on Arteta for not getting the best out of him.

Getting pretty tiresome really. ESR, Saka etc do well under Arteta and it's because it's just their natural talent showing through, apparently.

Player like Pepe bombs this season and the majority of it is put on Arteta.
Unlike Saka and ESR Ødegaard has a back catalog of performances. We know what he’s about and how he usually performs. He’s been playing professional football for ages. That’s always been my main reason as to why we can’t use Saka and ESR as examples for how Arteta develops young players. I’m consistent with my views. By that same logic:

If Arteta has him doing better than what he’s done historically then he gets a ton of credit for allowing him to reach the next level.

If Ødegaard performs similarly to how he has before then it’s not really newsworthy, maybe Arteta gets a bit of credit for him hitting the ground running but he’s performed as expected.

If Ødegaard struggles then it’s on Arteta but realistically it will go down as him struggling to adapt to the PL. If anything, Arteta can’t lose here unless Ødegaard outright drags him in the media.

Just focus on protecting your agendas. A lot of the ‘Arteta haters’ just call it as they see it. Next time rather than consult your (clearly broken) crystal ball how about you just ask the ‘Arteta haters’ how they’ll react rather than coming up with some bullsh*t theories.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The refusal to take any positive out of this is embarrassing. Ive noticed the same lot used to camp in the Özil thread crying about negativity and whatnot, when the player had finished his Arsenal career. Yet here they are inexplicably ****ting on a no-lose deal because it might put a feather in ‘our’ managers cap :lol:
It’s funny because @Riou created this ‘posters want Ødegaard to fail so they can criticise’ Arteta theory a day or two ago and I immediately quashed it. Fast forward 24 hours and you’re all running with it with absolutely f*ck all evidence.

Do you have shred of proof for what you’re saying?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The "welcome to Arsenal" videos, are one of the worst things about social media...just want to see them holding the shirt as quickly as possible!

Last edited:

The "welcome to Arsenal" videos, are one of the worst things about social media...just want to see them holding the shirt as quickly and possible!

You really need to get laid, or maybe just talk to the opposite sex. Just please don't let Jack the Manberg help you.

Riou

It’s funny because @Riou created this ‘posters want Ødegaard to fail so they can criticise’ Arteta theory a day or two ago and I immediately quashed it. Fast forward 24 hours and you’re all running with it with absolutely f*ck all evidence.

Big question...do you rate me as a poster?

You really need to get laid, or maybe just talk to the opposite sex. Just please don't let Jack the Manberg help you.

Always personal with you, disappointed...rate you as a top AM member :(

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Big question...do you rate me as a poster?
Yeah I do. You’re a positive poster and so naturally you support Arteta because that’s akin to supporting Arsenal.

Issue we’ve been having recently is that because the tide is against Arteta you’re starting to post some weird/outright false stuff to defend him. That’s that agenda-mania type posting.

Riou

Yeah I do. You’re a positive poster and so naturally you support Arteta because that’s akin to supporting Arsenal.

Issue we’ve been having recently is that because the tide is against Arteta you’re starting to post some weird/outright false stuff to defend him. That’s that agenda-mania type posting.

I am just joking when I post all that stuff, tbf...I wrote a post about a full page long comparing Arteta to Bobby Robson, even going as far to say that Arteta was a little bit ahead of Robson at Newcastle, as he had already won a trophy.

Even though at that point Robson had taken Ipswich to the top of the game, managed peak Ronaldo's and Figo's Barca and had one of England's best ever World Cup performances...to just name a few :lol:

Don't take anything I say too seriously, just up for shaking a few cages, in good fun of course...wish I joined the forum years ago, when I first found it.

Few on here have an actual agenda (I think/hope at least) just all have different tastes in what players/coaches/teams/styles/etc that we prefer...that's just being a human.

I would like Arteta to succeed, as I like the thought of an ex player doing very well...but if he does badly, I will understand him getting replaced.

Though if it was Thierry Henry in the hot seat, doing terribly and getting bantered about in here, I would admittedly be genuinely annoyed...would probably end up getting banned if that happened :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I am just joking when I post all that stuff, tbf...I wrote a post about a full page long comparing Arteta to Bobby Robson, even going as far to say that Arteta was a little bit ahead of Robson at Newcastle, as he had already won a trophy.

Even though at that point Robson had taken Ipswich to the top of the game, managed peak Ronaldo's and Figo's Barca and had one of England's best ever World Cup performances...to just name a few :lol:

Don't take anything I say too seriously, just up for shaking a few cages, in good fun of course...wish I joined the forum years ago, when I first found it.

Few on here have an actual agenda (I think/hope at least) just all have different tastes in what players/coaches/teams/styles/etc that we prefer...that's just being a human.

I would like Arteta to succeed, as I like the thought of an ex player doing very well...but if he does badly, I will understand him getting replaced.

Though if it was Thierry Henry in the hot seat, doing terribly and getting bantered about in here, I would admittedly be genuinely annoyed...would probably end up getting banned if that happened :lol:
Stick to your videos and stop trying to justify your weirdness.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Gosh, i'm so relieved Özil has gone so we can finally stop arguing over left-footed playmakers! Oh look, the Ødegaard thread, wonder what's going on over there...

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
An even higher rated young #10 (Havertz) in football has struggled to settle into England right away but yet some are expecting Ødegaard to come in 6 months and get us into the Champions League. :lol:
Who’s expecting anything at all? And if they were, how can you ridicule someone for expecting a class player to contribute? We all do that, don’t we? This place has gone ****ing nuts, I swear.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
:lol:

You don’t ‘quash’ anything, son. And, yes, a fair amount. Same hypocritical cry babies tbh. Negative, hypocritical **** bags.

And now they’ve met a bit of opposition, they’ll want him to fail even more. But of course, you’re going to tell me that this doesn’t happen AM... :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
:lol:
You don’t ‘quash’ anything, son. And, yes, a fair amount. Same hypocritical cry babies tbh. Negative, hypocritical **** bags.

And now they’ve met a bit of opposition, they’ll want him to fail even more. But of course, you’re going to tell me that this doesn’t happen AM... :lol:
Who is “they”? Most want to sign Ødegaard on a permanent basis even if he does fail, his talent is that good.

The player isn’t the issue, it’s the circumstances surrounding the deal.

You always need something to fight against ffs.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Who’s expecting anything at all? And if they were, how can you ridicule someone for expecting a class player to contribute? We all do that, don’t we? This place has gone ****ing nuts, I swear.
Umm did you not read this thread and decided to just quote me just cause? I'm not ridiculing anyone, I'm simply pointing out facts on how hard it is for foreign players to adapt in the premier league and provided an even higher rated player in the same position who has struggled in his first six months. To expect him to contribute in that time window and then send him back to Real Madrid scotch free is the definition of lunacy. This place has gone ****ing nuts, pure emotion and zero logic presented in posts. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom