• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
People want Ødegaard here, not because they think he can drag us to Champions League, but because they don't want to see Willian play much for us anymore :lol:

Some of you guys are too down, just enjoy us getting a rather exciting player, be happy you guys!

I like what I've heard of Ødegaard. But it's a bit shame coming to the forum and people are losing their **** because you have some questions about the deal and like to discuss its pros and cons. Almost like it's not allowed to debate and talk football things on this forum.

Iceman10

Established Member
I like what I've heard of Ødegaard. But it's a bit shame coming to the forum and people are losing their **** because you have some questions about the deal and like to discuss its pros and cons. Almost like it's not allowed to debate and talk football things on this forum.

Some similarity with the approach of yourself and GDeep in this thread. You aren’t mainly challenging technical ability, you both somewhat are ok with the player, instead the argument is a bit more about it being a loan with no buy clause. When questioning the loan deal itself the question more is what would you do instead, and that’s been gone over many times. Norwich don’t want to let Buendia go at this point in the season when promotion is worth 100m+.

When it comes to GDeep in particular, I do agree the player should not be over-hyped. It is very possible he might not hit the ground running in the PL, which is kind of what you have to do mid-season instead of coming in during summer. If that happens, it happens, it is as we are right now with ESR and the rest. There is a loan fee but the wages aren’t that large.

Some similarity with the approach of yourself and GDeep in this thread. You aren’t mainly challenging technical ability, you both somewhat are ok with the player, instead the argument is a bit more about it being a loan with no buy clause. When questioning the loan deal itself the question more is what would you do instead, and that’s been gone over many times. Norwich don’t want to let Buendia go at this point in the season when promotion is worth 100m+.

When it comes to GDeep in particular, I do agree the player should not be over-hyped. It is very possible he might not hit the ground running in the PL, which is kind of what you have to do mid-season instead of coming in during summer. If that happens, it happens, it is as we are right now with ESR and the rest. There is a loan fee but the wages aren’t that large.

Nothing like I have done. I actually show everyone opinions on here respect. Im asking questions. I dont come here only to contribute calling everyone who has question a miserable ****.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think it is a valid concern that we might end up developing another club's player. Most of us would prefer a clause with option to buy, but it is what it is.

Only time will tell if this loan has been worth it for us.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I reckon we could still buy him in the summer. The lack of a clause just means that Real want to evaluate the situation.
That’s all it is. The option or chance to buy is always there if a club are willing to sell or the player wants the club. We’re front of the queue by having him here.

Iceman10

Established Member
Nothing like I have done. I actually show everyone opinions on here respect. Im asking questions. I dont come here only to contribute calling everyone who has question a miserable ****.

OK, well I did reply to you a couple of days ago outlining the question, what could we do instead, and you liked my reply to acknowledge and did not respond.

I’m sorry if others are being abusive, not speaking for them, obviously I’ve missed quite a few pages in this thread, and any abuse would be wrong. The question remains specifically from me though. What would be the alternative to this loan that you would do instead in this transfer window.

REWB

I think it is a valid concern that we might end up developing another club's player. Most of us would prefer a clause with option to buy, but it is what it is.

Mate all he has to do is get us an extra 6 points and thats 2.5mill well spent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Macho

Do hope you can get your love back for Arsenal though...plenty of posters on here I would enjoy seeing suffer, but not you bro!

Legend14

Established Member

It’s an insurance policy. The impact of ESR was massive. A backup CAM may be the difference in making top 6 if ESR is out for some reason. Easy decision TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom