• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
People giving off opinions before the lads kicked a ball for us.

He may be better than ESR he may not. He may be another Pepe, he might not. Nobody knows until he's on the pitch.

And tbf we'll know fairly quickly if he's up to the task technically. As we saw with Partey.
Too much optimism, the trolls aren't happy

e662c8cbe09ebb806df1ecd709931eb8.gif

Do the people moaning about a loan rather than buying him permanently realise that Madrid insist on putting easily obtainable buy back clauses on every young player they sell?

If we buy him for £35m there would be a buyback at probably £45m, it's just going to be a glorified loan if he is halfway decent.
Even if they don't buy him back to use him (Casemiro, Carvajal) they will buy him back and sell him somewhere else if his stock rises (Morata).

Reguilon is a 24 year old third choice left back behind Mendy and Marcelo and look...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...l-Madrid-la-liga-premier-league-transfer-news

The chances of them letting someone of Ødegaard's age and potential leave without covering themselves are zero.
So don’t go for him. Find targets, we can realistically buy now or after a loan. The players are out there. Ask Leicester.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The Arteta haters must be gleeful at potentially signing Ødegaard.

If he does well / great you can say it's his natural talent and has nothing to do how well Arteta manages him.

If he does crap you can lay all the blame on Arteta for not getting the best out of him.

Getting pretty tiresome really. ESR, Saka etc do well under Arteta and it's because it's just their natural talent showing through, apparently.

Player like Pepe bombs this season and the majority of it is put on Arteta.

The average priority of a poster on AM is to be proven right.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Forget Willian, he’s irrelevant. That may or may not work out. We’re talking about an entirely different acquisition here and you know this.

He’s not injured as far as I know... It’s just negative spin. You’re pissed off with whatever you think the broader problem at Arsenal is and you’re letting it ruin everything. Why are you doing this to yourself lad? :lol:
He’s injured, is training alone at Real according to Sky, issue with his knee.

You’re right I’m pissed off with our transfer/recruitment. I’m an Arteta fanboy, backed him since Wenger left and it’s all falling flat, football is dreadful, results are dreadful and it looks like we’ll have our lowest PL finish this year etc. If you’re not going to be pissed off now, then when?

Ødegaard with a clause to buy will have me buzzing, him here for 3 months on the back off him being a kid who is still developing, is abit dead.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not calling anyone out, some of you should stop posting instead of the sly digs. As usual you dead posters have nothing to add, log off.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
So don’t go for him. Find targets, we can realistically buy now or after a loan. The players are out there. Ask Leicester.
I think the club have good reason to think we can buy the player when the loan ends, and the player choosing us is very encouraging in that score. So we could effectively be signing him for all we know.

I know people like to go along with this ‘but our recruitment are fvcking useless’ narrative, but let’s just apply a bit of common sense to a situation for once.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
:facepalm:

You’re right I’m pissed off with our transfer/recruitment. I’m an Arteta fanboy, backed him since Wenger left and it’s all falling flat, football is dreadful, results are dreadful and it looks like we’ll have our lowest PL finish this year etc. If you’re not going to be pissed off now, then when?

Ødegaard with a clause to buy will have me buzzing, him here for 3 months on the back off him being a kid who is still developing, is abit dead.
This. Imagine the frustration, when he goes back to Madrid in four months after having a blinder of a loan spell securing us 7’th place. Where exactly does that leave us:facepalm:

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
I think the club have good reason to think we can buy the player when the loan ends, and the player choosing us is very encouraging in that score. So we could effectively be signing him for all we know.

I know people like to go along with this ‘but our recruitment are fvcking useless’ narrative, but let’s just apply a bit of common sense to a situation for once.
I don’t support that narrative, but loan deals without an option to buy are so pointless and rarely successful

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I don’t support that narrative, but loan deals without an option to buy are so pointless and rarely successful
If we had an option to buy the same lot would just have more reason to believe we were getting shafted.

The option to buy doesn’t mean anything, for me. If Ødegaard fancies us and London, Madrid will have to sit down with us. They’re looking for galactico money so it’s likely they’ll sell.

Why

Always Me ?
Say Saka or ESR is tired or gets injured... Would you rather bring Willian on, or Ødegaard? I know what I would prefer.

Sounds like a fairly cheap loan deal for a potentially very special talent.

There was no real hype around Ceballos as a player pre coming here on Loan. But Ødegaard has been a potential Wonderkid for years.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I agree with you, and the root of your frustrations. Thing is this transfer window is dead, nothings happening really and we can't afford to pay the January covid premium. I get where you're coming from because we shouldn't be here wishing we could get a good signing in this window and having to get a no-buy loan instead.

Need to at least hope he does well though else we genuinely might as well stop watching. Best case is he does well, wants to stay and forces a move and that's something to hope for at least.

You never know, might at least mean slightly less Willian.

If he does well / great you can say it's his natural talent and has nothing to do how well Arteta manages him.

If he does crap you can lay all the blame on Arteta for not getting the best out of him.

Getting pretty tiresome really. ESR, Saka etc do well under Arteta and it's because it's just their natural talent showing through, apparently.

Great post!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Yup. Pretty much this.

Patience is needed. We're headed in the right direction but it's going to take time.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Leicester didn't buy these players in a Covid market, there is very little happening at the moment.
We need a creative midfielder, we are currently relying on a very inexperienced and very injury prone 19 year old.
Aouar doesn't want to come/isn't for sale and Norwich are asking ridiculous money for Buendia, this kid is costing £2.5m in total until the summer when with more time we can look at the situation properly without rushing or panicking.
Obviously the ideal solution is we persuade KDB he needs a new challenge and get everything wrapped up in a week but it's difficult to get a decent deal in January at the best of times we need to be realistic. This is a sensible signing, if nothing else it should stop ESR and Saka from being run into the ground, which was looking like a distinct possibilty.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People can't separate and compartmentalise. The situation the club is in is terrible and the result of many bad decisions including recent ones like Willian

In the situation we find ourselves in, a loan of a player that can share Saka and ESRs minutes, reducing their risk of injury is about as good as it gets with our financial situation

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Martin Ødegaard has not yet completed the medical test at Arsenal, as some have claimed.

The Norwegian is not presented today. Arsenal fans must be tortured for a little while longer, but all is well.

Ødegaard is in England, as he landed on Sunday night.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
:facepalm:
This. Imagine the frustration, when he goes back to Madrid in four months after having a blinder of a loan spell securing us 7’th place. Where exactly does that leave us:facepalm:

God forbid he actually helps us climb the table and win the EL. Where would that leave us? CL next season, that's where!

We clearly dont have a lot of options this window. His salary is less than Runarsson so lets just get him in and see where it takes us!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I reckon we could still buy him in the summer. The lack of a clause just means that Real want to evaluate the situation.

If he does well here but they can actually buy MBappe then I reckon they’d sell. If the clause is in they’re basically making plans without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom