• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You mean Willock, or AMN in the middle? Or Azeez in the deep end? Smith tearing it in League One?

Ceballos is here because we needed a CMF, and a loan is an emergency patch. And otherwise Elneny would have played more.

We strenghtened other positions, or at least tried to. I think we have to get another good midfielder next summer, permanently.
No, Guendouzi?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Taking about money and wages, it was Arteta who signed Cedric and kept AMN when Wolves wanted him? Now he’s not even playing AMN. I’m sure AMN was MOTM in his last game at RB.

It’s Arteta who dumped Guendouzi and Özil.

We signed Runarson when all the French journalists were shocked and saying he’s dreadful. 6 months later we’ve dumped him too.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I don’t think an attacking signing is a must, you have Saka and Pepe who can operate on the right, Auba and Martinelli for the left, Willian and ESR for AM roles. They can all interchange too, Willian can play anywhere, Saka can go left, ESR can go left, even Pepe can come in the middle.
Well I can't wait to see him do that......play I mean. Because he's done fvck all since the first game of the season. Lol

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think an attacking signing is a must, you have Saka and Pepe who can operate on the right, Auba and Martinelli for the left, Willian and ESR for AM roles. They can all interchange too, Willian can play anywhere, Saka can go left, ESR can go left, even Pepe can come in the middle.
If you want Auba wide then we need a striker, if you want him through the middle we perhaps need a left winger. There is certainly something missing in our attack, and despite always being a fan of ESR, I don’t yet trust him to stay fit all season. I think we need a creative midfielder and an attacker in the summer (or at least one of those). As well as a sitting CM and starting RB.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If he does well here and settles in the team/London, plus Real Madrid need to raise cash for big signings...Ødegaard could be one they look to sell and this loan could be key to us getting him permanently over other teams, as he will then have trust in Arsenal to use him correctly as a player.

Just because there is no option to buy in the contract, doesn't mean we can't get him in the summer if everything works out...just like having an option in the loan wouldn't have meant he was definitely joining us, he could have easily just rejected us in that scenario.

Think this could be a big loan for us, provided the cards fall our way, feel it's one we can't miss out on.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sky Sports said he’s had 4 injuries this season, returning from injury now and training alone. I haven’t researched it, I’ll take their word for it, no reason for Sky to lie.
Time will tell. If Ødegaard stays fit and helps us win the EL or go up the table people will say it’s good business and I would tend to agree. It can easily fail (especially if we signed him struggling with his fitness), so the proof is gonna be in the pudding.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If he does well here and settles in the team/London, plus Real Madrid need to raise cash for big signings...Ødegaard could be one they look to sell and this loan could be key to us getting him permanently over other teams, as he will then have trust in Arsenal to use him correctly as a player.

Just because there is no option to buy in the contract, doesn't mean we can't get him in the summer if everything works out...just like having an option in the loan wouldn't have meant he was definitely joining us, he could have easily just rejected us in that scenario.

Think this could be a big loan for us, provided the cards fall our way, feel it's one we can't miss out on.
Yeah I think it depends on Zidane staying. He’s so stubborn with players, I doubt he wants him at all. Issue is if they sack him his replacement may be brought in to make use of their talent. They’ve collected some talent over the years: Rodrygo, Valverde, Vinicius, Mendy, Militao, Ødegaard and probably a couple more I’m forgetting. It would be the right call to bring in a manager willing to work with these players.

But yeah it Zidane is going strong in the summer I’ll be surprised if Madrid don’t sell for the right price.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think the idea that if Ødegaard doesn't work out here its on Arteta is the right call depending on details of course. If you can't make Ødegaard, Auba, Lacazette, Willian, Pepe etc look like a formidable attacking unit at least its a big question mark.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We're gonna announce him by naming him in the match day squad tomorrow right? Has that ever been done? Doubt it would even be possible but wouldn't it be awesome?

Last edited:

Multipass

Taking about money and wages, it was Arteta who signed Cedric and kept AMN when Wolves wanted him? Now he’s not even playing AMN. I’m sure AMN was MOTM in his last game at RB.

It’s Arteta who dumped Guendouzi and Özil.

We signed Runarson when all the French journalists were shocked and saying he’s dreadful. 6 months later we’ve dumped him too.

So? We took the risk on a cheap runarson and it didn’t work out. Spent nothing and never needed him with Leno staying fit. Still up $20m from a good sale and now have a quality keeper as back up that we can buy on the cheap end the year.

Moah

So? We took the risk on a cheap runarson and it didn’t work out. Spent nothing and never needed him with Leno staying fit. Still up $20m from a good sale and now have a quality keeper as back up that we can buy on the cheap end the year.
He's on 40k a week deal, how is that cheap for a backup goalie who can't even catch a ball properly? Plus he is non HG costing us another player.

If you want Auba wide then we need a striker, if you want him through the middle we perhaps need a left winger. There is certainly something missing in our attack, and despite always being a fan of ESR, I don’t yet trust him to stay fit all season. I think we need a creative midfielder and an attacker in the summer (or at least one of those). As well as a sitting CM and starting RB.
Back up LB?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willian can play anywhere,

Evidence so far suggests otherwise :lol:

Sadly this type of loan is as good as it gets in the terrible situation we've gout ourselves in. We can always buy him anyway without a clause. There is a scenario where we see potential and Real don't and are willing to sell

Legend14

Established Member
Watching Ødegaard play a little more.

Smart player which will help him adjust to the EPL. Expecting more impact then Pepe out of the gate. He’ll figure out quickly that he can’t dribble around all day and then won’t force it.

Very, very left footed, but has compensated with creative left foot technique. Not as big of an issue as first thought.

Creates space when he receives the ball and has his head up. This makes him solid under pressure. He’ll have fun with ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Partey. Combo’s coming. Needs to be surrounded by smart players.

Good passing touch. Not quite Özil, but polished.

No real pace, so I don’t see him threatening a counter attack on his own, but he recognizes the ball is faster than he is, so delivers quickly and accurately.

Overall, I’m curious. Still believe ESR has the greater potential. Loan deal is fine.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Expect him and Tierney to have no problem playing naked in the cold.

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom