• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Had we signed someone better than Willian in the summer maybe we wouldn’t need anybody now. You were mega excited about Willian too.

Im not overly against this because we are desperate, but I’m just frustrated because it’s one less than ideal situation to cover yet another poor deal in Willian.

Well, the same question remains. Who would you have got instead of Willian? A PL proven player with similar amount of money. Give me a list.

I wasn't mega-excited about him. I'm not sure why would anyone be. It's something totally different that gets me mega-excited. Like Partey. I thought it was good business, and only the pessimists could have guessed that he will perform so badly thus far.

We have seen that Nelson could not be counted on. Martinelli out too and needing much time to get going.

You didn't answer my question. Who would you get for the same amount of money as Ødegaard here?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Do we need to debate everything on this forum? :lol:

This loan isn't really causing us actual issues. Its not like we just permanently signed a washed up player or someone who doesnt fit.

Those are the type of decisions you should worry about, as well as whether we plug our holes properly this summer as we clearly failed last summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well, the same question remains. Who would you have got instead of Willian? A PL proven player with similar amount of money. Give me a list.

I wasn't mega-excited about him. I'm not sure why would anyone be. It's something totally different that gets me mega-excited. Like Partey. I thought it was good business, and only the pessimists could have guessed that he will perform so badly thus far.

We have seen that Nelson could not be counted on. Martinelli out too and needing much time to get going.

You didn't answer my question. Who would you get for the same amount of money as Ødegaard here?
Lookman in the summer would’ve been a good signing ahead of Willian, very cheap and on much less wages.

I would try to get Ødegaard with a clause to buy, if not then you don’t buy anyone and try to get the most you can out of Willian and Pepe, this is why they were both signed, both big experienced signings.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he's actually properly injured for a while I completely retract my point and say its a stupid deal :lol:
Sky Sports said he’s had 4 injuries this season, returning from injury now and training alone. I haven’t researched it, I’ll take their word for it, no reason for Sky to lie.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
If he's actually properly injured for a while I completely retract my point and say its a stupid deal :lol:
He's not injured now
Many athletes have had jumper's knee issue and have recovered. It will become a serious issue if it becomes chronic. He played through the pain for real Sociedad as well. Hopefully it doesn't return.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think an attacking signing is a must, you have Saka and Pepe who can operate on the right, Auba and Martinelli for the left, Willian and ESR for AM roles. They can all interchange too, Willian can play anywhere, Saka can go left, ESR can go left, even Pepe can come in the middle.

drippin

Lookman in the summer would’ve been a good signing ahead of Willian, very cheap and on much less wages.

I would try to get Ødegaard with a clause to buy, if not then you don’t buy anyone and try to get the most you can out of Willian and Pepe, this is egg they were both signed, both big experienced signings.

So you would have loaned or bought a very inexperienced winger, nothing nearly PL proven. Okay. It's easy to say such things in hindsight, if they perform.

Anyway Leipzig paid 18 million euros for him in summer 2019, and he has contract until 2024 there. That would be much more expensive than Willian, and riskier.

Willian & Pepe as AMF's, rather than loaning Ødegaard who will cost 2,5 million for 6 months, wages included? You must be joking.

This deal is quite cheap, and we get strenghtening from a true AMF, which is exactly what we need for ESR to rotate with.

You're willing to basically give up our season, just because we didn't get a buy clause?

GDeep™

League is very weak
So you would have loaned or bought a very inexperienced winger, nothing nearly PL proven. Okay. It's easy to say such things in hindsight, if they perform.

Anyway Leipzig paid 18 million euros for him in summer 2019, and he has contract until 2024 there. That would be much more expensive than Willian, and riskier.

Willian & Pepe as AMF's, rather than loaning Ødegaard who will cost 2,5 million for 6 months, wages included? You must be joking.

This deal is quite cheap, and we get strenghtening from a true AMF, which is exactly what we need for ESR to rotate with.

You're willing to basically give up our season, just because we didn't get a buy clause?
You’re right, in hindsight you can say anything. I’ll counter that by saying it’s the clubs job to scout talent within their budgets. You asking me for options other than Willian leaves me poking in the dark.

Me and you aren’t going to agree here. I think it’s a very bad deal without an option to buy. You’re asking a lot of a young player too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What are we getting from Cebellos btw? We’re giving him minutes and wages that could’ve gone to develop our own player. He’s maybe had 2/3 good performances in 18 months here.

He’s only here because he’s Spanish.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta should get the best out of his current attackers, he has enough. Instead of loaning more to paper over the cracks.

He’s not getting the best out of any of his experienced attackers. That’s alarming.

Iceman10

Established Member
I don’t think an attacking signing is a must, you have Saka and Pepe who can operate on the right, Auba and Martinelli for the left, Willian and ESR for AM roles. They can all interchange too, Willian can play anywhere, Saka can go left, ESR can go left, even Pepe can come in the middle.

Maybe if you want to try pushing Willian to consider America, China, or somewhere else as soon as possible you... Just saying. Not pretty but not out of the ordinary in football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta should get the best out of his current attackers, he has enough. Instead of loaning more to paper over the cracks.

He’s not getting the best out of any of his experienced attackers. That’s alarming.

None of them are really good though, Auba the only real top quality one and even then he has big flaws...while Laca has enjoyed his best run of form in maybe years under Mikel this season tbf (plus Pierre was quality last season under him, wonder if whatever is going on with Auba now understandably affected his form this season.)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can you imagine if Wenger was here with Saka, ESR, Pepe, Auba, Martinelli, Laca, even Willian? Murder on the football pitch.

We won’t need to be loaning some injured kid from Real with no clause, I’ll tell you that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
None of them are really good though, Auba the only real top quality one and even then he has big flaws...while Laca has enjoyed his best run of form in maybe years under Mikel this season tbf (plus Pierre was quality last season under him, wonder if whatever is going on with Auba now understandably affected his form this season.)
None of them are really good now? I saw Pepe be excellent end of last season? Then Arteta dropped him for the start of this season. I saw Laca score 3 in 3 at the start of this season and Arteta drop him. I’m watching Laca play well now. You told me Willian was one of the best at Chelsea last season.

Laca, Auba, and Pepe won Arteta an FA Cup. You’re talking rubbish.

drippin

What are we getting from Cebellos btw? We’re giving him minutes and wages that could’ve gone to develop our own player. He’s maybe had 2/3 good performances in 18 months here.

He’s only here because he’s Spanish.

You mean Willock, or AMN in the middle? Or Azeez in the deep end? Smith tearing it in League One?

Ceballos is here because we needed a CMF, and a loan is an emergency patch. And otherwise Elneny would have played more.

We strenghtened other positions, or at least tried to. I think we have to get another good midfielder next summer, permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom