• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wolves vs Arsenal | Tuesday 2nd February | KO: 18:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

And this too.

In this circumstance, common sense would dictate that 'running to try and get to the ball' is 'playing the ball'. He wasn't 'playing the man' or making a challenge in any sort of intentional way.

I would understand some people here if Luiz was much closer to the attacker. But he was far enough not to run into his back this time.

He didn't make anything else but ran, and the attacker hit his knee by bending his foot much backwards when shooting. And then he dived.

Still people go on and defend these fraud referees, and not back our players or the club.

It's baffling.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Kane hardly gets caught out with what he does but Luiz is a complete liability and he’s cost us many games like this.

GettyImages-1169965066.jpg

Video-Luiz-gives-away-penalty-for-Arsenal-vs-Watford.jpg

Video-Luiz-red-card-and-penalty-vs-Man-City.jpg

3500.jpg

The list goes on...
I don't think even Mustafi has directly cost us so many points

gamechannel

Honest question. Why is Gabriel not starting? He's our best defender in my opinion. I know he had Covid but he's been for a while now..

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Kane hardly gets caught out with what he does but Luiz is a complete liability and he’s cost us many games like this.

GettyImages-1169965066.jpg

Video-Luiz-gives-away-penalty-for-Arsenal-vs-Watford.jpg

Video-Luiz-red-card-and-penalty-vs-Man-City.jpg

3500.jpg

The list goes on...

That’s a short list. He’s helped us win more games through dogged and experienced defending than lose through such mistakes. I’ve seen Van Dijk do things like that and more.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It feels like whenever there's a decision where it could be 50/50 i.e it could be interpreted differently, it always goes against us. We're not given the benefit of the doubt. My mind goes to the Nkeitah red card last season. That was a 50/50, could be red, could be yellow, but we don't get the benefit of the doubt.
Never get it.

And VAR takes 2 seconds to review it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That’s a short list. He’s helped us win more games through dogged and experienced defending than lose through such mistakes. I’ve seen Van Dijk do things like that and more.

:lol:

Short list? He’s cost us many points with his brain farts and reckless play. We dominated the first half against Wolves but his moment of recklessness cost us 3 points. Has Van Dijk done that?

rockofcashel

Exactly. "Spirit of the law" is very important even in court. You can't read it like the devil.

This is why the rule was made.

Clattenburg is levels above these frauds we have.

Plus this:

"However, a law exists that protects teams from conceding a penalty and losing a player to a red card if a genuine attempt to play the ball is made."

He didn't try to make a foul, not nearly. The attacker hit him. He tried to play the ball.

Jesus lad.. there's no such thing as.. "the spirit if the law"

Did you look at the link to the Laws?

The PDF is over 200 pages long.. and thats the straight up letter of the law

You now expect referees to also abide by some unwritten "spirit of the laws" too?

That's the same utter bollockology your hear when a normally placid, law abiding player, goes through another lads knee, and people start arguing.. oh, he's not a dirty player, he never meant to take a lads knee cap off, so the red card is harsh..

Or the other beauty.. intent .. and malice

Some player rolling around on the floor minus a kneecap, and some gobsheen screaming, it was unlucky, there was "no malice in it"

He didn't "intend to hurt him"

So what.. I don't blow for a foul?

Do people expect refs to be mindreaders now too.. not only make a judgement about what we actually see happening, but another one about what a player supposedly is or isnt thinking as he jumps into tackles?

Take it from me.. I'm pissed off Arsenal lost tonight.. mega f***ing pissed off.. raging to be honest

But trying to blame it on a referee, simply running the game is a cop out. Arsenal lost because David Luiz is an idiot. No other reason.

You know, for all the Arsenal fans raging about the sending off, there would be just as many Wolves fans raging if he wasn't

Because fans are partisan.. they see games through the eyes of their own team only

I coached teams too.. screamed at referees for frees, penalties, fouls, throw ins, offsides.. everything.. real and imaginary.. anything to get an edge

But watching every game.. I never once shouted at a ref, to give my opponents a free kick or penalty, or a throw, or an offside.. never once

Despite seeing loads of times

Go into the middle of the pitch.. and you'll realise that

And you'll also realise, that refs in general couldn't care less who wins or loses.. I don't

Because both teams will praise and castigate you equally

Baguette

Le Manberg Français

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It feels like whenever there's a decision where it could be 50/50 i.e it could be interpreted differently, it always goes against us. We're not given the benefit of the doubt. My mind goes to the Nkeitah red card last season. That was a 50/50, could be red, could be yellow, but we don't get the benefit of the doubt.
And the exact same incident happened to us in the very next game and it didn't even go to var.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

“Many” cannot be more than 5. The referee cost us today, not him. And yes, Van Dijk has had such moments of recklessness. Similar incidents below.
7dc26bc7ee0a4bd78420f95591f3b7ef500x500@2x.jpg

:rofl:

15 points? That’s a lot for a CB that we signed two years ago.

Screen_Shot_2017_09_28_at_23.26.30.png

His track record is horrendous plus he always gets caught for it due to the reputation he gained for being clumsy at Chelsea.

Btw who was that Van Dijk challenge against? I’m guessing Liverpool still won that game.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
:rofl:

15 points? That’s a lot for a CB that we signed two years ago.

Screen_Shot_2017_09_28_at_23.26.30.png

His track record is horrendous.

Btw who was that Van Dijk challenge against? I’m guessing Liverpool still won that game.

We wouldn’t have won the fa cup without Luiz. He was heroic in our run. He’s been playing well recently too. Van Dijk challenge was against Pepe. Shows the standards referees have. Penalty if we do it, no penalty if they do it. There’s many moment of Van Dijk recklessness. You can cherry pick such moments for any defender in the world.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Really don't see the point in indulging in hatred of a player in an Arsenal shirt who has been incorrectly sent off by a referee and has cost us the game. Wrong target. Pointless distraction from the facts tonight.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Luiz has this in his when a player go ahead of him he pull the guy shirt get himself sent off but today he didn't try do any of this still get himself sent off:lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We wouldn’t have won the fa cup without Luiz. He was heroic in our run. He’s been playing well recently too. Van Dijk challenge was against Pepe. Shows the standards referees have. Penalty if we do it, no penalty if they do it.

Not sure about that tbh.

He played well, I’ll give him that but so did Emi Martinez, AMN, Auba, Holding, Bellerin etc. I still think we would have won if Luiz wasn’t in the team.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

You now expect referees to also abide by some unwritten "spirit of the laws" too?

That's the same utter bollockology your hear when a normally placid, law abiding player, goes through another lads knee, and people start arguing.. oh, he's not a dirty player, he never meant to take a lads knee cap off, so the red card is harsh..

Some player rolling around on the floor minus a kneecap, and some gobsheen screaming, it was unlucky, there was "no malice in it"

Do people expect refs to be mindreaders now too.. not only make a judgement about what we actually see happening, but another one about what a player supposedly is or isnt thinking as he jumps into tackles?

Take it from me.. I'm pissed off Arsenal lost tonight.. mega f***ing pissed off.. raging to be honest

But trying to blame it on a referee, simply running the game is a cop out. Arsenal lost because David Luiz is an idiot. No other reason.

You know, for all the Arsenal fans raging about the sending off, there would be just as many Wolves fans raging if he wasn't

Because fans are partisan.. they see games through the eyes of their own team only

I coached teams too.. screamed at referees for frees, penalties, fouls, throw ins, offsides.. everything.. real and imaginary.. anything to get an edge

But watching every game.. I never once shouted at a ref, to give my opponents a free kick or penalty, or a throw, or an offside.. never once

And you'll also realise, that refs in general couldn't care less who wins or loses.. I don't

You’re clearly not arguing this situation, you’re arguing a situation that you made up in your head. I know you’re trying to make a larger argument, but it’s so far off that it doesn’t have relation.

Judges have to understand the “spirit of the law” when making judgements even if the law is 20,000 pages long. 200 pages is nothing if it’s the only document you follow at work btw lol

in this case it’s not just the spirit, it’s the wording. And it’s this:

Screen-Shot-2021-02-02-at-19.31.58-08da.png

Luiz is so far away from him. It’s an absurd call. And it’s absurd for you to think he did something rash here. If this is a penalty, our players need to trail their legs and kick the opponent behind them more often.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Not sure about that tbh.

He played well, I’ll give him that but so did Emi Martinez, AMN, Auba, Holding, Bellerin etc. I still think we would have won if Luiz wasn’t in the team.

I don’t. Man of the match against Man City. We’d have lost without him, I’m 100% sure. His experience and leadership was vital in the final too. Knew how to handle Giroud. Remember when he nudged Giroud in the back who went down like he got shot? Luiz knows how to handle those players.

Melquiades

Come on, man. This is absolutely nothing like a nice player throwing a red card challenge. What a false equivalency.

Mark Clattenburg I'm pretty sure has more credibility on refereeing issues than you do.

Clattenburg named world's best referee (premierleague.com)

His comments are pretty bloody clear. Whatever vague wording the rule might have in the book, it's interpreted in a certain and specific way in practice by referees.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So, give me your argumentation against Mark Clattenburg's claims. That's what I pointed out for you.

And look at this photo, and the subsequent dive.

Screen-Shot-2021-02-02-at-19.31.58-08da.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom