• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arteta has already built an FA cup winning side tbf, no way we win the cup that season without Pablo Mari's electric performance at Fratton Park imo.

Do think it’s funny how people suddenly act like the FA Cup is the Champions League when five years ago it was a nothing competition apparently.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I always loved it, but I agree with you...it was just another way to knock Arsène back then from the press/pundits/etc.
I got onboard with Arteta cause of it but I am glad you are honest and said this.

It's been twisted to suit whatever the current narrative is unfortunately. Still a special achievement, especially when you remember the first half of last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

af0c7913c9df5b1489727252e78af79d

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sad situation for Roy but I couldn't help but think of @Makingtrax when I saw this:

He’s done a lot for that club which I think is unappreciated.

Got them comfortably safe every year he’s been there on a relative shoestring which let Parish upgrade their academy to Cat 1 status.

They’ll need investment or I reckon they’re in trouble next year. Oldest squad in the league and half of them have contracts running out in the summer.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They’ll need investment or I reckon they’re in trouble next year. Oldest squad in the league and half of them have contracts running out in the summer.
It seems negative on the surface but that could be a decent way for them reset their squad. Other than PVA, Mitchell and maybe Townsend all of their players are non-contributors in their late 20's or 30's.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It seems negative on the surface but that could be a decent way for them reset their squad. Other than PVA, Mitchell and maybe Townsend all of their players are non-contributors in their late 20's or 30's.

Its mental to me that Mitchell could potentially walk after a break out season. Such poor contract management.

We’d have to pay them compensation but that’d be top business for us.

Reactions: A_G

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I just don't see Henry ever having a great managerial career. Think he should stick to a coaching role, as that seems to be where he can be most affective. Just my opinion though.
From what I have seen I agree. He seems to not understand why players aren't world class.

He's still young like Mikel though, can change.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
From what I have seen I agree. He seems to not understand why players aren't world class.

He has a similar coaching path and set of criticisms (like what you mentioned) as Jason Kidd in the NBA. And now Kidd is an assistant coach.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Yeah, but maybe it would be good to actually stay somewhere for a while and at least do solid work for a sustained while. Not use every opportunity to try and jump a little higher when you're clearly not ready to make the jump yet.

Incidentally Jesse Marsch also coached Montreal and was doing rather meh, but took a step back to being an assistant again before joining the RB franchise where he stayed for 3.5 years at New York. Then even took another step back to become Rangnick's assistant at Leipzig being groomed for the European part of the RB franchise. Meanwhile he's won an Austrian double, plays EL with Salzburg and is linked to CL clubs or clubs contending for CL spots like Leipzig, Gladbach, Dortmund.

Henry felt he was too good to be a youth coach for Arsenal, spent two years in the joke job of an NT assistant, crashed and burned at Monaco and now after not even 30 games is again linked to European job. Will never understad how guys without credentials who have neither shown the will to buckle down and prove themselves or shown sustained good work get jobs in tier 1 and 2 leagues.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom