• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah, but maybe it would be good to actually stay somewhere for a while and at least do solid work for a sustained while. Not use every opportunity to try and jump a little higher when you're clearly not ready to make the jump yet.
The irony of Arteta harping on about Saliba missing important steps in development.

A lot of young coaches with a name are guilty of this.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Know nothing about the guy, but it's fascinating how Red Bull don't just groom their playing talent but also their managing talent. Gerhard Struber, current coach of New York, coached in the Austrian RB academy, then went on to coach and DoF for Liefering, an RB farm team in Austria, had two little adventures outside the franchise and is now back in at RB New York.

Jesse Marsch is a good example with RB New York, Rangnick assistant, RB Salzburg.

Frankfurt manager Adi Hütter is another one who came through coaching in the RB academy and ended up managing Salzburg.

Wolfsburg manager Oliver Glasner another one who started out with RB and Liefering. Current Hoffenheim coach Sebastian Hoeneß was quickly taken into the Leipzig academy setup after starting out.

Not the best example of their style, but Niko Kovac is another manager groomed in the RB franchise. After a short spell as Mainz assistant and a lower league club in Leipzig, Marco Rose also joined them and was groomed in their academy.

With Jaissle and Ingolitsch - whom I honestly know nothing about or where their careers will go - RB currently have two other examples of young managers being groomed through their various academy and farm teams.

And while they may not have started out at RB clubs or have been groomed by them, there's an astonishing number of current top flight managers who've at least worked in the RB franchise: Roger Schmidt, Peter Zeidler, Bo Svensson, Ralph Hasenhüttl, Julian Nagelsman - and I'm sure I'm missing some here.

They're not just acquiring and grooming young players all over the place, but also coaches who fit their philosophy.

And you know who's behind this impressive architecture? Ralf Rangnick.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sad situation for Roy but I couldn't help but think of @Makingtrax when I saw this:
The club has invested the 14th most in the squad and they are currently 14th. Don’t know what the fans are expecting. Overperformance? Fair enough, not that foolish.

Imagine fans of a club spending 5th who call their manager who came 2nd ‘past it’. Now they really are clowns.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The club has invested the 14th most in the squad and they are currently 14th. Don’t what the fans are expecting. Overperformance? Fair enough, not that foolish.

Imagine fans of a club spending 5th who call their manager who came 2nd ‘past it’. Now they really are clowns.

Parish is trying to expand Selhurst Park as well and has planning permission I think.

He’s fighting with the Sainsbury’s next door over the car park or something because that’s where the new stand would be.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Henry have to get this job right after the Monaco any fail it'll be struggle for him to get new management job also he does need to ease pressure on his players on pitch every video i watch him in toach line he don't stop telling his play where to go what to do how to move

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think it’s a very poor move for both imo. He needs to hit the ground running because the whole point of sacking Tindall was that they’d fallen behind the automatic promotion group.

If they don’t go up this year and I don’t think they will he’s got one year to get up before the parachute payments run out with not a lot of money to spend anyway because the owner’s maxed out.

Has a really strong squad by Championship standards so the pressure is well and truly on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

bro we are back!! Actually really happy about this, really hope he succeeds there, he's still young as a manager, too early to write him off. He probably needs this spell to be successful though..

Not sure what Bournemouth are like these days, are they expecting to get back in pl?

Yeah they’re in the playoff spots right now but that wasn’t really good enough for the owners.

He has to get them back in the PL and fast with little money. I wouldn’t have taken it if I was him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Really hope Thierry is successful if he gets the Bournemouth job and goes abroad again after them as I wouldn't like to see him managing a Premier League club against us :lol:.

Almost wouldn't want to see the likes of him or Vieira ever managing us in case they failed which would be hard to take.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Henry is still not sure thing it between Wagner and Henry i think Henry better stay at Montreal impact got more stability there

They should go Wagner. He did well at Huddersfield considering they had barely any money and as @Toby Andrl says Schalke had problems beyond him.

If I was Thierry I’d take a look at the Bristol City job if he really wants to come to England. Decent squad with an ambitious owner but not the massive rush like Bournemouth to get back to the PL.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Not sure what Bournemouth are like these days, are they expecting to get back in pl?
They were 2nd in December, but they’ve had one win in 8 games since and sacked the manager. Still right in the playoff race so hopefully Titi can turn things around.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Henry strikes me as one of those players that everything came so naturally to that even he doesn't really understand why he did what he did on the pitch.

I remember a story about Henry going mental at training at Monaco because the players weren't doing something that he felt should have been a natural impulse and he was frustrated at having to explain and work through these things with players.

I love him but I just can't see him being a top coach in 5-10 years time. I think he'll get frustrated and pack it up and transition back to TV work.

I hope he proves me wrong at Bournemouth though. Odd move for both him and Bournemouth I feel.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Henry strikes me as one of those players that everything came so naturally to that even he doesn't really understand why he did what he did on the pitch.

I remember a story about Henry going mental at training at Monaco because the players weren't doing something that he felt should have been a natural impulse and he was frustrated at having to explain and work through these things with players.

I love him but I just can't see him being a top coach in 5-10 years time. I think he'll get frustrated and pack it up and transition back to TV work.

I hope he proves me wrong at Bournemouth though. Odd move for both him and Bournemouth I feel.
Posted something similar and deleted, but yeah my feelings exactly. Don’t see it working out think and I think he was fine where he was.

This move was too soon.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Posted something similar and deleted, but yeah my feelings exactly. Don’t see it working out think and I think he was fine where he was.

This move was too soon.

Think a lot of people may underestimate starting out coaching youth for a good while. Imo you learn a lot about coaching, man management, motivation, how you get stuff across and how you can't expect someone to do perfect and be all natural - goes especially for kids but also for grown ups. Kids need coaching and you can't just only scream at them. Sadly there's always mobbing, group dynamics, parents you have to deal with etc. There's a lot in there to learn guys like Henry seem to miss in their management.

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
af0c7913c9df5b1489727252e78af79d
Scotty P is very good-looking, already see HairRonaldoGooner twerking for him and calling him the next football Jesus.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom