• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So hypothetically if we lose to Benfica and then to Leicester you'd say we'd reach crisis point again, even with no fans in the stadium the heat would be on. Would they really keep with Arteta if we finish 10th with no European football?

Which managers are actually available? (excluding Allegri, for the sake of argument)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So hypothetically if we lose to Benfica and then to Leicester you'd say we'd reach crisis point again, even with no fans in the stadium the heat would be on. Would they really keep with Arteta if we finish 10th with no European football?

Which managers are actually available? (excluding Allegri, for the sake of argument)

This is it. Who elevates us that is attainable?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is it. Who elevates us that is attainable?

I don’t think they’d fire him because there’s no outstanding candidate.

They’d probably let him stay on as a zombie manager until the summer because there’s not much to gain in binning him after you’ve got nothing to play for.

Would be a lot more choices then than there are now as well. If you wanted to get Rodgers or Zidane you’ve got no chance now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Rafa Benitez is available.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Think he's gone without European money for next season, I am not falling for the Athletic PR pieces about the LoNg-TeRm PrOjEcT aRtEtA, Wenger and Emery were sacked for much less.
Free agents rn: Rangnick, Favre, Sarri, Jardim, Benitez, Valverde

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

5616.jpg

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rafa is quite good, but the options right now aside from him aren't great.

If we crashed out of the EL, and the board decided that maybe we should part ways (which they won't lol) we probably would let Arteta have it till the end of the season.

Reactions: A_G

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Anyone more familiar with Galtier at Lille than I am? Probably far too out the box for us with the position we are in at the moment but someone who seems to have done a great job at Lille since he took over. I say this as someone who hasn't seen a great deal of them either.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

They’d probably let him stay on as a zombie manager until the summer because there’s not much to gain in binning him after you’ve got nothing to play for.

Would be a lot more choices then than there are now as well. If you wanted to get Rodgers or Zidane you’ve got no chance now.

If I'm Rodgers I'm not coming here. Zidane is he even a good manager? I know he did 3peat CL

I agree with what you're saying though but who actually is there?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

As a counter I'd say that it'd be a good thing to bring a new guy in right now. Cause what happened with both Emery and Arteta was from the 1st game they had to win. Arteta more so. Emery fluked a good run after losing the 1st two but straight away put himself under pressure after that. I'd like the new guy to come in and play out the season with zero expectations. See what he really needs and then plan for the transfer window.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers would be the dream tbf but you’d have to question him if he makes the move to us as it’s a step down.

Favre started off so well at BVB, I’m curious to know why did things end so badly over there?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As a counter I'd say that it'd be a good thing to bring a new guy in right now. Cause what happened with both Emery and Arteta was from the 1st game they had to win. Arteta more so. Emery fluked a good run after losing the 1st two but straight away put himself under pressure after that. I'd like the new guy to come in and play out the season with zero expectations. See what he really needs and then plan for the transfer window.

Yeah ideally I’d like that to but it depends who’s available. If you want someone who’s going into the crunch end of the season with their current club they might not leave mid season.

If I'm Rodgers I'm not coming here. Zidane is he even a good manager? I know he did 3peat CL

I agree with what you're saying though but who actually is there?

Hard to tell with Brendan. Even though Leicester have recruited well and run a smooth operation you wonder what’s the ceiling?

They could face trouble if Vardy declines soon like he’s surely going to eventually and if they’re not selling players for big money will they realistically be able to hang with the top four consistently?

Brendan is a bit of a snake and an expert at seeing when it’s time to jump ship. Ditched Swansea and Celtic at the perfect times and he might consider now’s the time to go to a club with more spending power.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

When you see how quickly teams can become good, it's hard to argue that the right manager couldn't get us top 4 next season. We've got some seriously good players amongst the rubbish

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Sick of the ****ing Armani jackets, bring in a man rocking real jackets with proper heritage and sauce.

Ralf-Rangnick-moncler.jpg

Moncler are for drug dealers kids these days

I want a manger that dresses in tailored sh*t only

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom