• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What has Ole done?
Keeping United second in the league. His team has 15 points and 15 goals more than Artetas team. I do think United has overall stronger team. But they don’t have 15 points more in 25 games stronger team.

Legend14

Established Member
Many teams score loads of goals against Leeds. You’re using one-off results as a barometer to measure Arteta’s quality as a manager.

How about looking at the style of football, the poor management of players, the poor subs, the negative tactics and being 9th in the league after playing over half a season.

Arsenal fans wanted Emery out but not Arteta - what’s the difference?
One has potential? One is assigned to building back the franchise?

Fair criticism of Arteta, but who cares about Emery right now. He has already been evaluated. He had his chance. We need to stop the A/B manager comparisons, they mean nothing.

Legend14

Established Member
I know it sounds bizarre, but we could genuinely get upwards of 100 million for him. If we invest that properly, we could easily improve
Very progressive thinking, but highly risky. We have the bird in hand. Lets just keep it and catch another.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
What has Ole done?
Brought through Henderson and Greenwood and is promoting youth, got rid of the deadwood like Young, Fellaini, Sanchez etc, instilled a winning mentality throughout the squad again, targeted signings with the right mentality who will sweat blood for the club, highest goal scorers in the league, currently second in the league, qualified for the CL last season...

And many Utd fans, myself included - still don’t think Ole is the right manager for us because we have very high standards. An FA Cup win isn’t progression. We won the League Cup and Europa League a few years back but it proves nothing. Actual progress is measured by your league position.

As for Arteta, he wears expensive coats and used to put the cones out for Pep.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arsenal fans wanted Emery out but not Arteta - what’s the difference?

Are you the United fan I responded to a while back who was espousing similar sentiments?

I honestly struggle to fathom it when anyone who follows Arsenal comes out with this line, lol.

It's truly facepalm stuff. If you can't see the difference between Emery and Arteta being an Arsenal fan I really feel for you.

Legend14

Established Member
Brought through Henderson and Greenwood and is promoting youth, got rid of the deadwood like Young, Fellaini, Sanchez etc, instilled a winning mentality throughout the squad again, targeted signings with the right mentality who will sweat blood for the club, highest goal scorers in the league, currently second in the league, qualified for the CL last season...

And many Utd fans, myself included - still don’t think Ole is the right manager for us because we have very high standards. An FA Cup win isn’t progression. We won the League Cup and Europa League a few years back but it proves nothing. Actual progress is measured by your league position.

How has United faired against Arteta and his expensive coats?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Are you the United fan I responded to a while back who was espousing similar sentiments?

I honestly struggle to fathom it when anyone who follows Arsenal comes out with this line, lol.

It's truly facepalm stuff. If you can't see the difference between Emery and Arteta being an Arsenal fan I really feel for you.
Why is Arteta a better manager than Emery? Genuine question - please reply with stats and facts to back up your argument.

Melquiades

I know it sounds bizarre, but we could genuinely get upwards of 100 million for him. If we invest that properly, we could easily improve

It's an interesting idea but I wouldn't like what it said about the team and the risk of it blowing up in our faces would be massive.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How has he brought Henderson through? He is a backup keeper who was already out on loan to a championship club and England U20 and 21 keeper. All he did was replace him with Romero. But the whole argument is stupid neither deserved their jobs and neither are good enough

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You can't really compare Arteta to most, he hasn't even managed a team for one full season yet!

Was great for him to win the FA Cup so earlier, but it's hard to say what level he is...need to see how he does here/at other teams for a significant period, before comparing him to managers who have been in the game for years and years.

Last edited:

benjamin86

Established Member
Why is Arteta a better manager than Emery? Genuine question - please reply with stats and facts to back up your argument.
Because the players believe in him. I still like Emery a lot but it seems he's incredibly detail orientated and some players don't like it. (also i think he had to deal with player power similar to Moyes at MUFC)

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It's an interesting idea but I wouldn't like what it said about the team and the risk of it blowing up in our faces would be massive.
True, it could give away the fact we're no longer a top club. But really I think two to three good players would net more points than Saka alone does, who you can double up on

GDeep™

League is very weak
You were backing him for another season yesterday. Is that still the case, is the consistency through you blaming more things other than Arteta?
Can’t figure out what you mean by the latter part of your post.

Still backing him for next season though as I don’t think you can keep changing managers every 12 months. Two summers, and one full season behind him, is a very solid base going into next season where we can then say he’s had reasonable time and support and now lives or dies on his results - like Lampard.

Right now I believe he’s not had enough time or support from the club. When you hire a young manager you know there will be growing pains.

All that said, you can still critique him and raise questions, I find it weird that some are giving him a pass or are making bold claims that simply aren’t supported by results, performances, league position etc. His team selections, squad rotations, substitutions etc are very questionable for example.

He should be doing much better, a repeat of this next season, in front of the Emirates crowd will 100% lead to a sack.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can’t figure out what you mean by the latter part of your post.

Still backing him for next season though as I don’t think you can keep changing managers every 12 months. Two summers, and one full season behind him, is a very solid base going into next season where we can then say he’s had reasonable time and support and now lives or dies on his results - like Lampard.

Right now I believe he’s not had enough time or support from the club. When you hire a young manager you know there will be growing pains.

All that said, you can still critique him and raise questions, I find it weird that some are giving him a pass or are making bold claims that simply aren’t supported by results, performances, league position etc. His team selections, squad rotations, substitutions etc are very questionable for example.

He should be doing much better, a repeat of this next season, in front of the Emirates crowd will 100% lead to a sack.
This is essentially me in a round about way.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta is much better than Ole. Not for debate. Ole is being carried by his players and a squad which is maybe the 2nd or 3rd best in the league. Ole had been managing for 15 years and achieved very little outside Norway other than relegations.

Arteta has been manager for 1 year, come into a very tough job, won a trophy, implemented a clear style of play etc.

Ole is a clown compared to Arteta.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom