• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I actually don’t hate him and try my best to give credit where it’s due.

The excuses he’s afforded and the finger pointing to cover up the fact that he’s a novice manager drives me absolutely insane though.

If only we had backed Wenger or Emery like this. Why didn’t we pay off rotten apples when they destabilised the dressing room or plead patience then I wonder?

Watching our worst season ever unfold infront of my eyes we thoroughly deserve this anyways, that’s just how I view it now.

Exactly this.

Some people were confused as to why I was frustrated about losing 1-0 to a fantastic Man City team but like I said, it wasn’t even the result that I was frustrated about it was more to do with the excuses and shifting of the goalposts.

There seems to be a section of our fans on here that have blind loyalty towards Arteta even though he’s done nothing to deserve it. He wasn’t even a legend at the club.

If one man deserved all the time and excuses to turn things around it was Arsène Wenger.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

His termination is long overdue & should Benfica triumph in Athens he & his equally "gifted" staff should be swiftly ushered out of the club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why? List our main starters and tell me who can do better with their natural ability? Because Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka, Elneny and Ceballos will always be limited. You won't find a manager in world football that can make them any better than they're playing right now. Fact.
Liverpool fans thought so too with Henderson

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this.

Some people were confused as to why I was frustrated about losing 1-0 to a fantastic Man City team but like I said, it wasn’t even the result that I was frustrated about it was more to do with the excuses and shifting of the goalposts.

There seems to be a section of our fans on here that have blind loyalty towards Arteta even though he’s done nothing to deserve it. He wasn’t even a legend at the club.

If one man deserved all the time and excuses to turn things around it was Arsène Wenger.

My main problem with Arteta is that he doesnt learn from his mistakes. It could simply be the case that he is a number 2 and will never be a number 1.

His personality even before he became the manager was spoken of in a way that he had conflicts and butted heads with a lot of players. Why is it overlooked that he has fallen out with and simply discarded players on a regular basis since becoming manager.

Guendouzi
Torreira
Özil
Sokratis
AMN
Saliba
Pepe
Torreira
Nelson

9 players who either were marginalised, used and discarded or fallen out with.

I don't doubt his ability to coach, he may very well be a good coach, he shows some positive aspects sometimes. However, he doesnt seem like he is ready for a job as big as Arsenal, to be the manager as it were.

There is more to managing than picking the best team for the next game. You have to look 5 games ahead. You need to know your players. You need to know who needs rest, what players are confidence players, which players need a while to get going, who hits the ground running. It seems to be all about Arteta and he seems a but of an ego maniac.

If he cant control himself in a press conference and literally says things like ' he let the team down', then what kind of messaging does he transmit to the players?

Will he ever make a sub to actually effect the game? Will it always be like for like. Why is there never any change in game? Saka and Pepe didn't switch once vs Man City.

The favouritism bothers me, we all can see it, but what about the welfare of the players.

He has spoken about needing fresh legs for Thursday? He has physically run Saka into the ground. Laca is now rusty, we all know the players who need rhythm. Pepe and Laca need a run of games to get firing. Tierney also. We may not have a good enough squad to be top 4. However, we would have had a squad that could challenge for 5th to 6th if he didn't fall out will all of them, and we definitely have a squad that is good enough to rotate.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Mancity have been without Aguero and KDB. Yet they're still firing. Injuries happen and all squads deal with them. Tirrney was available and playing during our lengthy losing streak. And if we are gonna say that partey was the only player who could have separated our squad from the likes Southampton, Burnley, Wolves, Aston Villa etc, then Arteta really is a fraud. Just like I don't agree with Liverpool fans justifying their woes on VVD's injury. They're still good enough to do better than how they've been playing. Just like I hold Arteta accountable for our woes, I hold Klopp accountable for their struggles.

Managers get way too much praise for wins like Arteta got majority of the credit for the fluke FA cup run last year. It's only fair he is the one who gets the brunt of the blame for our struggles.

It all comes down to the manager. Period.
Ah here now.

You're not seriously saying that if city can cope with two injuries we should too?

Have you seen city's squad.

Its ridiculous.

Not a fair comparison.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I know it sounds bizarre, but we could genuinely get upwards of 100 million for him. If we invest that properly, we could easily improve
We could buy a pepe and another saliba that wont play for years. Have we ever replaced our selling players?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

You're losing all credibility for me. :lol: You're just making stuff up and inserting the word patience every few sentences. Where's your metrics or evidence that we're anything other than a mid table side that can only lose by the odd goal, but can't score.

All this stuff about it's OK to lose European money, or Arteta would have been great at Chelsea is just horse sh!t.

Arteta wouldn't have seen December, let alone the new year, at Stamford Bridge because Chelsea, much as it pains me to say it, are operating in their capacity as a proper football club.

That is something which Arsenal can hardly be recognized as anymore.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Quite easy to say when your managerial career is barely older than a decade & your trophy haul is , not only as illustrious as men who've been on the bench for twice as long, but also eclipses most of your peers :lol:

Last edited:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know it sounds bizarre, but we could genuinely get upwards of 100 million for him. If we invest that properly, we could easily improve

Selling him now when his value will only rise would be a poor choice. I’d rather have a fire sale on half the team and rely on the Academy than sell Saka.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The last strand of hope that Arteta gives is that we’ve shown improvements in the attacking phase recently, although I’m not entirely sure that’s due to him.

Polar Bear

My main problem with Arteta is that he doesnt learn from his mistakes. It could simply be the case that he is a number 2 and will never be a number 1.

His personality even before he became the manager was spoken of in a way that he had conflicts and butted heads with a lot of players. Why is it overlooked that he has fallen out with and simply discarded players on a regular basis since becoming manager.

Guendouzi
Torreira
Özil
Sokratis
AMN
Saliba
Pepe
Torreira
Nelson

9 players who either were marginalised, used and discarded or fallen out with.

I don't doubt his ability to coach, he may very well be a good coach, he shows some positive aspects sometimes. However, he doesnt seem like he is ready for a job as big as Arsenal, to be the manager as it were.

There is more to managing than picking the best team for the next game. You have to look 5 games ahead. You need to know your players. You need to know who needs rest, what players are confidence players, which players need a while to get going, who hits the ground running. It seems to be all about Arteta and he seems a but of an ego maniac.

If he cant control himself in a press conference and literally says things like ' he let the team down', then what kind of messaging does he transmit to the players?

Will he ever make a sub to actually effect the game? Will it always be like for like. Why is there never any change in game? Saka and Pepe didn't switch once vs Man City.

The favouritism bothers me, we all can see it, but what about the welfare of the players.

He has spoken about needing fresh legs for Thursday? He has physically run Saka into the ground. Laca is now rusty, we all know the players who need rhythm. Pepe and Laca need a run of games to get firing. Tierney also. We may not have a good enough squad to be top 4. However, we would have had a squad that could challenge for 5th to 6th if he didn't fall out will all of them, and we definitely have a squad that is good enough to rotate.
Very good post and I totally agree, I basically was going to post the exact same issues/problems I have with Arteta.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

39-A6-CBAB-6-E2-C-44-A1-A0-F3-81295-B71-A1-D2.jpg

This your handiwork I’ve seen floating about on Twitter this morning @Macho ? :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Notice most of the Arteta supporters on here were vehement ‘Wenger Outers’ in 2015/16 like the AFTV clowns, Arseblog and all the other media outlets. That tells its own story.How are the two seasons shaping up in comparison.

2015/16
Position 2nd
1 place behind Leicester
Clean sheets 1st
Expected goals 1st
Goals for 3rd
Goal difference 4th
Expected goals against 1st
Champions League last 16
3 previous years spending £137m, 7th in the league

2020/21
Position 10th
7 places behind Leicester
Clean sheets 7th
Expected goals 11th
Goals for 10th
Goal Difference 9th
Expected goals against 3rd
Champions League not qualified
3 previous years spending £219m 4th in the league

These same posters told us 2015/16 was sackable, instead of a well run club performing above its spend. The old manager was in decline so let’s remove him.

And now they’re telling us that 2020/21 have the green shoots of recovery after those terrible Wenger years, despite mistake after mistake. :lol: :lol:

Not one single metric is better, or even on a par and the club has invested a lot more.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arteta might do well in Italy or a team that wants to be coached without the ball. He has broken our attack. Our players can't even pass.

Why is he shouting all the time on the sidelines? Isn't that for the training ground.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I actually don’t hate him and try my best to give credit where it’s due.

The excuses he’s afforded and the finger pointing to cover up the fact that he’s a novice manager drives me absolutely insane though.

If only we had backed Wenger or Emery like this. Why didn’t we pay off rotten apples when they destabilised the dressing room or plead patience then I wonder?

Watching our worst season ever unfold infront of my eyes we thoroughly deserve this anyways, that’s just how I view it now.

The point of him being a novice manager, is why is he getting time though...If you hire someone like that you need to give him time, otherwise what's the point...we don't have Chelsea's money, so that situation is different...I imagine the cup win last season, bought him a season, the board will expect better next year.

Doubt anyone turned on Wenger, tbh...in 2017/2018 we just had the 5th/6th best team in the league, so that' where we finished...Arsène was always good at finishing in the league, where his squad quality should be finishing...can't imagine any of those players in that team turning on him...Kos, Nacho, Ramsey, Wilshere, Giroud, Özil all loved him, there was just better teams than us.

They turned on Unai first chance they got though really :lol:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The point of him being a novice manager, is why is he getting time though...

They turned on Unai first chance they got though really :lol:
Where I struggle with this is:

Why isit Arteta needs a f*ck ton of money and the best team in the league?

and yeah Unai crashed and burned horrendously with all the same roadblocks. The reaction to both is day and night however, internally and externally.

I just don't get it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Anyway, Arteta aside, this is going to be the most important summer.

What I think we should do is sell Saka if there are takers, but it make it so expensive that we can get 2-3 good players in.

Get the price right, otherwise you're toast.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where I struggle with this is:

Why isit Arteta needs a f*ck ton of money and the best team in the league?

and yeah Unai crashed and burned horrendously with all the same roadblocks. The reaction to both is day and night however, internally and externally.

I just don't get it.

He seems to get on with the players behind the scenes, that will always put him in a good place...Unai was treated pretty poorly, but I still feel the way Arsène's time ended here will take a long while to get over, as it really split the fanbase.

Don't really know why the press seem to love him so much, though that's causing him more problems with the fanbase, tbh...I am pretty sure he has to do better next year, or we will look for a more experienced manager rather quickly...you just got to hold on to then.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom