• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Yep, like others I’ve noticed this too and it’s really worrying me.

Take me back to the good old days where the players thought our manager was a clown 🙏🏻

AM before: The players are making fun of the manager. We need some to establish authority at our club. We are such a joke.

AM now: This is laughable. We need players who disagree with the manager and go up against him. We are such a joke.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

AM before: The players are making fun of the manager. We need some to establish authority at our club. We are such a joke.

AM now: This is laughable. We need players who disagree with the manager and go up against him. We are such a joke.
Good luck in your interview mate, remember it’s their not there or they’re when asking how their dogs are doing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yep, like others I’ve noticed this too and it’s really worrying me.

Take me back to the good old days where the players thought our manager was a clown 🙏🏻
Or better still, the days when the manager was respected and secure enough in himself to allow his players to voice an opinion and make a decision. "Wenger has no tactical nous and just tells the players to do what they want" so many of his detractors yelled. Mmm, we're so much better now and the table is surely lying...

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
10th in the league but we only lost 1-0 to City.

giphy.webp

How many league defeats so far?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

We need players with respect and character and a manager who is comfortable and assured in his role.

say yes

forum master baiter
Prerequisites for our next manager:
1. Players must not respect him
2. Must say in all interviews that he is happy with 10th place
3. Must not rotate any players
4. Must not run any players into the ground

Scott Parker: Welcome to Arsenal 2021/2022 :shivering:

Good luck in your interview mate, remember it’s their not there or they’re when asking how their dogs are doing.

Thanks mate!

I've been struggling the whole weekend with the "Tell us about yourself" question. The only thing I have is my elite drug knowledge, AM post & likes count, and puffin hunting skills. Worrying times.

Also, my oral English is horse ****. I'm struggling with simple tongue breakers like

applicable
appreciably

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It amazes me how many fans can't see that Arteta was appointed under different circumstances to most other managers. If the club wanted a quick fix manager they wouldn't have appointed Arteta.

You can scream about us being 10th till you're blue in face. You appoint a rookie manager based on where you think he'll have you in 3-4 years. It's also pretty obvious that Arteta was brought in to sort the dressing room out and wind a few necks in.

The people behind the scenes obviously still have faith in Arteta to get the club to where they want to be longish term, time will tell if their faith is misplaced or not. This season he's going to get a pass from the higher ups, that's just the way it is. If we're in a similar position next season, then yeah, Arteta's most likely gone.

say yes

forum master baiter
Prerequisites for our next manager:
1. Players must not respect him
2. Must say in all interviews that he is happy with 10th place
3. Must not rotate any players
4. Must not run any players into the ground

Scott Parker: Welcome to Arsenal 2021/2022 :shivering:
5. Must not insinuate that the team may be improved (whether literally, metaphorically, by way of metonymy, or through the use of a psychic medium) in case it leads to an immediate improvement in performance.

Iceman10

Established Member
It amazes me how many fans can't see that Arteta was appointed under different circumstances to most other managers. If the club wanted a quick fix manager they wouldn't have appointed Arteta.

You can scream about us being 10th till you're blue in face. You appoint a rookie manager based on where you think he'll have you in 3-4 years. It's also pretty obvious that Arteta was brought in to sort the dressing room out and wind a few necks in.

The people behind the scenes obviously still have faith in Arteta to get the club to where they want to be longish term, time will tell if their faith is misplaced or not. This season he's going to get a pass from the higher ups, that's just the way it is. If we're in a similar position next season, then yeah, Arteta's most likely gone.

The table position this season is not irrelevant btw, it is used to gauge how good he is with extracting the most from what he has at his disposal at any time. He has underachieved and the only hope is he is learning as he goes along, but when he picks Willian ahead of Pepe against Burnley I am not so sure on that still. This thread has become a dead end somewhat though in that comparisons with Wenger instead of Emery look agenda-driven in the way they ignore Emery and the actual starting point when Arteta came in. I’m not talking about Makingtrax here, his fixation on Wenger is just his thing about protecting Wenger’s legacy.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom