• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One thing I haven’t quite worked out with @Makingtrax yet is will he almost by default be posting on the negative side of any future manager because of his need to size them up with Arsène Wenger, in his mind to protect Wenger’s legacy, even though I think that is all unnecessary. This has been done to death though, questioning if support is primarily for an individual or the club, and so on.
I think you'll find if you go back I was one of the last to defend Unai. Ask my buddy @yorch44 he was starting to give me a hard time. :lol: You see I thought 5th was OK, and wait for it . . . I thought I'd wait to see if he got back on track last year. But defending mid table stuff is mental for a team spending 5th. Ask Chelsea how they're doing now they have a good manager.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Maybe I'm biased but it does seem like there's more anger aimed at the Arteta supporters for whatever reason than vice verse, generally.

I guess it's funny, not like any of us Arteta supporter's opinions have any impact on whether he keeps his job or not. Yet you can tell some posters get legitimately angry about it though :lol:
I suggest you go back and look at the only poster calling other people psychopaths, village idiots and ******.

You seem to have a knack of getting everything arse about face:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You’ll be rating Xhaka next.
Aljo.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
One thing I haven’t quite worked out with @Makingtrax yet is will he almost by default be posting on the negative side of any future manager because of his need to size them up with Arsène Wenger, in his mind to protect Wenger’s legacy, even though I think that is all unnecessary. This has been done to death though, questioning if support is primarily for an individual or the club, and so on.
Of course he will. Wenger is all he cares about. He's been on this forum for 5 years now and I don't think I can recall him posting something which didn't relate to Wenger.

If our manager does well, he'll make clear that Wenger always did better (which is why he's so agitated by the suggestion that the league is getting harder). If our manager does badly, it only goes to show how well Wenger did. It's annoying and incredibly petty, particularly as he doesn't actually read anyone's posts when replying, but that's Trax.

Last edited:

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I'll be honest, I'm all typed out about Mikel - he's staying regardless of what he does Hairspray was right in the end.

He's not judged like normal managers because he hasn't managed before and the loud influential voices (AFTV, Arseblog, Athletic) are all on side and think this is a good process. Not to mention guys that aren't even playing have "trust the process" on their boots, Arsenal belongs to Mikel for now.

Those world class players people think are coming in to save you lot's manager I just don't see happening, but we will just have to watch it pan out.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I suggest you go back and look at the only poster calling other people psychopaths, village idiots and ******.

You seem to have a knack of getting everything arse about face:lol:

Well I haven't read every single post on here. It was just my general take.

For what it's worth, even though we disagree on some stuff I've found you to be one of the more polite people on here.

Iceman10

Established Member
I think you'll find if you go back I was one of the last to defend Unai. Ask my buddy @yorch44 he was starting to give me a hard time. :lol: You see I thought 5th was OK, and wait for it . . . I thought I'd wait to see if he got back on track last year. But defending mid table stuff is mental for a team spending 5th. Ask Chelsea how they're doing now they have a good manager.

Did you mean you were among the last to give up on Unai? OK.

If the point is purely about Wenger and Top 4, that is all ok, I get the “table doesn’t lie” for the season as a whole, but I also get how some will feel they are up against a sort of brick wall when they are acknowledging underperformance this season while also saying the performance since December, with 4231, has been better, and is being taken as some sort of indication of an upwards trend that will bear fruit down the line, rightly or wrongly as an argument as a whole.

I should also add when you bring up squad cost, I personally think that is an unfair angle as many mistake buys were pre-Arteta, but similarly that would end up unfairly on Unai also as the buys for Summer 2019 were by Sanllehi, not him. I hope you see this as an example for how flawed that all is.

Well I haven't read every single post on here. It was just my general take.

For what it's worth, even though we disagree on some stuff I've found you to be one of the more polite people on here.

You're right. I have been asked 3 times if I'm sexually abusing animals because I don't think we will sack Arteta because I don't think we can afford it and that maybe things can improve if a manager is given time.

I respect every opinion bar Making 'Its players fault not Wengers, its Arteta fault not the players' trax. Rubbed into everyone's face that he was first to claim Arteta but then turned on him even if it's only his first season with us but still have won us a trophy.

He read some articles about variation principle and perturbation method and claimed to have done his PhD thesis about something in quantum chemistry but didn't even know what coupled-cluster was when I was talking about it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Did you mean you were among the last to give up on Unai? OK.

If the point is purely about Wenger and Top 4, that is all ok, I get the “table doesn’t lie” for the season as a whole, but I also get how some will feel they are up against a sort of brick wall when they are acknowledging underperformance this season while also saying the performance since December, with 4231, has been better, and is being taken as some sort of indication of an upwards trend that will bear fruit down the line, rightly or wrongly as an argument as a whole.

I should also add when you bring up squad cost, I personally think that is an unfair angle as many mistake buys were pre-Arteta, but similarly that would end up unfairly on Unai also as the buys for Summer 2019 were by Sanllehi, not him. I hope you see this as an example for how flawed that all is.
If a club has invested 5th, it's my view that's how they should be judged. If tactics are wrong, transfers are poor, man management mistakes etc they might end up 10th instead of 5th.

Arteta's results have been up and down since he came. End of last season we were bossing it, then we slumped to relegation levels, then we picked up again. Until he gets some consistency I'm not convinced by selecting arbitrary cut off dates to prove a point.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You're right. I have been asked 3 times if I'm sexually abusing animals because I don't think we will sack Arteta because I don't think we can afford it and that maybe things can improve if a manager is given time.

I respect every opinion bar Making 'Its players fault not Wengers, its Arteta fault not the players' trax. Rubbed into everyone's face that he was first to claim Arteta but then turned on him even if it's only his first season with us but still have won us a trophy.

He read some articles about variation principle and perturbation method and claimed to have done his PhD thesis about something in quantum chemistry but didn't even know what coupled-cluster was when I was talking about it.
Quantum Chemistry isn't my field of study. I know nothing about it, so stop making things up. And while you're at it, ask yourself why you're being such a ****. Arteta supporters in this forum are stinking it up with some pretty nasty posts. Ask yourself why?

Quantum Chemistry isn't my field of study. I know nothing about it, so stop making things up. And while you're at it, ask yourself why you're being such a ****. Arteta supporters in this forum are stinking it up with some pretty nasty posts. Ask yourself why?

Meant to say you pretended to have PhD in quantum mechanics. Variation principle and perturbation method. Cute. :lol:

Maybe you should ask yourself why you're being such a ****? You started it. Also pretty disgusting being okay with people calling me an animal abuser. Actually, you did that also. But yeah everyone else who think Arteta should maybe be given a little more time is nasty. Classy.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Do journalists and bloggers really have that big an impact, who cares if they are pro Arteta...clearly Arteta has the backing of the board, if he doesn't meet whatever they are telling him, he will be gone.

Doubt Gunnerblog is keeping Tets in a job :lol:

Do journalists and bloggers really have that big an impact, who cares if they are pro Arteta...clearly Arteta has the backing of the board, if he doesn't meet whatever they are telling him,he will be gone.

You have to wonder what the real opinion of the board is. You have to wonder under what restrictions they are operating when the owner asks them to do 100% cut on the scouting department that probably doesn't even cost the club more than 4 M per year.

Riou

You have to wonder what the real opinion of the board is. You have to wonder under what restrictions they are operating when the owner asks them to do 100% cut on the scouting department that probably doesn't even cost the club more than 4 M per year.

Our board has pretty much been terrible since we moved stadiums, tbh

Iceman10

Established Member
Do journalists and bloggers really have that big an impact, who cares if they are pro Arteta...clearly Arteta has the backing of the board, if he doesn't meet whatever they are telling him, he will be gone.

I think it is right to point out most Arsenal journalists like Charles Watts, and much of the football media as a whole, are largely sympathetic towards Arteta, and that’s probably where any influence is. AFTV is being patient with Arteta, but that is in part I think because Robbie took personally that AFTV was being called toxic for the club at one point. The only real anti-Arteta post I remember recently was by John Cross, but he has no gravitas.

Our board has pretty much been terrible since we moved stadiums, tbh

Everything has been rushed, attempt to do a quick fix here and there.

You can only hope that they are settled down and just want to do things slowly now, make more calculating decisions. But knowing us, they are probably just idiots and will mess up any attempts of moving forward in the next few years.

Riou

I think it is right to point out most Arsenal journalists like Charles Watts, and much of the football media as a whole, are largely sympathetic towards Arteta, and that’s probably where any influence is. AFTV is being patient with Arteta, but that is in part I think because Robbie took personally that AFTV was being called toxic for the club at one point. The only real anti-Arteta post I remember recently was by John Cross, but he has no gravitas.

Yeah, I agree...just dont think it has any impact on whether he stays or goes, tbh.

Maybe it's just me, tbh...I don't care what any journalist has to say, tbh.

Even though I am Arteta in, the fact the journos seem to rate him, doesn't hold any sway to me.

If the board aren't happy with the season, they will sack Arteta...even if the Athletic are churning out all their articles on Mik, I don't think that matters to them.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Of course they don't have any real influence :lol:

Arteta's the shiny new toy for the media. He's young, handsome, has a level of charisma and is viewed as the heir to Pep, at least in terms of philosophy and is rated by many knowledgeable people in the game as an upcoming managerial talent.

I'd be more surprised if the Arsenal media weren't generally backing Arteta to be honest.

I bet Arteta gets them more clicks than Emery ever did too.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom