• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully the club stay as far away from Joachim Löw as possible when he leaves his Germany job in the summer.

Nasty mofo
4e5W.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wonder if Arteta will ever lose his hair?

Might have to reconsidering my pro Mikel position if he does.

I saw an interview with him where they asked him about his hair. One of those Most searched questions on the Internet type interviews.

He said it's a hereditary thing as both his parents have a very thick hair, full head of hair. He said he was already starting to go grey a bit on the sides but he doesn't think he'll ever lose his hair :lol:

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Meant to say you pretended to have PhD in quantum mechanics. Variation principle and perturbation method. Cute. :lol:

Maybe you should ask yourself why you're being such a ****? You started it. Also pretty disgusting being okay with people calling me an animal abuser. Actually, you did that also. But yeah everyone else who think Arteta should maybe be given a little more time is nasty. Classy.
WTF is that garbled nonsense about? :lol: You've completely lost it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it is right to point out most Arsenal journalists like Charles Watts, and much of the football media as a whole, are largely sympathetic towards Arteta, and that’s probably where any influence is. AFTV is being patient with Arteta, but that is in part I think because Robbie took personally that AFTV was being called toxic for the club at one point. The only real anti-Arteta post I remember recently was by John Cross, but he has no gravitas.
The journo's and AFTV can't win. The same people calling them **** and 'embarrassing' are now hating on them for trying to be positive and patient :lol: Always when it suits, of course. So transparent and petulant.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Do journalists and bloggers really have that big an impact, who cares if they are pro Arteta...clearly Arteta has the backing of the board, if he doesn't meet whatever they are telling him, he will be gone.

Doubt Gunnerblog is keeping Tets in a job :lol:
It matters a lot especially when there are no fans and they are the biggest voice. A lot of the propaganda is what some of you guys use to put a positive spin on this season throughout this thread, of course it has an impact. You know very well how it gets for managers once mediums like AFTV turn on you for example.

There are a lot of things Arteta in my opinion is doing or has done that I don't think other managers will get away with, but because respected media outlets are saying it's ok it's viewed very differently.

Notice I didn't mention you know who - just said managers (before people cry).

Iceman10

Established Member
If 5 is taken as the mid-point in the poll above there are a few more votes above 5 than below (84 vs. 74 votes). Something for @OnlyOne to take note perhaps after being surprised at a Twitter poll on Arteta earlier today. Maybe an indication of quite a few silent fans who are being patient with the manager (even though their votes in the poll are visible). This isn’t much different from what I saw anecdotally in December the week after the Burnley loss where I was surprised at how many were still backing Arteta.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
WTF is that garbled nonsense about? :lol: You've completely lost it.
Tbf, he crushed you when he highlighted your 'players fault under Wenger, managers fault now' shift. It's hard to take poster seriously with that level of glaring inconsistency.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's almost like he read through this thread and then tweeted this

I like Arteta and think he's a talented coach, but no Arsenal fan needs to hear stuff like this anymore. We've been hearing the same thing repackaged in different ways for the last 15 years, it gets so tiring. History has also told us talk like this is BS with Kroenke running things.

At this point I'd rather just hear nothing from the club than stuff like this.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Maybe it's just me, tbh...I don't care what any journalist has to say, tbh.

Even though I am Arteta in, the fact the journos seem to rate him, doesn't hold any sway to me.

If the board aren't happy with the season, they will sack Arteta...even if the Athletic are churning out all their articles on Mik, I don't think that matters to them.
I think those who want to read negative stuff that supports their opinion just get pissed when not enough of it is circulating. SO they call it an irrational bias and a conspiracy--as they do those here who don't want Arteta gone yesterday--and run with that until things fall right for them. Many have clearly gone past the point of no return already, which seems to have been fueled by those who have hope or claim to see positive signs. It intensifies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Maybe it's just me, tbh...I don't care what any journalist has to say, tbh.

Even though I am Arteta in, the fact the journos seem to rate him, doesn't hold any sway to me.

If the board aren't happy with the season, they will sack Arteta...even if the Athletic are churning out all their articles on Mik, I don't think that matters to them.
It's not the be all and end all and not the case for you individually no. I just think they definitely have an effect on sentiment.

People say they don't care about what media say, but you see people (on here no less) regurgitating stuff about players that aren't even true because of media all the time. You yourself express frustration often about how Vieira is portrayed by the media that many people buy into.

There's many on this forum happily thinking Vardy is a press monster, when in reality he's a guy in his mid thirties with a busted hip that Leicester can't afford to replace.

Unrelated example but are you really saying Arteta doesn't benefit even a little bit from all the good press at all? Emery sure could have used some in my opinion cause he suffered all the same pitfalls Arteta did but got little sympathy.

People will mock me but it's just my opinion. A few years ago 5th place was deemed a failure by a lot of the people happy to sit through what we see today and that takes some doing.

say yes

forum master baiter
I don't think anything sums up the obnoxious self-assurance of Arteta's haters better than the accusation that there's a conspiracy to give him positive press coverage.

Because there's no chance they could be wrong about him.

Iceman10

Established Member
People will mock me but it's just my opinion. A few years ago 5th place was deemed a failure by a lot of the people happy to sit through what we see today and that takes some doing.

I don’t think anyone here is happy with being out of top 4, but we have to dig deep and make our way back up after 5+ years of poor executive management. Any disagreements are obviously just on how it will be done, whether to stick with current “process” and personnel or go a different direction. If some are not as worked up as you would like them to be maybe that’s because they see sports as an escape rather than being happy with where Arsenal is right now.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don't think anything sums up the obnoxious self-assurance of Arteta's haters better than the accusation that there's a conspiracy to give him positive press coverage.

Because there's no chance they could be wrong about him.

You could question the Athletics football model...does the small group of journos / fans / bloggers all covering one club work? Does is create echo chambers? Are they really impartial when also wanting interviews / dealings with the clubs key figures?

For me something is not working when all the people covering the club seems to have the exact same opinion on everything.... not just Arsenal but across the board.

mirrorstare

I don’t think anyone here is happy with being out of top 4, but we have to dig deep and make our way back up after 5+ years of poor executive management. Any disagreements are obviously just on how it will be done, whether to stick with current “process” and personnel or go a different direction. If some are not as worked up as you would like them to be maybe that’s because they see sports as an escape rather than being happy with where Arsenal is right now.

The problem is we really weren't in any kind of debacle to justify being midtable. Arteta comes after a season that for very slight margins could have had us playing in the CL, both in the league and the EL ways.

First season is ok not even because of the cup win, but because the club managed the Emery sacking horribly and we were quite directionless for like 2 months, but it was only 2 months, not this absolute crisis where the squad is no longer worthy of being mentioned among the other top clubs, or where any other manager would need half a squad to make us into a top club again. Football wise, we were never in any position where staying in midtable was considered acceptable before Arteta came in.

Then you can point at the clown fiesta upstairs, the failed Gazidis triumvirate, the Raul fraud and the current rookie regime and say that yes, we're in trouble, but their worst crime was buying Pepe, a player that we have seen can be capable of good stuff if properly managed, maybe even 72m stuff. A crisis? Those things transcend the manager anyway, I think everyone here knows quite well what will happen if Arteta happens to get more Kia trash instead of the 5-6-10-12 players he needs for his project.

What's left to do is look at the football, some think the project will bang after a minority of performances, some think they have seen what Arteta can do with a squad that was fighting top 4 not so long ago fully available, arguably even better than such squad, and can only say it's quite subpar. But a lot of this we were in crisis stuff isn't based on anything, and sounds more like a poor attempt to save face from the fact we, the fanbase, pressured the guy who was holding the structure that was Arsenal as a top club together to **** off, and gullibly believed he was the only obstacle to become title challengers again.

Iceman10

Established Member
The problem is we really weren't in any kind of debacle to justify being midtable. Arteta comes after a season that for very slight margins could have had us playing in the CL, both in the league and the EL ways.

First season is ok not even because of the cup win, but because the club managed the Emery sacking horribly and we were quite directionless for like 2 months, but it was only 2 months, not this absolute crisis where the squad is no longer worthy of being mentioned among the other top clubs, or where any other manager would need half a squad to make us into a top club again. Football wise, we were never in any position where staying in midtable was considered acceptable before Arteta came in.

Then you can point at the clown fiesta upstairs, the failed Gazidis triumvirate, the Raul fraud and the current rookie regime and say that yes, we're in trouble, but their worst crime was buying Pepe, a player that we have seen can be capable of good stuff if properly managed, maybe even 72m stuff. A crisis? Those things transcend the manager anyway, I think everyone here knows quite well what will happen if Arteta happens to get more Kia trash instead of the 5-6-10-12 players he needs for his project.

What's left to do is look at the football, some think the project will bang after a minority of performances, some think they have seen what Arteta can do with a squad that was fighting top 4 not so long ago fully available, arguably even better than such squad, and can only say it's quite subpar. But a lot of this we were in crisis stuff isn't based on anything, and sounds more like a poor attempt to save face from the fact we, the fanbase, pressured the guy who was holding the structure that was Arsenal as a top club together to **** off, and gullibly believed he was the only obstacle to become title challengers again.

Any problems I have with a section of our fans is before the final two seasons under Arsène Wenger. I thought they were impatient and things like harassing him at a train station were out of order. However, it was his plan to get the club to a point in 2016 where we could compete with clubs like Bayern Munich. That didn’t happen, and instead we had a season out of the CL and a final season where he was given deserved extra time to arrest the decline but he couldn’t. At that point it was time up, even though I have since read that even then he didn’t want to leave, it was Gazidis/Kroenkes telling him it was time for him to leave.

I agree with parts of your comment, but the issue right now is we are in a mess and have to work our way out of it. The solution cannot be going back to Arsène Wenger, he is probably too old now anyway.

Midtable is unacceptable. Few questions maybe. Did you see the final direction under Wenger of Mustafi, Xhaka, Lucas, et al. as acceptable in retrospect, or maybe that is all blamed on Gazidis? What was the club culture that led to failure to retain Alexis and mismanage Ramsey’s contract? What do you want managerially now - stick with Arteta or change, and to who?

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom