• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday, March 14 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfkidultman

Has to be our strongest team. Elneny’s goal has allowed us to do that and rest a few on Thursday. A win gives us an outside chance of top six. Anything less and we’re done. To give up by selecting a weakened team against our rivals would be utterly pathetic. Get the job done.

Legend14

Established Member
He really wasn't. Although I dislike Arteta as a manager, he was a great Midfielder for us. Very underrated player by Arsenal fans and the English media back then.
Regardless of how he is managing, he was not a great midfielder for us. He was an above average midfielder at Everton and average for us. When I think about great Arsenal moments Arteta does not appear anywhere.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Regardless of how he is managing, he was not a great midfielder for us. He was an above average midfielder at Everton and average for us. When I think about great Arsenal moments Arteta does not appear anywhere.
The Kevin Richardson of our times. Hopefully he'll be a better manager than Kevin, and I think he will....

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

0 starts in 21 league games this season; binned in January.

"A man is judged by his deeds, not his words" - dunno

Aye but this is reportedly after Mustafi turned down a contract extension.....jus sayin..

Finesse

@Finesse, you stated in the Arteta thread confidence in Pepe getting a start for this one, but I do wonder if because Arteta will recognise this NLD as important he will stick with his safe place of players he seems to trust more, as boxerrumble does here.

We will see. Maybe more rotation will come with a reasonably safe lead against Olympiakos, but that would also mean three matches (Burnley, Olympiakos first leg, and NLD) where there wasn’t much rotation which is not just a problem for players needing minutes to avoid rust but also increased risk with quite a few players starting three matches in a week.

It is the same sentiments I had when he was not used as a starter vs Benfica. He was used as a starter at Leicester. The NLD is important of course but we have an even important game with Olympiakos ahead. No reason why he should not start.

Safe place of players is the way you want to look at it. For me its more about players who he believes can play to the strengths of how he wants to deploy his tactics. Lately we have dropped points or come back from jail not because Pepe was not used or the selection of players was wrong. Simple individual errors remain the problem.

He has no choice but to rotate . Pepe and the rest will get minutes. I am waiting for the new areas fans will pick on when they do and let me not jinx it...we don't get the result desired.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When was the last time we beat them? Arteta has lost both his games against them, humiliated in the last game so needs something here I think.

Iceman10

Established Member
It is the same sentiments I had when he was not used as a starter vs Benfica. He was used as a starter at Leicester. The NLD is important of course but we have an even important game with Olympiakos ahead. No reason why he should not start.

Safe place of players is the way you want to look at it. For me its more about players who he believes can play to the strengths of how he wants to deploy his tactics. Lately we have dropped points or come back from jail not because Pepe was not used or the selection of players was wrong. Simple individual errors remain the problem.

He has no choice but to rotate . Pepe and the rest will get minutes. I am waiting for the new areas fans will pick on when they do and let me not jinx it...we don't get the result desired.

Regarding tactical thinking, one possibility I see for him using Pepe over Willian here outside normal forced rotation is Spuds probably need to play this match with ambition to be in with a shout for Top 4, which could end up giving space for Pepe as a runner. Will see which way Arteta goes.

“Safe place” isn’t really derogatory. It is just that I see Arteta as trusting Willian more because you don’t always know what you are going to get with Pepe, and it is perhaps a bit like Mourinho being risk averse with players like Salah and KDB when he had them. It is just management style and traits I am seeing with Arteta.

Finesse

Regarding tactical thinking, one possibility I see for him using Pepe over Willian here outside normal forced rotation is Spuds probably need to play this match with ambition to be in with a shout for Top 4, which could end up giving space for Pepe as a runner. Will see which way Arteta goes.

“Safe place” isn’t really derogatory. It is just that I see Arteta as trusting Willian more because you don’t always know what you are going to get with Pepe, and it is perhaps a bit like Mourinho being risk averse with players like Salah and KDB when he had them. It is just management style and traits I am seeing with Arteta.

I want Pepe to make it here if you look at the investment we made for him. If this is what he has to sail through to impose himself like Saka , ESR etc have done , then that will be the route. Every manager wants to be sure of what they get from a player , especially the very tactically dependent ones.

I just think there is a lot of nit picking with the Pepe issue over Willian issue. Willian has been bad for the first few months on his time here and compare that to Pepe who has never been what we expected for 2 seasons and 3 managers now. We have been very patient with him. Even the Manager was critiqued for not getting the best from him or coaching him into a top player. We read many reports of Pepe and Arteta spending so much time in training etc. I am wondering now, since we all see he is picking up and looking like what we want him to be, who gets the credit? The Manager too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom