• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Olympiakos (1) | Thursday, March 18 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people worry too much, as far as i can see, probably affected by last season's game, or by some team mistakes, especially in defence. I shall confess i'm a bit worried too but my humble opinion is that we must not compare to last season. This tie and of course Thursday's game is different. Arteta knows that this is crucial to his career, unlike last year that he underestimated them (they were also better team than now..).
I think he wants it more than last year (he proved it in the 1st leg, he also said we must be careful in the 2nd game, he has taken it seriously this time), he learned from last year's disaster. Also the opponents are more weaker than 2020, they have more injuries now (Hasan and Valbuena are off) and their manager admitted yesterday that Olympiakos is exhausted (therefore too many injuries). They don't resemble last year's team at all, except God takes a magic stick and transforms them into super players...

Conclusion: For Arsenal to go out this tie AGAIN for 2nd time in a row, shall be a scandal. Players psychology will be destroyed for the rest of the season, Arteta of course shall be eliminated not only from British but also from European football. It will be a disgrace thar similarly i can't find in the wold's football history.

In Greece we use to say: "το δις εξαμαρτείν ουκ ανδρός σοφού"-> "the wise man does not make the same mistake twice"

I wish Arsenal to go to top-6 at the premier league table and why not higher if you can, from the bottom of my heart. This team must be at the TOP, every year, not like recent years.

For Thursday's game, i dont want to believe that there is another result than going through to next round.

Sorry for long post, wish the best for all of you..

Last edited:

bergholt

Zero chance we lose this tie. If you think we will then you can make very good money betting on Olympiakos at about 7-1.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Some people worry too much, as far as i can see, probably affected by last season's game, or by some team mistakes, especially in defence. I shall confess i'm a bit worried too but my humble opinion is that we must not compare to last season. This tie and of course Thursday's game is different. Arteta knows that this is crucial to his career, unlike last year that he underestimated them (they were also better team than now..).
I think he wants it more than last year (he proved it in the 1st leg, he also said we must be careful in the 2nd game, he has taken it seriously this time), he learned from last year's disaster. Also the opponents are more weaker than 2020, they have more injuries now (Hasan and Valbuena are off) and their manager admitted yesterday that Olympiakos is exhausted (therefore too many injuries). They don't resemble last year's team at all, except God takes a magic stick and transforms them into super players...

Conclusion: For Arsenal to go out this tie AGAIN for 2nd time in a row, shall be a scandal. Players psychology will be destroyed for the rest of the season, Arteta of course shall be eliminated not only from British but also from European football. It will be a disgrace thar similarly i can't find in the wold's football history.

In Greece we use to say: "το δις εξαμαρτείν ουκ ανδρός σοφού"-> "the wise man does not make the same mistake twice"

I wish Arsenal to go to top-6 at the premier league table and why not higher if you can, from the bottom of my heart. This team must be at the TOP, every year, not like recent years.

For Thursday's game, i dont want to believe that there is another result than going through to next round.

Sorry for long post, wish the best for of all of you..
Efcharisto and welcome

On AM we say: εμπιστευτείτε τη διαδικασία

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Sorry for long post, wish the best for of all of you..

Great post, my friend!

Since I have no more nostalgia to post on this fixture, here's an entertaining draw between our sides from 2004...

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
We can rest players imo. The difference between our bench and starters is not that huge. Martinelli, Pepe, Ceballos, Elneny, Bellerin etc can easily come in and hold a 3 goal lead.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
We can rest players imo. The difference between our bench and starters is not that huge. Martinelli, Pepe, Ceballos, Elneny, Bellerin etc can easily come in and hold a 3 goal lead.
Agree. Obviously we need to advance into the quarter-finals but we have a tough game against West Ham on Sunday. If you look at the table, we can see that we can achieve the 4th position in the table, so we need to get 3 more points and being close to the top 4.

bonzka

I think we can rest a few and use the 5 subs to keep legs fresh-ish. Confidence, momentum and improving the efficiency of the team is too important to compromise.

Gabi could do with a late season flourish to carry him into next season - so lets give him 30 minutes to get that rolling.

Let's smash these within 60 minutes, and then have a slug fest with West Ham on Sunday.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba will score in this...then run over to the bench and do the Laca celebration, but with Arteta!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Reckon we’ll fully tw*t these now. Run up the score then substitute everyone after 50 minutes.

Get through the West Ham game, two week break for some of the lads and onto an easy home stretch.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
People are too confident. These knobs have done nothing to be confident of them not losing 4-2

Kav

Established Member
I doubt we will lose the game though. We have enough firepower to score if we want which should put the tie to rest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll start Willian keep Martinelli at home Pepe on bench just to piss us off. Good to see Saka not injured still he should be at home can't risk him here

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Go nuts. In fact, I'll give you 7-1 on Olympiakos winning the tie.
Agree with you in general, dont think we are anywhere near losing this. Just historically mindful that football throws up these quirks someitmes and this season in particular we have repeatedly conceded positions of dominance.

What are you thinking...small wager of one bitcoin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom