• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: The True Joerdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bruce said they'd like to keep next season. I wouldn't mind that if we improve our midfield if not he should stay.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Willock is not half as good on the ball, he is not a silky footballer, and he is not doing his job controlling the midfield at all. He should be creating play, open up space, making passes, have good close control on the ball in the midfield. He failed all that.
Willock will have a career in the PL, Smith and Cottrell will likely never play in it. Unlucky lad.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Willock will have a career in the PL, Smith and Cottrell will likely never play in it. Unlucky lad.
I’m not saying they will play in the PL, because they are not insanely skillful to overcome their physical shortcomings, at least at this moment.

Who knows in a year or two, they might bulk up a bit, or reach the technical level like silva/cazorla to not needing to care about their lack of physical strengths.

But anyway, these players are still better than the technically shxt player like willock. If he is a destroyer DM/CB who focus on defending, and destroying play, I will allow him to have slightly lower technical standard. We are not Pulis Stoke that play shxt football. We need silky players in the team to build up beautiful chance and possession.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’m not saying they will play in the PL, because they are not insanely skillful to overcome their physical shortcomings, at least at this moment.

But these players are still better than the technically shxt player like willock. If he is a destroyer DM/CB who focus on defending, and destroying play, I will allow him to have slightly lower technical standard. We are not Pulis Stoke that play shxt football. We need silky players in the team to build up beautiful chance and possession.
Don’t know how you can be so hateful to a player who’s been here since he was a kid. If you don’t rate him fair enough but your constant comparisons to players who are still playing u23 football at 20 or playing in lower leagues is weird.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Don’t know how you can be so hateful to a player who’s been here since he was a kid. If you don’t rate him fair enough but your constant comparisons to players who are still playing u23 football at 20 or playing in lower leagues is weird.
Then shall I compare him to Cazorla?
Or Fabregas? Nasri? Scholes? Carrick? Thiago? Gundogan? Fernandinho?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Willock is not half as good on the ball, he is not a silky footballer, and he is not doing his job controlling the midfield at all. He should be creating play, open up space, making passes, have good close control on the ball in the midfield. He failed all that.
Just out of interest, does Willock have poor or below average FIFA scores?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lionel Messi.
I think you’ve missed my point. He has areas in his game that are simply not up to standard. Those are the basic requirements of being a baller, being an Arsenal player. The main job of a midfielder is to control the match with passing, distributing the ball, he is not half a passer of Fabregas.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, who'd want a midfielder who's a constant goal threat? Not me.
Sacrifice all the midfield controlling to generate possession and chances for the team, sacrifice the gap leaving behind when booming up. Just to go for glory. Do you know how much worse off as a team to have that? When your team could have so many more chances created if you are sitting there in the midfield area controlling the midfield instead.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
@Football Manager is the quintessential “technique above all else” football fan. There’s no point trying to win this guy over, he’s just not into Joe and I doubt he ever will be.
I think Joe is the most interesting loanee right now. I could easily see him being our highest sale in the summer but I also think he could be the answer to a lot of our midfield woes. Especially when we play in this 433 system. It would not surprise me if Klopp looked at Joe for a Winjaldum replacement. It’s really not as ludicrous as people think. His passing is rough but he’s a goal-scoring 8, elite ball carrier and players like that are rare and costly. If you have one of those profiles in your academy, I do think you should be patient with them and see what they could offer. I see Bellingham play this week and I think that’s the same profile as Joe but obviously the Dortmund player being the bigger talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom