• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That pass to auba between the midfield and defense is something neither our other most could do it was so well placed its shame auba couldn't finish.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Thomas had the hardest role in this setup. I think he mostly struggled off the ball compared to on it. He plays as a lone midfielder. Even in City’s setup one of the fullbacks tucks in. Today, he had no one really beside him. We don’t need to speak on Cellabos but I felt Ødegaard offered nothing in midfield and Chambers played a more traditional right back game than usually tucking in. Again, people are bringing up his bad habits to attack him. He had one poor shot that flew over the bar, to say he had 5 shots that ruined our attack is a lie. No one in the Arsenal team had 5 shots so either you’re lying or you have an agenda. I think people expected him to single-handily stop counter attacks like he’s Kante but he’s not. He’s closer in style to a Thiago not a Fabinho.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is no Modric, that's for sure, but still very useful to us. Wins the ball, can play against the press, but we all get annoyed with some of his passing.

Think it's gonna look good once he has a more specialized partner next to him, that Bissouma guy would be a really good deal for us

mpower2540

I think he's a good player, capable of some great things at times, but i'm wondering if the 'don't worry it's just the injuries, he's going to explode next season' thinking is a bit stretched. I'm sure he can improve, get more consistent, but maybe he's just a very good player, not a transformational player? Like pair him with another really good midfielder and you'll have a good midfield, but I think we should slightly adjust expectations with him.
Agree with this. I thought he could be transformational in our midfield but it hasn’t quite happened. I think our midfield is actually worse than I thought it was, and I thought it was ****. The way that they just ran straight through us multiple times was frightening.

He was fine last night for the most part, but I think he’s drowning in too much responsibility which he never really had at Atletico. We’re asking him to be our playmaker and the guy who mops up for the mistakes of the clowns around him.

The corner for the 2nd goal came from Partey getting out of the press, playing it to Ceballos who failed to control it and couldn’t recover. Break away.

I love the guy and there are things he does where I just say to myself “you should be playing in a much better team at this stage of your career mate”. Which leads me to in my opinion the biggest issue with the signing. he’s 27 years old, and I don’t see us getting to a point with him in his prime years where he’s in a team that can fight in the champions league or at the top of the table, that for me is a real shame.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agree with this. I thought he could be transformational in our midfield but it hasn’t quite happened. I think our midfield is actually worse than I thought it was, and I thought it was ****. The way that they just ran straight through us multiple times was frightening.

He was fine last night for the most part, but I think he’s drowning in too much responsibility which he never really had at Atletico. We’re asking him to be our playmaker and the guy who mops up for the mistakes of the clowns around him.

The corner for the 2nd goal came from Partey getting out of the press, playing it to Ceballos who failed to control it and couldn’t recover. Break away.

I love the guy and there are things he does where I just say to myself “you should be playing in a much better team at this stage of your career mate”. Which leads me to in my opinion the biggest issue with the signing. he’s 27 years old, and I don’t see us getting to a point with him in his prime years where he’s in a team that can fight in the champions league or at the top of the table, that for me is a real shame.

Yeah, he should be in a double pivot, clearly. They were running through us cos Ceballos was non-existent, so I wouldn't blame Partey too much there.

If Partey was playing in a CL team he'd be a reliable cog in the midfield, he wouldn't be the star everyone turns to hoping for a miracle, I think we just placed that burden on him cos we're so sh*t.

Also yeah some people said at the time but 45m on a 27 year old when your team is nowhere near capable of finishing top 4, like, he's literally going to spend his peak in a team trying to get into a competition he was already playing regularly in. It really wasn't a wise career move from him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought Partey was the cake in our midfield and Ødegaard our icing, and now he isn't????

No Partey, no Cake?

OSBK

Established Member
I thought we had signed a monster leader cm who would drive the team forward. We look worst in defense than when emery was here and really soft in cm. Cant sit there and blame his cm partners, kante ran the league with drinkwater by his side and jorginho.

I hope this is a blip and still an adjustment

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He caught sleeping in 2nd goal and that really unacceptable by player of his standard otherwise it was typical Partey display nice passes nice tackles and a usual shot that end up outside the stadium. He was playing alone with the way Ceballos was performing
"A usual shot that end up outside the stadium" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's definitely been going through the motions recently, though it's hard to really single him out, as it feels like everyone has been poor for quite a while now...but you still see the glimpses of the quality he has in every match, that pass at the end was top notch.

I hope next season when he's fully fit, he gets his motivation back to play for us...he's our only good CM really, please don't give up and become another joker :lol:

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Xhaka has been better than this guy this season. Hopefully reunite the pair together when Tierney comes back and storm the EL.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Let be honest , he has been extremely disappointing so far and massive flop.

For the amount we paid for him you expect top player but so far he has had as many decent peformances perfomances this season as Elneny (3 or 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom