• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with an owner that wants a return on investment eventually, in some ways it’s better than an emotional fan

Here’s an example:

The problem is the Kroenkes, not shrewd business people in general, let’s not be blinded by romanticism here.

For all the flak the Kroenkes are getting, their hands off approach would have been perfect if we had the right people in charge instead of egomaniacs/parasites.
I should clarify you shouldn't get into it wanting to make money doesn't mean you can't. If the first thought on buying a club is how much can I make you're in the wrong business. However buying a club for the right reasons and making money are different things.

Kroenke and Abramovich could both sell tomorrow and make a profit but both got involved for different reasons. Roman was bored and wanted something exciting in his life meanwhile Stan was saying if you want to win championships you would never get involved.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ek would give us Abramovich vibes but without the financial backing. However we have less debt than nearly every single big club in world football. When things go back to normal in terms of fans in stadiums we have an insane revenue stream.

Whilst the financial backing is nice, and I'm sure initially we would get a cash pump, it isnt the most important thing long term and it doesn't make a difference to us due to how much money the club generates by itself.

This immense pressure only has two outcomes in my opinion. Kroenke's sell to Ek or Kroenke's spend a lot of money this summer to appease fans.

Ek is nothing like Abramovich?

akhil

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with an owner that wants a return on investment eventually, in some ways it’s better than an emotional fan

Here’s an example:

The problem is the Kroenkes, not shrewd business people in general, let’s not be blinded by romanticism here.

For all the flak the Kroenkes are getting, their hands off approach would have been perfect if we had the right people in charge instead of egomaniacs/parasites.

Think they got it easy when they took over, they basically had Wenger in charge of everything, who could marry the technical side and financial value really well. Gazidis trying to take proactive role at the end, probably led to some of those mediocre signings. It's been a car crash since Sven and Raul joined in terms of personnel decisions though.

Let's play Aubamawang

Ek would give us Abramovich vibes but without the financial backing. However we have less debt than nearly every single big club in world football. When things go back to normal in terms of fans in stadiums we have an insane revenue stream.

Whilst the financial backing is nice, and I'm sure initially we would get a cash pump, it isnt the most important thing long term and it doesn't make a difference to us due to how much money the club generates by itself.

This immense pressure only has two outcomes in my opinion. Kroenke's sell to Ek or Kroenke's spend a lot of money this summer to appease fans.
I'd just be happy if he could help boost our commercial revenues. We'll never get to the level Utd earn, but it would be nice to increase our other revenue streams, if only to give supporters a break by lowering the insane ticket prices.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I was very wary about Henry's comments on MNF. A lot buzzwords without any real substance behind them. "The Arsenal way" "Arsenal DNA", what does this really boil down to? Winning trophies playing some of the best football in the world. Guess what that requires? Seriously investment to get the playing/managerial staff to do that.

For us to get these things back, the guy is going to have to pump 100odd million into the club every season for the next few years. Does he have the capital to do that?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I was very wary about Henry's comments on MNF. A lot buzzwords without any real substance behind them. "The Arsenal way" "Arsenal DNA", what does this really boil down to? Winning trophies playing some of the best football in the world. Guess what that requires? Seriously investment to get the playing/managerial staff to do that.

For us to get these things back, the guy is going to have to pump 100odd million into the club every season for the next few years. Does he have the capital to do that?

Hopefully Henry's speech on tv contained buzzwords just to excite the supporters. The real work behind the scenes will require far more than that.

I am confident though that Henry and other advisors are aware of getting this right now, and what that would take. Us here as laypeople are able to make incisive commentary into the shortcomings of the club and in my mind that bodes well as football people like Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and hopefully Arsène should have far more insight into what it takes to make a club work well.

The key, is getting Kroenke to either sell or catch a ****ing wake up. Both better scenarios than what we have now.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Edu might be safe, as he is friends will all the legends (and was an Invincible too) Arteta will be looking over his shoulder if the takeover is completed though, imagine Daniel might want his own man in charge.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is what it comes down to. If he dilutes the ownership structure to give fans a voice or decision influencing seat on the board then that’s good enough for me.

If that seat is a token gesture then there’s little to get excited by beyond hoping he tries to actually hire competent people. Could easily be more of the same that we have with Stan.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully Henry's speech on tv contained buzzwords just to excite the supporters. The real work behind the scenes will require far more than that.

I am confident though that Henry and other advisors are aware of getting this right now, and what that would take. Us here as laypeople are able to make incisive commentary into the shortcomings of the club and in my mind that bodes well to football people like Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and hopefully Arsène as well.

The key, is getting Kroenke to either sell or catch a ****ing wake up. Both better scenarios than what we have now.

Yeah, this what I'm a bit wary of. Getting the legends on side to get the fans on board, which is all well and good, but would they actually know how to build a football club?

I'm not going to use the better the devil you know analogy because the Kroenke's have been disastrous for the club, but I do have reservations and feel it may be a PR thing. I mean announcing a potential 2 billion takeover to Arsenal twitter?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is what it comes down to. If he dilutes the ownership structure to give fans a voice or decision influencing seat on the board then that’s good enough for me.

If that seat is a token gesture then there’s little to get excited by beyond hoping he tries to actually hire competent people. Could easily be more of the same that we have with Stan.

What does give fans a voice mean though (not a rhetorical question honestly want to know what this would entail)? Do they get a say on how the club is run on the football side? Commercial side?

With all due respect to 99.99% of Arsenal fans, we don't really have a clue about either of those things.

I just want a board that hires the best people in class at the exec level and support them with investment. This will then filter down to competent managers and a strong playing staff.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What does give fans a voice mean though (not a rhetorical question honestly want to know what this would entail)? Do they get a say on how the club is run on the football side? Commercial side?

With all due respect to 99.99% of Arsenal fans, we don't really have a clue about either of those things.

I just want a board that hires the best people in class at the exec level and support them with investment. This will then filter down to competent managers and a strong playing staff.

If there’s board decisions by voting there should be a vote cast by the fans.

Football side you should hire the right people and leave them to it but commercially some of the people on the board aren’t commercial or financial geniuses either.

The only difference between a Lord Harris, Josh Kroenke and a potential fan board member are that two of them were born into disgusting wealth.

People in positions of power at these companies aren’t a different breed to normal people. A lot of the time they’re just luckier.

Iceman10

Established Member

The Kroenke's are not putting in their own money, so a lot of "investment" is basically expenditure of money fans put into the club. Wouldn't it be right to expect more accountability for how the money is spent? It won't solve all problems, but what's wrong with some represention of fans at boardroom meeting level to keep the owners more honest on decision making and attention to detail?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Kroenke's are not putting in their own money, so a lot of "investment" is basically expenditure of money fans put into the club. Wouldn't it be right to expect more accountability for how the money is spent? It won't solve all problems, but what's wrong with some represention of fans at boardroom meeting level to keep the owners more honest on decision making and attention to detail?

I agree 100% with all of this. I am far from a fan of the Kroenke's, from around the time when they first got involved with the Arsenal, the club has declined both on and off the pitch.

I'm not against fan representation either, I was just unsure as to what it would look like in practice.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What are people actually expecting to happen with fan voice on the board? Curious to hear people's thoughts.

The thought of it is great, but for it to truly work and for there to be some point to it you'd need all big clubs doing the same thing.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What are people actually expecting to happen with fan voice on the board? Curious to hear people's thoughts.

The thought of it is great, but for it to truly work and for there to be some point to it you'd need all big clubs doing the same thing.

Does anyone here actually want people from AFTV to have a voice in making decisions in the club? Fans are no better at making decisions in the club than the Kroenkes. They would told you about how if we didn't give Özil his fat contract extension they would have rioted and burn down the Emirates. What that will fix the club and get us on the right track would be if we can find a David Dein who has the vision and guts to make decisions like getting Wenger to manage us. And I am not sure where we can find that guy.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure Ek will really help us. You need big pockets to give this club a lift. I am not sure he is wealthy enough. Sure, it would be nice to have someone that knows and loves the club as owner, but it is all about the money really....

When City is practically owned by a country...you need big money to compete. It's a pity the Norwegian Oil Fund doesn't want to buy us. I'd be happy to take charge of the club. Bring in Haaland and Giroud. It would be brill. Instead they are off investing in some wind farm on Papua New Guinea....

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom