• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
How getting rid of him isn’t a unanimous opinion amongst fans now is totally baffling. The facts are we are worse than we were with Emery so he has to go.

Be interested to hear the reasoning from @HollandGooner @Rosso @GoonerJeeves qs to why Arsenal should stick with Arteta next season, I dont even have any intention to ridicule just really dont understand the thought process?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The Casual football fans will still fill the stadium, no matter how hard us Die-hard fans try and get rid, the casuals in london will still flock like sheep to put cash in stans back pocket.
Casual football fans and tourist don't turn up to watch midtable teams with no hope of even competing in Europe. It's more likely it'd be the hardcore who'll see this as an opportunity to finally jump the waiting list and become season ticket holders.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It’s more nuanced than that. Being a billionaire doesn’t mean you’ll make the right calls for your business.

I think that's the root cause of problem. The motivations of Kroenke and Arsenal as a competitive football team / fanbase aren't aligned.

I'm sure Kroenke will profit wonderfully financially when / if he decides to sell. The football club will probably be languishing in mediocrity though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not surprised.

That’s his former teammate and captain. It’s exactly the same as the former Utd players on Sky backing Ole even when he was having a disasterclass.

Loyal, is our Jack.

Seems like a lifetime ago though when we had Wilshere, Özil, Rosicky, Cazorla and Ramsey spraying passes around like nothing...our build up is so bad now.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Lets flip it, we're all pretty united in wanting Arteta to be sacked.

If he isn't sacked, if KSE don't sell up, both of which are likely scenarios, what do you want to happen this summer and what do you think will happen this summer?

With the pandemic and everything else that's gone on, the club will be in a serious situation and the transfer budget from a "use what you make" perspective will essentially be nil unless big sales are made.

So KSE actually have to invest probably close to £200M to stop the club sliding further. I think you have this situation where we have to go all out to attract good footballers with no European football. That means stupid transfer fees and also stupid wage offers, but you also will need to do something similar to what City did at the start, and firstly attract one big player with stupid money before others are like oh ****, they actually mean business here.

Kroenke coming out and ploughing a couple of hundred million into transfers fees just isn't going to happen though, Arteta or no Arteta. Everything his regime has done so far goes against that. Kroenke has a pretty clear business model for the club.

We'll probably end up with an extra £20m or so cash injection from Stan (Probably leveraged against the club) to try to pacify the fanbase after the Super League fiasco. It'll be leaked to every sports outlet that Stan is investing his own money into the club as a nice bit of PR.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Kroenke coming out and ploughing a couple of hundred million into transfers fees just isn't going to happen though, Arteta or no Arteta. Everything his regime has done so far goes against that. Kroenke has a pretty clear business model for the club.

We'll probably end up with an extra £20m or so cash injection from Stan (Probably leveraged against the club) to try to pacify the fanbase after the Super League fiasco. It'll be leaked to every sports outlet that Stan is investing his own money into the club as a nice bit of PR.

£20M cash injection would mean £20M to spend unless we make big sales. No European football and the pandemic mean we literally have no money spend from within the club unless we firesale.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arteta is simply not competent for this job. He may claim he gives his life foe the club, but that is total BS. He gets millions.

No way he can claim giving life to the club vs us fanatic fans who have loved Arsenal for decades.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You have to wonder if the players ever fully recovered from Freddie's managerial disaster, maybe this is what Arteta can't talk about? I feel for him here if the case.
Huh? Freddie was always interim manager and managed just a few matches.

The sad truth is that who have a coach that wants to be a manager, but simply he does not have the ability. Not everyone is cut out for this job.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
No way Wilsh is Arteta in. He's squirming. He said all that he can.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Say yes was moving mad with everyone those times he was really just drunk off the Arteta sauce, why you think he has so many people @ing now after he was chatting sh*t for months? We shouldn't have let him run rampant like that though.

he timed his exit perfectly has to be said. Right when it was too obvious there was no turnaround, just a false dawn.

Why

Always Me ?
Woke up early this morning to check BBC news hoping he was gone, got an open tab with "Arteta news" I am waiting to flash with something new.

For Kroenke though, I mean he could sell now, make 500mil - 1billion profit, or put in 100-200mil. Would make sense to just sell up and take the profit. He is a businessman and that's good business to sell a depreciating asset for a profit. If he doesn't it's because he has leveraged a bunch of debt in the US against Arsenal... This means we are spending our money, not on Arsenal, but on his NFL/NBA teams players.

Sad times for us as a club. Either way this Transfer window is going to be fascinating.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom