• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

scytheavatar

Established Member
Yes. These things take time. A new manager with a new plan sees us go backwards even more. Have to wade through the **** for a bit. I’m not happy with failure mind you. But there’s an even bigger picture. All I’ll say on the matter.

Us going backwards is precisely what we need to do, considering that we are heading towards the direction of relegation under Arteta. Winners don't get struck in the sunken cost fallacy, they quit often, quit early and quit without guilt. Look at Chelsea.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Really @American_Gooner is Jed Mercurio in disguise. He gave us fantastic characters, built trust in the process only to leave us with an ending where we questioned our self worth. We invested so much emotionally that we can't stomach another season just to be let down again.

Anyone wish to swap trusted status, peak behind the curtain and feel the crushing disappointed of the character he builds you upto be?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Edu made Arteta manager as he thought he could do a Gazidis and let Teta do his job for him like Wenger did for Gazidis. The clown has been babied ever since he arrived. Raul taking the blame for the 2019 summer signings and changing Arteta’s role for the 2020 summer.

Guy is just flinging big contracts to kids and shagging hookers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really @American_Gooner is Jed Mercurio in disguise. He gave us fantastic characters, built trust in the process only to leave us with an ending where we questioned our self worth. We invested so much emotionally that we can't stomach another season just to be let down again.

Anyone wish to swap trusted status, peak behind the curtain and feel the crushing disappointed of the character he builds you upto be?

That ending was ****ing rubbish.

I was smashed when I was watching it but when i rewatched it sober it got even worse.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What you see there is a man terrified of having to make a decision, of having to go to his boss and tell him his little messiah is ****. Martinelli and ESR saved his job as much as Teta’s.

You're spouting some real nonsense about Edu here, what you're saying is completely unjustified. He deserves criticism like everyone else but you're going way too far.

Malky

Established Member
The problem with keeping Arteta in charge next season is that it has the potential to get very toxic, very quickly - a large percentage of the fanbase is already Arteta out, most werent until last night as the seen the Europa as redemption, get us CL football and he deserves another chance next season. Now that's gone those fans have turned against Arteta too. So now imagine how bad it could potentialy be with fans in the stadium and a bad start in the league next season.
Potential summer window, pre season and months of a rebuild, under a competent manager, lost keeping Arteta in charge.

ArtetaOut

Really cbf anymore. What's the point of getting bitter and angry everyday when the people at the top doesn't give a **** about this club. The reality is there's nothing we ****ing peasants can do anything about it. I'm so ****ing jaded already. Not worth damaging my mental health any further.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
You're spouting some real nonsense about Edu here, what you're saying is completely unjustified. He deserves criticism like everyone else but you're going way too far.
Just let them let off some steam bro.

Edu almost had nothing to do with Arteta's appointment, it was Gazidis that brought him on radar and Raul and the finger sniffer responsible for appointing him after sneaking into his house for a late night sesh. Raul was also literally responsible for all the signings up until the end of this summer, even for the Partey stuff according to all the reliable sources it was Raul that had already done and finished most of the work.
Also can't see how its Edu's fault Arteta actively worked to **** up our assets by not selling AMN when we had a 25mil bid, holding on to Holding, devaluing Guendouzi and messing with Saliba...

As far as I'm concerned this January was Edu's first window at a job and this summer will be the one where he can actually finally be judged.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's right though.

Even though you like to act like you're finally Arteta-out, I do know you still have Arteta's scrotal saving your mouth.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Oh do one you little cry baby. You wanna take it there, let's take it there.

Yes, I rated Arteta, and I rated him with chest. You're acting like you weren't up and down like Katie Price's underwear. One day your Arteta in, then you're Arteta out, then Arteta shake it all about. You were Arteta in or out on a match by match basis and it's the likes of me who don't know ball? From a guy who struggled to form a solid opinion on someone?

God knows where this arrogance has come from. I know you're hurting from yesterday, we all are, but how ****ing dare you try and dismiss my footy knowledge? If you don't wanna debate with me any longer fine. You're acting like you're some kinda cut above :lol:. I have nothing to prove to anybody, I've always been an independent thinker. I don't need validation, especially from someone who doesn't know whether they're coming or going.
Did I @ you? Not sure why you’ve taken it so personally, quite a few people backed Arteta.

I don’t claim to be a cut above, or be a footballing genius but I like to think I’ve got the critical thinking skills to look at our massively underachieving squad and blame the inexperienced out of his depth manager rather than scapegoat proven players. There’s nothing wrong with being wrong, there’s something wrong with trying to blame everyone else but the manager when it’s clearly his fault.

Also don’t make stuff up.

I was against Arteta from the jump. When he won the FA Cup I still had my misgivings but I decided to back him. I was very quickly Arteta out again a few months into the season, after the magical run of 4 wins that will probably go down as the highlight of his PL career I said I’d back him if things continued, they didn’t and my stance remained the same. The proof is all there in this thread and his pre hire one. Not sure where you’re getting this in out shake it all about stuff from. Maybe someone else?

P.s. nice rhymes but leave Katie’s lifestyle out of it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’ve calmed down a bit now.

If Arteta releases a statement admitting to being on crack for most of this season then I’ll understand and back him wholly next season providing he goes to rehab.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

For those who can't see what's happening here - this is Arteta's Baku moment. He's not getting the sack this season probably, but he's a blatant fraud and a deadman walking essentially.

This is KSE just being KSE about this, Arteta would have to reach meme status for his lego head to actually get to rolling.

Ideally before summer, but beggars can't be choosers - I have enough Arteta memes, quips and stats to keep us entertained for the entire summer anyways.
@ArtetaOut is more blatant with his dislike for Mik but I swear you’re up there. 🤣🤣

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He was doing way too much just to do a runner when the writings on the wall.
He’s the biggest wasteman on this forum, tried to shamelessly cover it up as leaving because the quality of the posting was poor as well.

I still have varying levels of respect for all the guys who backed Arteta and have remained here for the bad times but @say yes is a disgrace to his federation.

If he comes back I genuinely don’t know how his opinion will get taken seriously 🤣

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom