• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I think this was posted before, but :lol: :lol: :lol:

He needs to drop the PR offensive and shut up for a bit. Let the new season come, maybe we actually start well... But if the fans are in the stadium and he start losing home games left right and center again, this will all be coming back to haunt him.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Looks like it. Also:

Maybe publicly dropping him isn't the best way to go
Bad things in 2018:
Giving players special treatment
Non-restrictive 'tactics' and letting players express themselves
Not shouting or being animated on the sideline

Bad things in 2021:
Not giving players special treatment
Restrictive tactics and micromanagement
Too much shouting on the sidelines

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I think this was posted before, but :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't understand how he could be throwing the players under the bus like this when we still have 3 games to play. :lol: Not to mention the fact that he's spending so much time on the phone with Journos, where does he find the time to coach and manage?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Except we didn’t spend 144M. We actually spent about 70M.

Pepe’s 70M transfer was paid structured in installments over 5 years. Lille got 20M as the first payment and the balance to be paid over the next 4 years. Our biggest spend that summer was for Tierney for 25M. Saliba’s 27 M transfer was structured over two years so St Etienne got half of it. We also loaned Ceballos for almost 4M. You should get your facts correct before making these disingenuous statements.

If we do spend it will be from players being sold. I’m not sure what fees we can get in this Covid market for most of our experienced players who we want to move on. Most likely we make about 70M from sales if we shift 4 to 6 players out.

Pepes deal was structured but that doesn't just mean you don't pay it back ffs, the audacity.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bad things in 2018:
Giving players special treatment
Non-restrictive 'tactics' and letting players express themselves
Not shouting or being animated on the sideline

Bad things in 2021:
Not giving players special treatment
Restrictive tactics and micromanagement
Too much shouting on the sidelines

Must we go from one extreme to the other? Can we not find that Hallowed middle ground some call moderation?

Kav

Established Member
Pepes deal was structured but that doesn't just mean you don't pay it back ffs, the audacity.

You said we spent 144M. We clearly didn’t. We spent 70m. Hence your argument is false. It also undermines your other argument about the likelihood of us spending 200M.

I suggest you take some mathematical courses or accounting lessons before you speak on these things.

Lastly a commitment to spend is not the same as spending. The transfer outlay for Pepe was dependent on future earnings as well and not necessarily funds just laying in the bank.

Malky

Established Member
I don't understand how he could be throwing the players under the bus like this when we still have 3 games to play. :lol: Not to mention the fact that he's spending so much time on the phone with Journos, where does he find the time to coach and manage?
He either needs to admit his faults this season, take some blame, or just shut the **** up completely. He's throwing everyone he can under the bus when he hasn't once admitted any blame in this disaster of a season.

TinFish

I've been humiliated and belittled by friends and colleagues for being an Arsenal fan for the past few months because of this incompetent clown. I'm sure many other fans are suffering like me too. Cone Boy needs to **** out of the club asap
A few months? Try being humiliated for 10+ years mate.

Oh to be a gooner

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why? I dont understand why they are so obsequious to him and KSE.
they are bought. I really don’t buy the players believe in him so much and are impressed when athletic at the same time saying 5 senior players want to leave. Nothing in artetas personality tells me he is a warm or likeable guy. Nor is he a mourinho where when he comes in players respect his record straight away. When Arsenal hired Arteta they went on the biggest propaganda I seen a pl club do for their manager.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom