• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: Back It Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Even though we were stupid to not get a left back in, we have been kinda unlucky on the Cedric at LB front. Thats twice now he has really exposed the fact he is a right footer playing at LB. First against Villa and then today with that poor pass to Gabriel that led to the goal. I know that can happen but his mistakes have been game defining and have come too fast a rate.

He actually had a good game before that in my opinion, usually doesn't let you down going forward. He's always doing things which kind of surprise me considering he's always being called a 'bum'. But yeh he has made two costly mistakes playing at LB now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why couldn’t we have played AMN more this year?

I get he wants to play midfield but come on I’m sure he’d rather play left back than sit on the bench for 6 months like he did.

Had a MOTM performance against Liverpool there in the Shield and was never seen again.

mirrorstare

Don't see the need to talk about AMN, he doesn't want to play there at all and prefers to go be a Championship CM instead so what's the point.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why couldn’t we have played AMN more this year?

I get he wants to play midfield but come on I’m sure he’d rather play left back than sit on the bench for 6 months like he did.

Had a MOTM performance against Liverpool there in the Shield and was never seen again.
AMN/Cedric
Saliba/Luiz
Nelson/Willian
Martinelli/Lacazette

Why play the future when you can go down with finished pros?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not sure the slander for him is necessary really, he's absolutely not meant to be playing these kind of games, let alone playing out of position.

He's a back up player who's happy to sit on the bench and when he's had his games at RB he's proven that he's not bad back up.

What we failed to do again was ship on Bellerin and bring in someone capable of being our 1st team RB & bring up someone be Tierney's back up.

Can't slate this guy for the bad planning.

Yes its not his fault that he is here. When someone offers you a 70k per week for 4 years when alternative was going to play in Russia you take it.

But lets be honest here. He is not good enough. He is completely out of his depth. People always use 'oh he didnt cost much and he doesnt do any obvious mistakes. Well most of the time' but the truth is he offers us nothing moving forward as a club.

To improve we need to buy better players. Not back up for players that should be back ups.

So weird seeing people going mad about the situation of the club but still finding time to excuse players like Mari and Cedric.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The deal for Soares has had a funny life. At the time it looked and felt *terrible*, then it felt less terrible when he put in some decent performances, but how does it look now? Less than a year since the deal and he's not being used as either a back-up RB or back-up LB. Chambers and Bellerin are playing ahead of him on the right and Xhaka is playing ahead of him on the left.

So why exactly did we give him a 4 year (FOUR YEAR) deal?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The deal for Soares has had a funny life. At the time it looked and felt *terrible*, then it felt less terrible when he put in some decent performances, but how does it look now? Less than a year since the deal and he's not being used as either a back-up RB or back-up LB. Chambers and Bellerin are playing ahead of him on the right and Xhaka is playing ahead of him on the left.

So why exactly did we give him a 4 year (FOUR YEAR) deal?

Is he injured?

My point has always been that he's too expensive for a player his age who's supposed be a back up. Now he's not even that.

If he's fit and Xhaka is starting at LB than this is all by design and not because we don't have a back up for KT.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is he injured?

My point has always been that he's too expensive for a player his age who's supposed be a back up. Now he's not even that.

If he's fit and Xhaka is starting at LB than this is all by design and not because we don't have a back up for KT.

Don't think he's injured. He made one mistake and Arteta replaced him with Xhaka, who's played there until he's made a mistake, he'll probably be replaced by someone else.

It kinda stinks of very reactive management, just no real plan. We used to be 'very solid defensively but sh*t in attack', I mean at least it was a definitive style, now I don't know what we are.

It's reminiscent of Emery's later days, when it all just sort of collapsed into a shapeless mess.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Don't think he's injured. He made one mistake and Arteta replaced him with Xhaka, who's played there until he's made a mistake, he'll probably be replaced by someone else.

It kinda stinks of very reactive management, just no real plan. We used to be 'very solid defensively but sh*t in attack', I mean at least it was a definitive style, now I don't know what we are.

It's reminiscent of Emery's later days, when it all just sort of collapsed into a shapeless mess.

It has been a constant with Arteta tho, whenever he tinkers and it somewhat works, he runs with it regardless of why it worked in the first place.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely pointless.

I was open to being wrong about him when people were hyping him up a few weeks back, should have known better lol.. It's weird how he seems to have completely lost Arteta's faith though. Only 3 more years...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine Kia and Edu have made a bit of money with this deal.

That’s all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom