• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Hall of Fame

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Good list overall but no way am I going to put Gary Neville and Carragher over Ljungberg and no way does David James get in over Lehman or Shay Given who were both better Keepers than him. I personally would not have Sherringham in over people like Le Tissier or Zola.

Yeah as a player I’d have Ljungberg higher but he didn’t spend all that long here and it’s the PL hall of fame.

Guys like Neville and Carragher have just racked up far more appearances in their careers. David James has the most PL appearances of any goalkeeper so he’ll get in.

Same with Sheringham. I’m not saying these guys should or shouldn’t get in but they will get voted in because of the numbers.

People don’t realise if you just look at PL careers then guys like Torres and even Pires might be borderline cases.

Kav

Established Member
Yeah as a player I’d have Ljungberg higher but he didn’t spend all that long here and it’s the PL hall of fame.

Guys like Neville and Carragher have just racked up far more appearances in their careers. David James has the most PL appearances of any goalkeeper so he’ll get in.

Same with Sheringham. I’m not saying these guys should or shouldn’t get in but they will get voted in because of the numbers.

People don’t realise if you just look at PL careers then guys like Torres and even Pires might be borderline cases.
That is true which is why I am always iffy when people talk about Ronaldo as a premier league great because frankly while he was good at Man U he was levels above that at Real. People think about the Ronaldo today and think he was just like that in the PL.

With Pires I think his influence on the Arsenal squad was so big but if you look at pure stats he wouldn’t measure up. However watching us play back then was a joy with Pires and Freddy on the wings.

Modric. He was good at Sp**s but not any where as good as he was at Madrid. Same for Beckham.

David James had the most appearances but his longevity shouldn’t equate to greatness because he was a second rate keeper his entire career.

Sheringham was good in the early to mid 90’s but declined significantly after and if anyone will add him they will have to consider Les Ferdinand as he was just as good.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You rank Neville higher than Ljunberg. Played more seasons, was more successful, was a key in defence etc.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Absolute madness.

Giggs was twice the player of all the ones that came from Man U's academy with the exception of Scholes. Honestly Scholes was the only player that they produced that was genuinely world class and better than Giggs. I am no man U fan but to suggest that he was a lesser player than Beckham is laughable. If you are remembering the old 33-40 Year old version of him sure, but the younger Giggs was a serial Baller. I literally hated watching him play against us because he always impacted the game. The man was that good. The only player we had that was similar to him was Overmars who we sold to Barcelona.

Beckham was not even that good at Man U aside from his very good free kicks and excellent stamina i didn't see him do many great things. He used to make some good runs but he wouldn't be beating players with pace or dribbling past them. He became a much better footballer when he was at Madrid. Giggs on the other hand did everything on the Left side.

That’s the most lazy analysis of Beckham I’ve ever seen. Beckham truly was a world class midfielder, he was consistent, stepped up in our biggest games, the amount of goals he scored in big games is what stands out. He was just consistently outstanding for his whole United career. In our most successful season in the history of our club, it’s Beckham who was our stand our player to win us a treble.

Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer aren’t half the players they are remembered in history without David Beckham. Only Scholes could touch him when it came to preciseness of passing. His defensive work rate was second to none.

There’s truth to what you’re saying about the very early era of Giggs, all the guys - Beckham, Scholes, Neville’s and that whole group of players looked up to him but it’s that patch when he was losing his pace that really changed him.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
You rank Neville higher than Ljunberg. Played more seasons, was more successful, was a key in defence etc.

Sure he played more matches but he was never their best defender or most consistent player in defense when he was playing. If memory serves me right he never got any defender of the year accolades or anything like that. He usually had 1 or 2 mistakes each game even going back to his younger days.

I recall Ferguson saying that his best attributes were mental and based on purely physical qualities there were better players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
E0fs2gyXIAsaJ_0

BobP

Memri Fan
Putting aside the hitting a woman stuff + sleeping with your brother's wife part, only thing Giggs has going for him is longevity. For example, Pires had a better peak than Giggs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also...Paddy is gonna get inducted alongside the dirty, ginger midget, ffs :facepalm:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
thought they would spread it out a bit :lol:

seems odd jumping round time wise as well... Gerrard must have still been playing in 16 or 17 ffs

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom