• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League Hall of Fame

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Beckham's fame makes people underrate him imo, great player...was quality for Madrid too, was a man possessed in the home stretch of their league win in 2007.

Also Carrick > Scholes for me, thought Michael was an amazing player.

Also didn't even notice Giggs wasn't there, he's being "Benoit-ed" :lol:

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Every Gooner should vote!

I put my vote in for Adams, Bergkapm, Vieira, Sol & Wrighty. Had to go with a 6th & because I enjoyed watching him growing up, Cantona was an easy 6th choice for me.

Riou

Henry was on Sky, talking about his award...I love how much he loves Patrick Vieira :lol:

You get the feeling Thierry would give his spot to Patrick if he could!

Riou

Ez-yEUvWYAoZkpz

Riou

They will have to rig the vote in some way, otherwise other players will get in only after every Arsenal player is in it :lol:

Didn't they change how Goal of the season was voted for too after Jack won it in 2015?

Kav

Established Member
Ljungberg is borderline imo, if it really is two a year there’s many more players ahead of him.

For me there’s about 50 nailed on ones now and in the next 25 years of PL football there will be more.

1. Henry
  2. Giggs
  3. Scholes
  4. Keane
  5. Ronaldo
  6. Ferdinand
  7. Vidic
  8. Van der Sar
  9. David James
  10. Gary Neville
  11. Gerrard
  12. Carragher
  13. Pires
  14. Suarez
  15. Cantona
  16. Sheringham
  17. Yorke
  18. Beckham
  19. Wright
  20. Terry
  21. Ashley Cole
  22. Lampard
  23. Carrick
  24. Rooney
  25. Tevez
  26. Aguero
  27. Kolo Toure
  28. Drogba
  29. Cech
  30. Bale
  31. Vieira
  32. Sol Campbell
  33. Shearer
  34. Harry Kane
  35. Michael Owen
  36. Ian Wright
  37. Fabregas
  38. Van Persie
  39. David Silva
  40. Kompany
  41. Yaya Toure
  42. Hazard
  43. Bergkamp
  44. Schmeichel
  45. David Seaman
  46. van Nistelrooy
  47. Kante
  48. De Gea
  49. Evra
  50. Tony Adams

For me those are 50 locks off the top of my head. Going to be tough to make cases for good but not great players like Ljungberg.

Good list overall but no way am I going to put Gary Neville and Carragher over Ljungberg and no way does David James get in over Lehman or Shay Given who were both better Keepers than him. I personally would not have Sherringham in over people like Le Tissier or Zola.

Kav

Established Member
Yeah, Giggs shouldn't even be in this debate - besides being a lesser player than Beckham and Scholes, he doesn't have respect for his own legacy to begin with.

Can understand why someone would pick Scholes over Beckham but any boyhood fan from Manchester would always pick Beckham if they grew up in my era and witnessed what we did week in, week out. at his best. Had it all in his peak, would run upwards of 14KM a game as well. Keane and Cantona go before him though.

Absolute madness.

Giggs was twice the player of all the ones that came from Man U's academy with the exception of Scholes. Honestly Scholes was the only player that they produced that was genuinely world class and better than Giggs. I am no man U fan but to suggest that he was a lesser player than Beckham is laughable. If you are remembering the old 33-40 Year old version of him sure, but the younger Giggs was a serial Baller. I literally hated watching him play against us because he always impacted the game. The man was that good. The only player we had that was similar to him was Overmars who we sold to Barcelona.

Beckham was not even that good at Man U aside from his very good free kicks and excellent stamina i didn't see him do many great things. He used to make some good runs but he wouldn't be beating players with pace or dribbling past them. He became a much better footballer when he was at Madrid. Giggs on the other hand did everything on the Left side.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom