• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I've stated my explanation more than enough on here. If you want it you can go and search im not explaining again.

Every opinion has bias mate, that includes your opinion as well. The only way to get rid the bias is by using past evidence aka fact. Arsenal never spend 250m in one window before while Sp**s has spent 50m in one window before, you ask everyone out there I know which one is more realistic. So Keep dreaming.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Every opinion has bias mate, that includes your opinion as well. The only way to get rid the bias is by using past evidence aka fact. Arsenal never spend 250m in one window before while Sp**s has spent 50m in one window before, you ask everyone out there I know which one is more realistic. So Keep dreaming.

Since when did I say 250M? I said 150-200. Arsenal have spent 144m in one window before, so I don't get your point. Why couldn't we spend 150-200? What exactly is your well thought out reasoning because history would dictate that this summer we will be spending over 100 million. After every summer where we spend less than 100 we always spend over 100.

Kav

Established Member
Since when did I say 250M? I said 150-200. Arsenal have spent 144m in one window before, so I don't get your point. Why couldn't we spend 150-200? What exactly is your well thought out reasoning because history would dictate that this summer we will be spending over 100 million. After every summer where we spend less than 100 we always spend over 100.

I have debunked this line of your. We spent 70m in the window you are referencing. Stop with the falsehoods. We are never spending 150m in a single window.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I have debunked this line of your. We spent 70m in the window you are referencing. Stop with the falsehoods. We are never spending 150m in a single window.

13 - £44M
14 - £107M
15 - £23M
16 - £101M
17 - £50M (then Auba for a further £60M in Jan)
18 - £72M
19 - £144M
20 - £76M
21 - ....?

Again, logic dictates that a mixture of not being in Europe, having to make top 4 next season, and fan pressure along with the fact we always spend over £100M the window after spending under £100M, would suggest we will be comfortably spending above 150M on footballers.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

You only spent those money when you sold your assets which are your main players and that was also when you had European competition money. The problem is that you are not taking into account that your main players are on high wages which prevent clubs to spend decent amount transfer fees on them.

You are also not taking into account that the players that are not good enough for a team that finished 8th are not valuable for good transfer fees. Did you sell AMN last year when the club listed him for like 30m? No.

I‘m not expecting my club to have more than 50m-60m net spend this summer and I expect us only manage to sell Lingard, James, and a goalkeeper, while the rest will go on loan and we are in UCL. How the feck you can dream to have more transfer budget than us?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You only spent those money when you sold your assets which are your main players and that was also when you had European competition money. The problem is that you are not taking into account that your main players are on high wages which prevent clubs to spend decent amount transfer fees on them.

You are also not taking into account that the players that are not good enough for a team that finished 8th are not valuable for good transfer fees. Did you sell AMN last year when the club listed him for like 30m? No.

I‘m not expecting my club to have more than 50m-60m net spend this summer and I expect us only manage to sell Lingard, James, and a goalkeeper, while the rest will go on loan and we are in UCL. How the feck you can dream to have more transfer budget than us?

What assets? In those years most of our assets have gone for free due to their contacts running out. We've spent a lot of money in recent years. £300M since Wenger left.

I'm not dreaming mate. We spent more net than you last summer as well didn't we? And the summer before that? So why wouldn't we this summer to get back into Europe?

You're basing your opinions off of not much really.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
What assets? In those years most of our assets have gone for free due to their contacts running out. We've spent a lot of money in recent years. £300M since Wenger left.

I'm not dreaming mate. We spent more net than you last summer as well didn't we? And the summer before that? So why wouldn't we this summer to get back into Europe?

You're basing your opinions off of not much really.

Which summer you have spend 150m-200m? I have checked your last 6 years, you spent nothing close to those value. When you spent 140m and that was when you managed to get about 45m from selling, mean 95m net spend. The second highest was 130m and that was when you also managed to get 130m from selling means about 0 net spend.

Based on what happened in the past 6 years, 95m net spent is the maximum you can get and that is when you had European comp.

I’m thinking United can only have 50m-60m net spend and you are expecting your club to be given triple of it. You are truly dreaming. May be if it’s only 20m-30m more than us but triple more. You are dreaming if Kronke will let you spend that much.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom