• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

DennisTheLegend

Signing a player 3 years too late as per usual, same as Auba and Laca transfers - Should've got them way earlier in their careers.
Fekir will struggle with the pace of modern EPL, too many tough tackling DMCs and Full backs. We messed up big time with Buendia because he could’ve played in 3/4 positions.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool didn't sign him when he was younger and playing at a higher level due to a failed medical. Then he ended up at Betis? Such a strange transfer. This would be a distaster of a signing. Hopefully just agent talk.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He is 27. In what world has that ship sailed?

On average, football players peak at 24-28.

Buying player at a low price, offering a relatively cheaper contract, at the age of around 23. And then sell them at a high price at 27 is the most logical decision.

You maximise the money you get, and you maximise the performance you get from the player.

If you buy at 27. The transfer fee is high, the wage is high. The performance will decline. By the time he reaches 30-31, he is not as good anymore, you can’t sell because he is on a big wage. Even if you can sell, the transfer fee you received is low. Because to the buying club, this player is not at his best anymore, and he will generate no re-selling value.

I have been saying this more than 10 years , and many here only learned their lesson after the Özil/auba incident. I’m surprised some of you would still want a player at 27+ (But of course, if it’s a free transfer, or the player comes cheap, and the player is really good, then it’s perfectly fine).

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I have been saying this more than 10 years , and many here only learned their lesson after the Özil/auba incident. I’m surprised some of you would still want a player at 27+
Auba won the PL Golden Boot a month before he turned 30. Then as a 30 year old he scored 29 in 44.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He ran a lot but was extremely selfish, he would nearly always look to be in space to receive the ball which is normally good, but hed take up space where other players were trying to play meanwhile we would have nobody centrally which resulted in a lot of tippy tappy football going nowhere. His inability to beat players or operate in tight spaces while not tackling was horrible to watch at times.
This is so incorrect if you’re talking about Özil?

Gn1212

People completely miss the point about Fekir.
We already have young forwards and attacking midfielders in Pepe, Saka, ESR, Balogun and Martinelli. You need some experience in the mix. Fekir is great to offer that given his versatility and experience.
Has 3 good years left in him. More than enough.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba won the PL Golden Boot a month before he turned 30. Then as a 30 year old he scored 29 in 44.
We've paid 70M for his Golden Boot and FA cup win, and once you add his fat new contract on it, I would actually agree with @Football Manager, and I don't agree very often with him.

His transfer was definitely not worth it, and there is no resale value/option. That's the path to decrease overall team value until you get to the point where you need to sell kids because there's nothing else to sell, which is where we are now

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

On average, football players peak at 24-28.

Buying player at a low price, offering a relatively cheaper contract, at the age of around 23. And then sell them at a high price at 27 is the most logical decision.

You maximise the money you get, and you maximise the performance you get from the player.

If you buy at 27. The transfer fee is high, the wage is high. The performance will decline. By the time he reaches 30-31, he is not as good anymore, you can’t sell because he is on a big wage. Even if you can sell, the transfer fee you received is low. Because to the buying club, this player is not at his best anymore, and he will generate no re-selling value.

I have been saying this more than 10 years , and many here only learned their lesson after the Özil/auba incident. I’m surprised some of you would still want a player at 27+ (But of course, if it’s a free transfer, or the player comes cheap, and the player is really good, then it’s perfectly fine).
Not concerned about resale value. We don't sell players anyway. We haven't made a profit on players in years regardless of their age. What I care about is quality.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I said on average. So no point being out one or two exceptions.

And also, are you sure the auba in Dortmund was not a better player than the one in Arsenal?
It's not an exception, you mentioned Auba.
We've paid 70M for his Golden Boot and FA cup win, and once you add his fat new contract on it, I would actually agree with @Football Manager, and I don't agree very often with him.

His transfer was definitely not worth it, and there is no resale value/option. That's the path to decrease overall team value until you get to the point where you need to sell kids because there's nothing else to sell, which is where we are now
He's performed at a high level until Arteta fully implemented his system, it's not Auba's fault the rest of the team hasn't been up to scratch. Put him the United or Chelsea teams and they would've challenged for the league this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a WC goal scorer though, settled here, big pedigree.

Fekir is 28 next month, will need a season to settle etc. Crap stats for Betis last season.

Looks a weak link anyway, so don’t want to get into a debate.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He’s a WC goal scorer though, settled here, big pedigree.

Fekir is 28 next month, will need a season to settle etc. Crap stats for Betis last season.

Looks a weak link anyway, so don’t want to get into a debate.
I don't want Fekir btw, just saying that not every signing at that age is a bad one.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't want Fekir btw, just saying that not every signing at that age is a bad one.
A WC one or cheap one isn’t, but a guy like Fekir who has had injury issues, is not WC and isn’t really ripping it up, and will still cost quite abit, is questionable.

Same like Zaha, is gone into that 28-32 age range and will still cost 40M plus. Just not worth it now.

Why

Always Me ?
Lets face it if you join Arsenal your chances of getting injured are multiplied by a factor of 10.

Partey no injuries at Athletico for yonks, joins Arsenal, injured 2 games later out for ages.

If Fekir came here, jees, would probably brake both legs in the first minute.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom