• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
A

Agree with white being the marquee signing is completely unacceptable.
It's the kind of signing that Utd or City can get away with because they just absorb the hit and move on. It's crippling for us because when someone of a higher pedigree becomes available, we have to hear about how they were out of our budget. I just don't see how this made more sense than giving Saliba his opportunity and putting that 50m towards say daring Rennes to turn down a big bid for Camavinga for example. That's the kind of signing you pursue if you want to make statement and you're building a young core.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He's just a midget Vermaelen, and I have been saying that if Arteta wants us to get top 4 we need to have Conte/Mourinho Chelsea level of defense. Cause we will never score a lot of goals with Arteta's coward tactics. So why we are introducing a new weakness to our defense, I have no idea. Only someone delusional would think White is going to be better at passing out from the back than Luiz.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Had a few crisp passes, also there was that moment in the second half where he dribbled an oncoming presser in our box and played the ball out to start a counter attack. We already know that he isn't a great defender, his ability on the ball is why he is in the team and it wasn't a poor display from him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, poor debut. Got to the point where he wasn't even jumping for the ball because he knows he'd lose. Great on the ball but defensively not a good showing. Not sure if I am deflecting the blame but I don't think Mari helped him at all either, both were bad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah, poor debut. Got to the point where he wasn't even jumping for the ball because he knows he'd lose. Great on the ball but defensively not a good showing. Not sure if I am deflecting the blame but I don't think Mari helped him at all either, both were bad.
Do you think it’s crazy how I’m always right about players? White is another waste of money.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Do you think it’s crazy how I’m always right about players? White is another waste of money.

Not really, you've always had brilliant football knowledge but you never rate any player we buy so it's easy to say you didn't rate them when they turn out bad and if they are good you keep quiet.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Had a few crisp passes, also there was that moment in the second half where he dribbled an oncoming presser in our box and played the ball out to start a counter attack. We already know that he isn't a great defender, his ability on the ball is why he is in the team and it wasn't a poor display from him.
That’s a 50 million defender and we already knew he isn’t good at defending? I’m pretty sure people were saying he is very good defender and level above what we have

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not really, you've always had brilliant football knowledge but you never rate any player we buy so it's easy to say you didn't rate them when they turn out bad and if they are good you keep quiet.
Those aerial stats looking worrying mate. Think he can grow into a fine CB but Arsenal fans are gonna be missing Luiz this season I feel.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
That’s a 50 million defender and we already knew he isn’t good at defending? I’m pretty sure people were saying he is very good defender and level above what we have
No people were saying that he's a replacement for Luiz who wasn't a great defender himself. The bit of dribbling is why Arteta spent 50m on him. You got to get used to that fact and direct any ire at those that purchased him. There wasn't any mystery about the kind of the player he is.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No people were saying that he's a replacement for Luiz who wasn't a great defender himself. The bit of dribbling is why Arteta spent 50m on him. You got to get used to that fact and direct any ire at those that purchased him. There wasn't any mystery about the kind of the player he is.
He is not luiz level though and if after 2 years our plan was we need to find the next luiz, then we are mentally ill

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Those aerial stats looking worrying mate. Think he can grow into a fine CB but Arsenal fans are gonna be missing Luiz this season I feel.

Yeah, they are, and he was targeted for them. He'll grow into a great CB I have no concern in that but he'll never be liked by the majority of the fans because of his price. Stones signed in 2016 and only now City fans think he was worth the price.

Luiz was got so much hate yet clearly our best CB and won us an FA cup, we could of done with both of them in the team tbh, as I said I think Mari didn't help him at all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Tbf though they’re rarely ever good. Probably could count them with one hand for the last 5 years.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom