• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's absolutely gash and he will be broken by the supporters with more performances like today, especially if Saliba continues to look like a future stud each week. I think next Sunday will be a very dark one for him. I hope I'm wrong but he's weak and nowhere near as good on the ball as people talked themselves into believing to justify this stupid transfer. 123 million on him and Pepe. Blimey.

Alexs

If only Ben White had the physicality to get sent off. Hitting Joey Barton can only be good (and a role reversal from the usual).

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
50m for this lad is laughable. I couldn’t give a rats arse if he can ‘pAsS OuT FrOm ThE BaCk’ he’s weak defensively. Was getting torn apart by Toney. Don’t think he won a header tonight. Constantly out of position as well, pushing up for no reason. Was a big problem. I want my defenders to defend, I don’t care for these new age hipster CBs who try look cool on the ball. Most physical strikers in the league are gonna have a field day against him. Would have preferred if Saliba was given a chance and we spent that 50m elsewhere.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just saw Carragher have a go at him for being too short.

That's pretty funny...due to the debate on here about Ben, also the fact that Jamie was a bit of a CB midget too :lol:

He was always gonna struggle against Toney, most CBs in this league will...we need Gabriel back, he isn't the finished product ether, but he's our only defender that can compete physically with players like Toney and Lukaku.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Not the lad's fault.

Thrown into deep end in a system he nevet played before partnering slow-mo king Mari vs Toney .

Also just might not cut it at this level? We'll see.

Now spending 50 million on him while our entire squad needs a revamp... That's an issue that goes upper in the hierarchy.

Someone needs to endure Guantanamo-esque interrogation for the way they manage the club.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not the lad's fault.

Thrown into deep end in a system he nevet played before partnering slow-mo king Mari vs Toney .

Also just might not cut it at this level? We'll see.

Now spending 50 million on him while our entire squad needs a revamp... That's an issue that goes upper in the hierarchy.

Someone needs to endure Guantanamo-esque interrogation for the way they manage the club.
I was just thinking about the absolute balls on Brighton. Here you have a guy who you know isn't a 50 million pound player, frankly may not even be worth half that and you actually held out for that figure with no thought about how much you could lose if Edu and Lego boy had the good sense to walk away and look elsewhere. Instead they actually didn't blink and stole 50 million in broad daylight. This transfer was discussed for weeks in public with most everyone saying it was a ridiculous fee and yet somehow Brighton hung in there and actually got us to fork it over. We wouldn't push the boat out over an extra pound for Suarez but we made it rain for a short, lightweight clown. I wonder if Kroenke has some kind of dodgy insurance policy out on the club. It feels like he's trying to torch it.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Put him in a back three or put him in midfield. This guy is not a back four defender. Any physical presence is gonna bully him and target him.

Gooner1988TK

I never understood this signing surely being able to actually defend and being physically imposing is more important than being able to make a long pass.
The biggest hint that nobody was talking about his defensive ability. It was all about he’s good on the ball blah blah. We aren’t prime Barca and City who will completely dominate games. We need real defenders and I wouldn’t have paid 20 mill for this guy tbh. I would’ve had Dunk all day over Mr white.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He might be good, and I think he will be better than the likes of Holding, but you don't pay 50 million pounds for a CB with such a glaring weakness in his game. (Aerial presence) The only way you might do it is if they are world beaters in other aspects, and Ben White isn't. He's solid to good in other aspects.

You especially don't do that without giving an opportunity to Saliba.

Kav

Established Member
Waiting on some apologies from posters who attacked me when I said Ben White was a down grade. That he won’t be good for a few years and that he had some mistakes in him this season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Waiting on some apologies from posters who attacked me when I said Ben White was a down grade. That he won’t be good for a few years and that he had some mistakes in him this season.

He made no mistakes, looked excellent on the ball, played an absolutely insane pass that Holding wouldn't have been able to do and was in a bloody shaky defence next to Mari and Chambers.

What are you on about? Seriously?

Kav

Established Member
Oh so he didn’t jump and miss a ball completely? He didn’t get battered by toney and turned by onyeka and Mbueno on two occasions. Not to mention that he got sold a dummy in the box. 😆😆😆😆

Which game were you watching?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Oh so he didn’t jump and miss a ball completely? He didn’t get battered by toney and turned by onyeka and Mbueno on two occasions. Not to mention that he got sold a dummy in the box. 😆😆😆😆

Which game were you watching?

Sky sports breaking news... Defenders gets turned by attacker, must be ****?

He also didn't jump that was Mari...

If this is your way of gauging a defender then bloody hell mate. You must've thought Holding was shocking, he would get turned inside and out every single week.

What I saw from White was excellent. He isnt going to dominate bigger forwards, but that's where Gabriel will come in. Whites positioning and ability to see things before they happen was excellent. Mopped up numerous times and his ball playing capacity is actually up there with David Luiz.

You cannot sit there and say he's crap. At all, he's proven otherwise and will continue to do so

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom