• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Welcome To Arsenal Ben White

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He needs time, this was just one performance but worrying nonetheless. The most important attributes for a CB are the defensive ones and that's what he will ultimately get judged on. It was bad today though. Really bad.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I like this guy's ability on the ball and was part of almost anything we did going forward so I see the thinking in bringing him in.

Sadly I suspect he lacks the physicality to play in a 2? Hopefully I am wrong and it's only one game against a physical side I guess, but yeah looking like a poor use of funds right now.

Key word is suspect, I am not writing him off but I am not impressed yet.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This transfer is one of the biggest headscratchers I've seen at this club in the last 5-6 years. We're absolute dogs*it going forward and instead of buying a quality AM for 50 mil, we spend it on this kid that has only one season in the PL, but Saliba is loaned out again in France without even being used in pre-season to see if he can offer anything this year.
The ability to screw up the most basic of things at this club is always fascinating to watch.

Haphazard

It's been only one game but him being brushed off by Toney was worrying , you need both cbs to being physically strong especially in the PL.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not a great debut. The only things I can say its been a roller coaster ride for him and he will be a bit rusty and I think Toney will bully a lot of defenders. Sadly its not gonna get easier for him with Chelsea and City up next.

blaze_of_glory

He's almost certainly better than he's shown so far. You can see the good stuff in with the bad, but not jumping for that ball is just awful (Leno was fouled though).

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
What can you tell about a player from his first game? Did we all not watch Willian?

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
He's going to be targeted like hell on aerial duels based on tonight's showing. Didn't seem to have the desire to compete for headers. Ball-playing ability better be Ramos/Pique/Bonucci level if he's going to be a liability in the air.

Not gonna write him off after one match, though, hopefully Gabriel will be able to complement him better.

Last edited:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Disappointed he didnt go and actually tackle at a few points, looks good on the ball but then we go and do long kickouts so idk what the plan is. Think he could do with a bit of extra training around aerial battles, Lacazette is the perfect training partner for him id say if he wants to improve it.

JCB

I never understood this signing surely being able to actually defend and being physically imposing is more important than being able to make a long pass.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Had a feeling he'd have a shocker in his first game. He'll improve though.

D

Dial Square 1886

One game guys.

FFS, get some perspective.

If he looks ****e after 1/2 a season or so then fair enough, but 1 game. Come on!!

Tom349

Main takeaway from this performance is we should be dropping the bag on Toney. As someone else said he is going to bully a number of PL CB's.

I feel like he didn't want to overcommit to challenges today given the space in behind him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why he not challenging for headers? This will need to be fixed quick you have to challenge at least his body strength is very good and he 6'2 it shouldn't be problem

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We also saw how good he can play the ball forward quick. It's new team he arrived only 2 weeks ago and had short pre season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only so much you can do, when you are put in a tag team with The Great Khali.

He will improve once he gets settled, Gabby gets back to form a partnership with him and possibly under a new coach.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom