• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
After Wenger left we started to regress and became the joke we are now. Ramsey´s goal at Wembley against Chelsea masked that a little, but we are in a downward spiral since Wenger left.
Ramsey's goal was under Wenger... Confused?

We were regressing under Wenger. Since 13-14 at least...the effects were masked with the terrible quality of the league in 15-16 but once top managers like Guardiola, Poch, and Klopp were in place at our competitors the results showed. We've been in a downward spiral for a while.

Of course that downward spiral was aggravated by making a terribly incompetent managerial hire to replace Wenger. We're still feeling the effects from that. Jury is out on Arteta but if he can't get at least 5th-6th with this squad we'll have made two bad managerial hires in a row.

Token Yank

Ramsey's goal was under Wenger... Confused?

We were regressing under Wenger. Since 13-14 at least...the effects were masked with the terrible quality of the league in 15-16 but once top managers like Guardiola, Poch, and Klopp were in place at our competitors the results showed. We've been in a downward spiral for a while.

Of course that downward spiral was aggravated by making a terribly incompetent managerial hire to replace Wenger. We're still feeling the effects from that. Jury is out on Arteta but if he can't get at least 5th-6th with this squad we'll have made two bad managerial hires in a row.
Agreed. But in hindsight almost think Emery overachieved with the squad he had. It was absolute ****. Same thing with Wenger, quality of player towards the end of his reign were pretty bad. Had the bald freak signing crap players. Ultimately you need quality players. Ødegaard makes our team better. Excited for this signing.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
"Silly old Fox, doesn't he know?
Arsenal just signed Martin O"

(He's a better player you cheeky old Gruffalo 😉)

I rate Maddison less high than Arsenal fans....
But right now, there's nobody outside of the Emirates who believes Ødegaard is a better PL player than Maddison.

He was exceptionally average last season.
1 goal in 14 games just proves you're lying.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I rate Maddison less high than Arsenal fans....
But right now, there's nobody outside of the Emirates who believes Ødegaard is a better PL player than Maddison.

He was exceptionally average last season.
1 goal in 14 games just proves you're lying.
Jesse Lingard scored more goals than De Bruyne. It doesn’t mean he’s a better player.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest at 22 years old for 35 million he is a good signing. My main reservation is that he takes up the right half space, but that won't be a problem if ESR is on the right or with a good rb.

Let's see what the end of the window brings because it Arteta does what he did last season we are looking at no Pepe or Martinelli.

ProspectFox

Too full of himself
Jesse Lingard scored more goals than De Bruyne. It doesn’t mean he’s a better player.

So what metric do you want to go by?
I'm guessing you want to pick one, which ignores goals/assists/PL appearances/experience, but suits your agenda?

The guy is completely unproven in this league.
Another window, another signing by Arsenal, who makes them no stronger than last season.

It's really hard to have sympathy for Arsenal fans, and the state of Kroenke, when every single transfer window you celebrate your club going backwards, and then wonder, half way through the season, why it isn't working!

I remember when you guys called Unai Emery a terrible manager....
The guy that just got Villareal, yeah, Villareal! To win a European final.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm guessing you want to pick one, which ignores goals/assists/PL appearances/experience, but suits your agenda?

Another window, another signing by Arsenal, who makes them no stronger than last season.

It's really hard to have sympathy for Arsenal fans, and the state of Kroenke, when every single transfer window you celebrate your club going backwards, and then wonder, half way through the season, why it isn't working!

Nobody wants sympathy from a Leicester fan. :lol:

You’re coming here like Mother Teresa telling us what’s what. Nobody cares what a kitchen fitting Leicester fan from Leicester thinks about The Arsenal you mad man.

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I’d go for the metric of watching games and seeing how a player will fit into a team. Thought someone who is a big advocate for Tielemans would understand that.

But if you want to be one of them people who just goes by metrics, then yes Maddison might get more goals, but I’m certain Ødegaard will get more assists and pre assists. He’s just a better all round player.

Nobody called Emery a terrible manager, it just wasn’t a good fit, especially after Wenger. The brand of football and players you need are completely different.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
As I've said all summer, Ødegaard > Maddison (I doubt we were ever in for Maddison; all the reliable reports suggest Ødegaard was the target all along). Bookmark this post, it will prove to be true.

mirrorstare

Imagine calling Ødegaard or any player for that matter mid table signing while championing Xhaka, the embodiment of mid table mediocrity

The difference is Xhaka doesn't mind leaving, he only sticks around because Arteta begs him to stay. Ødegaard meanwhile is begging for Artetaball after being ignored by everyone, even a manager that likes players with his skillset and is very patient with players.

It's not surprising at all despite seeing him for 6 months with an Arsenal shirt pretty much every comment is based on wishful thinking, and some silly xStat had to be made up just to try and pretend he was good. From the looks of it this is a worse signing than Partey, the "world class" La Liga player who utterly failed to outperform Xhaka.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ødegaard meanwhile is begging for Artetaball
Don't think he cares about Artetaball, Arsenal is the only big club out there willing to take him. He is 22, will play in the best league and Arsenal is still a big club in terms of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom