• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This club is dead. One signing announced at 8am and one at 6.30pm.

Announcing Ben White as our new number 4 at 4pm, is what truly killed Arsenal...today was just destroying the corpse, tbh.

Moleque

I would have happily gone with Leno and Runarsson for a bit longer, and wait for Onana to get back from his ban...still feel if we really pushed for him, we would have got him.
that's foolish. One injury to Leno (who's been playing poorly) and our season is gone. With Ramsdale, he will at a minimum push Leno to improve, and hopefully take over for Leno. This signing improved a critical position

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

- We wanted him to replace Martinez last summer, but SU had finished the deal before we sold Emi

- He is "Arteta's choice", he was heavily involved with the scouting process

- Mikel did not have enough faith in Runarsson & Ryan so couldn't drop Leno

- Arsenal are aware of the optics of paying more than the Emi fee, but said "f*ck it English tax"

- they considered Onana and Johnstone

- There is acceptance Leno will move on with Arsenal equally not forthcoming with a contract offer

- Interesting quote about why Emi didn't stay as #2: "While the Argentinian was a popular player at London Colney, he wasn’t one particularly inclined to hide his feelings. Some Arsenal staff believed that if Martinez was consigned to the bench again, they would have had a palpably unhappy player on their hands."

The rest is fluff and things you already know about.

TL/DR: Our manager is a ***** and should stay away from signing keepers players

Anyway, welcome Ramsdale, I didn't want you but like the other Arsenal fans I'll get behind the signing till he concedes :)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
- Interesting quote about why Emi didn't stay as #2: "While the Argentinian was a popular player at London Colney, he wasn’t one particularly inclined to hide his feelings. Some Arsenal staff believed that if Martinez was consigned to the bench again, they would have had a palpably unhappy player on their hands."
All those words just to tell us what we already knew, the guy is bad vibes.

Gooner1988TK

I will take a brief moment from shaking my head at this entire transfer window and let it sink it that he’s got the potential to be as expensive as Ødegaard! Can we go back to just before wenger left please? All I can hear is his quotes about “the price of mediocrity” and it makes me feel sick what we’re doing. Nobody can ever chat crap and say Kroenke doesn’t spend. This man has wasted a ton since Arteta came here!

Gunners1616

Ramsdale's interview was really good. He even said "I'm here to take Leno's shirt".

Dude seems like an alpha. I doubt he could get bullied by the likes of Brentford players.

I still can't believe Leno let himself get hold and didn't kick or push the Brendtford player away. And he didnt even complain after the goal. Any goalkeeper with bottle would have rushed the ref' to push him to review the VAR at least.

Riou

To be fair to Martinez, a player shouldn't be happy to not play, so wouldn't have minded him kicking off if he was benched again.

Have much more issue with him, signing new deals here, while being nowhere near the team and being loaned out everywhere...that was pathetic by him :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He recommended Runarsson and Leno has regressed under him. What you on about?
yes i said recommendations are weird but Leno not regressed but he didn't improve he still the same keeper good shot stopper average with ball and put his teammates under pressure unlike Emi who became on of top keepers in league in space of months. every keeper has personality and ability not all the same maybe Leno don't like his methods.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Welcome and good luck Aaron.

One interesting titbit in the Athletic article was that Leno was on the 66th centile for high claims and Ramsdale was on the 88th with only Martinez claiming more. That is certainly encouraging as Leno's lack of presence at crosses is one of his major criticisms.

I am also glad we seem to be targeting players with good mental attributes, we've had too many weak minded players here over the years. It would be brilliant to see Ramsdale, Tierney, White and Lokonga becoming strong leaders in the team.

Riou

@Riou + Ramsdale = A straight mess.

Ramsdale already started his career with 5 goals conceded.

Don't blame me for this, I was advising the club to bring Szczesny home.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom