• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Qatari Investment In Arsenal

Would you be happy if PSG's owners bought Arsenal?

• Total voters

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That investment is going to be harder to maintain if we keep finishing 7th or 8th. Trust me, the recent injection of cash from the Kroenkes is a sign of desperation which to me suggests they've been advised to try and contain the damage or things will get to a certain point where the kind of investment that would be needed to revive the club would be way beyond what they consider financially sensible.
Look I'm not saying spending money is the answer to all our problems. We do need to be way more structured and efficient but it'd be nice to not have to worry about making some mistakes along the way.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think it will be that difficult to maintain. We just need to be ruthless with our outgoings.

A manager is more important than money. Clubs are no different than other economic actors. More investment does not equate to more growth. Or in football terms better leaghe finishes or success.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

When you say “sale” you mean beheaded right?
Christopher Walken No GIF

Looked for "least convincing denial gif", wasn't satisfied with the results than backtracked to this beauty 🤣

Henry boi

I received a lot of questions about Arsenal yesterday, and some were upset because I did not answer them. In fact, I do not have any definite information, but it is said that there is Qatari interest in buying the club during this year, but the process will not be easy. This and God knows
Who is this guy

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The only way we're going at the moment is down. Our owners are **** and never going to sell for a reasonable price. It as to be an insane amount. Only way that it can happen is a qatari like investment. As a club we're in between a rock and a hard place.

In the league we have City, Chelsea now Everton...if the qatari people can't buy us they'll simply buy Sp**s or villa. We'll just fall behind.

The longer we lounge in medicority the harder it's going to be to compete. Unless we sign a Wenger like manager again, who come once in a generation.

As long as the owners recognise that arsenal is an institution with traditions and values and they stick to them that would be great. Also it would be amazing to see wenger back in the fold one way or another.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm not against the idea.

The way things are going, only our presence in the FA Cup is maintaining our fragile relevance.

We're going to be breaking Liverpool's barren title spell if things at the board level are not drastically altered.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As @dashsnow17 mentions, the potential returns from getting Arsenal back firing at full cylinders again will be massive. We are a club with an actual history, unlike lotto winning nothing clubs City, PSG and Chelsea.

Even if the investment is profit related, it would be worth it for any investor. In footballing terms, I think current Arsenal are like Henry languishing away at Juventus. Available for a fair price and able to take you up levels once the engine is fully going again.

As for the ethical argument, well I said during the SuperLeague saga, that for me football honesty and purity died officially in 2003, when Abromovic came into the English Premier League, and all the subsequent happenings thereafter. We tried to play the clean game and lost every time, so for me that ship has long sailed.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

A lot of people here are thinking in a black-and-white manner and missing the point. There are levels to immorality. A greedy businessman who has screwed over workers is in a different league of immorality than a government that's a state-sponsor of terrorism, has one of the worst human rights records on the planet, and punishes people based on sharia law.

Arsenal play in a Stadium that is called ‘The Emirates Stadium’ and have ‘Fly Emirates’ on their jersey but a Qatar takeover would be too much for some people? I didn’t know the UAE was so much better and ethical than Qatar.

I’m open for anybody to educate me on this as well because I’m confused to be honest. Sounds like people are just trying to stand for something that is not there. Football sold out to money decades ago.
The difference, at least for me, is that we would be directly owned by Qatar, not simply forming a sponsorship partnership with them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Looking at Qatari media there is still no news about investment and thier journalists don't have info recently but they say if they want to buy it won't be easy.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I have no issue with it.

We're owned by a billionaire so might as well be owned by a richer bunch of billionaires, literally doesnt make much difference to me where the money comes from.

People are too worried about what other fans will say like it matters.

Generally agree, but the human rights issues with these people are a big concern.

Kroenke is obviously not a good person and those people do stuff that cost others irrespective of which billionair you look at, but I dont see switching to owners that insult every grand value our civilization holds sacred as the same.

Just as much as the World cup is another level of evil despite so many things already being dreadful in football.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Generally agree, but the human rights issues with these people are a big concern.

Kroenke is obviously not a good person and those people do stuff that cost others irrespective of which billionair you look at, but I dont see switching to owners that insult every grand value our civilization holds sacred as the same.

Just as much as the World cup is another level of evil despite so many things already being dreadful in football.

Cant argue with that, however I dont really care; I support Arsenal not the owners, its unlikely these days to have owners everyone like and can back.

Owners these days are like players, they come and go, can be ****, can be great.

I said it in another comment that all I care about these days is on the pitch, its the only thing as a fan I believe we get back from the club, the rest is just a one way relationship of the club extracting money from the fans.

2021 being a fan you have zero say in anything the club do so personally who the owner is doesn't matter to me unless its pitch related and so far the Kroenkes have sucked at that.

Long gone are the days when being a fan mattered and long gone are the days Arsenal was in a strong moral place, now Arsenal sell out to the highest bidder like every other club.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We are hardly going to be lucky lottery winners either. This club was neck and neck with United for top dog in the country during the Highbury era and top 5 on rich lists a decade ago. The stadium debt crippled us for years because we had owners who didn't want to put a penny into the club. We lost our thunder to Chelsea/City and eventually Sp**s and Liverpool overtook us as well. None of this needed to happen if we didn't sell out to the wrong person. The worst thing is we could have kept our position in the top 2-3 with a couple hundred million of owners equity investment during the Emirates era yet the idiot who owns us didn't do it and now he's panic spending even bigger amounts to try and keep us in the top 6.

The reality in 2021 is the price of poker has gone up and we need massive investment to get back on track. Its all good and well to say Stan has spent 100m this summer but its not enough. Our rivals are playing with deep stacks and our lack of trophies has hurt our bottom line. It is possible for us to regain what I would term as our natural position as top 2-3 in the country but it will take big money and a hungry and ambitious owner who demands results. Either that or hope the stars align and we get lucky to roll a Klopp/Wenger hybrid that will win us titles without matching our opponents spend.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit of a catch 22. I'm the first to call for the Kroenke's to leave, but I am quite uncomfortable with the idea of Qatar. Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably. I guess I only know how I'd feel about it if it actually happened, which is unlikely anyway.

But the "football has lost its morals anyway" argument to justify this is a cop out. There is a difference between a shady businessman like Stan Kroenke pushing for a super league and a group that sponsors terrorism and abuses humans rights (among other things). On a moral level at least, the two things aren't comparable.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom