• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Haha

Turns out it wasn't a permanent season ticket, but the chance to "loan" a season ticket from someone else for the year and then return it in time for next season. It's apparently because of people being hesitant to go to matches due to covid. Something tells me that may only be half the story..

Either way, a little insulting. I should have known there was a catch given the way Arsenal conduct themselves now days
I've just had what is probably the email you got. Offering me gold membership for this season. Checked my membership and it says I'm 41,759 on the waiting list for a season ticket. Doubt I've moved up that many places so I take it the ticket would just be on loan.

I would have bought it if it would have meant I was now a season ticket holder for life. But I've turned the chance down, as like you I feel a little insulted. I'm not here to be used by the club, they aren't fleecing me and then dumping me back on the scrap-heap next season.

Also I wasn't paying between £876 and £1488 to watch Arteta stick 9 men behind the ball

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Look, SAF got about 5 years in sh*te united before they became the global super power club (he got loads of sticks from the fanbase for being clueless for long long time but the hierarchy still stuck by him). Wenger was an anomaly where he brought instant success and a legend to be able to do that.
I am not trying to invocate patience as that is everyone's right to have or not for Arsenal. What I want to say is that I love Arsenal so much and want it to be successful once again. If the club has to have a long periods of rough patch I am prepared to support it through thick and thin. Whether me buying tickets or merchandise will help the team or enriching the owners instead (or both), I will still be willing.

Fergie was already a successful manager prior to united.

Trying to use this as a parallel with Arteta doesn't work because Arteta is a complete rookie on his first job.

Ferguson was already on the job for a while.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You're not seriously comparing Arteta to SAF? :facepalm::lol::lol::lol:
Don't try. You'll throw anything that clearly seperates the likes of SAF, Klopp, Zidane, Pep, Tuchel, Wenger, etc. their way and they still keep on rewriting stuff or omitting stuff to make the comparison stick.

With e.g. SAF it's usually just leavin out he had been a decent manager with success before United.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Managers hadly ever do that, and they really shouldn't.

You need to back yourself in this profession. Seeing as they usually take over for someone who couldn't do it and got the sack, saying you can't change a situation around is admiting you can't be a manager.

The club is the one making the mistake of promoting him and then keeping him on board.
So Conte admitted that by leaving Inter... So he can't be a manager anymore? That's dumb

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To be fair, that goal went so against Emery's style that he benched Özil after that game.
And then he died for doing that... And he deserved it... Awful manager. Arteta is the one who doesn't deserve all these opportunities, he is even worse. We went from bad to worst... Why we can't appoint for Conte and Ragnik/Campos right now and get everything in place.

What is the problem with Josh Kroenke? Is he that stupid to take control of the situation and actually do something?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Trying to use this as a parallel with Arteta doesn't work because Arteta is a complete rookie on his first job.

Yes infact this was actually something I never knew about (Ferguson doing this before I was born is probably a large contributory factor as to why lol).

But he was wildly successful with Aberdeen, multiple Scottish League titles and he won European titles for them too.

He wasn't some unknown; albeit it was the Scottish League but still, to do what he did and with Aberdeen (not Celtic) was highly impressive and my cousin (unfortunately a manyoo supporter) was telling me about how good his achievements were before Manchester United.

Tbh what Arteta has done is quite unprecedented, for a complete unknown to go straight into managing a big side (yes we are still a big club) raw style with no previous experience at all, it just doesn't happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Norwich are terrible. OK we're not much better, but we're at home and some of our 1st team players are returning.

Arsenal can't lose this game, it's impossible. And a draw would be a disaster given our position at the bottom.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its a win this weekend, it may be a scrap but it will be a win.

Arteta will get it right over the next two matchdays I reckon. Sp**s would be the interesting test.

Malky

Established Member

The guy won numerous Domestic trophies at Aberdeen - league and cups. Not to mention winning the European Cup winners Cup and European Super Cup.... with Aberdeen.

Comparing Arteta with Ferguson is one of the most absurd things i've read on here. o_O

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Emirates era should be erased from our history. People should only refer to us with anything that happened during Highbury and prior to that.

Too many Ls taken since moving to the Emirates.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom