• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon | Wednesday, 22th September | KO: 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large

Screenshot-20210919-130527.png

I expect a major change to our XI from the Burnley game.

1863502_Arsenal.jpg

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If I remember correctly Arteta put out some fairly strong sides in the Carabo cup last season.

I don't expect to see a glut of youth starting. Moreso squad / back up players given a bit of a run out.

Patino on the bench I'd think.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If I remember correctly Arteta put out some fairly strong sides in the Carabo cup last season.

I don't expect to see a glut of youth starting. Moreso squad / back up players given a bit of a run out.

Patino on the bench I'd think.
Considering we have no Europe this year, it makes sense to prioritise the domestic cups a bit more. I think we'll see another strong lineup.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I would likely start with:

Martinelli-Laca-Pepe
Ødegaard/ESR
Sambi-AMN
Tavares-Mari-Holding-Cedric

Laca needs some game-time to be sharp if Auba is injured and for super-sub situations. Ødegaard might have to start, and be substituted off early enough, although I would like to give him more rest.

Maybe Balogun and Patino from the bench, especially if we lead, and give Pepe some rest too.

They're are a League One side so this should be enough, we need to prioritize the Tottenham match. They will have had much more difficult games before the derby (Wolves in the cup), so we could overrun them especially later in the match with fresh players.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Arteta put in a pretty strong line up to start with, I think he's pretty serious about this competition.

Leno
Tomiyasu Holding Gabriel Tavares
Lokonga El Neny/AMN
Pepe ESR Martinelli
Laca.

drippin

Arteta put in a pretty strong line up to start with, I think he's pretty serious about this competition.

Leno
Tomiyasu Holding Gabriel Tavares
Lokonga El Neny/AMN
Pepe ESR Martinelli
Laca.
It's a League One side. Tomiyasu had many injuries last season and Cedric should be enough here. Tomi should be eased in a bit to EPL.

Gabriel I might understand as CB's don't get so much strain (and we should have most of the possession here), but otherwise we agree on the line-up.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

It's a League One side. Tomiyasu had many injuries last season and Cedric should be enough here. Tomi should be eased in a bit to EPL.

Gabriel I might understand as CB's don't get so much strain, but otherwise we agree on the line-up.
I know they are a league 1 side but Tomiyasu has just got in so I reckon he'd need to get as much game time as possible to get use to everyone. If he is fit I'd keep him in as much as possible. He's got to play with as many players as possible imo.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Without a doubt Cedric or Chambers are good enough for this game but I still think Tomiyasu if fit enough has to get as much game time as possib;e & enough defenders as possible.

Wimbledon fan

A very good league one side actually 😜
As you can imagine we're very much looking forward to this one. Yep it's our 'Cup final'. We've sold around 7k tickets so should be a decent bit of atmosphere created by us. We're a very young side, inexperienced but learning all the time. Certainly won't be approaching the game as WBA against you, very much playing our strongest possible side. Used to play direct but under our new manager very much a passing style so don't expect the up and at em Wimbledon style of old. Used to go to a few games at Highbury many moons ago with arsenal supporting mates, under George Graham so not exactly the glory years but always enjoyed the games. Looking forward to the Emirates, hope Arteta does well, after Wednesday night of course.

REEVIE1995

I would avoid playing anyone whose gonna start at Sp**s. I know Arteta went strong in the last round but we were desperate for a win at that stage and it would silly not to rest players with the weekend in mind.

I would go

Hein
Cedric holding Mari Tavares
Maitland Niles Patino
Ødegaard
Nketiah Lacazette Martinelli

Bench: Okonkwo, Chambers, Ogungbo Lopez, Lokonga, Akinola, Olayinka, Balogun Hutchinson

I know Leno will probably get picked but I would like to see one of the youngsters get a run out. Hein was excellent against Wales and seems to be a bit more ready at this moment so i would pick him. Im really hoping that he starts Patino. We haven't exactly got loads at depth in central midfield at the moment so I think he has a genuinely good shout. I think Ødegaard will make way for Lokonga on Sunday so I would play him tonight. Eddie done well on the wing in pre season and we dont have many other options so he starts. Laca needs minutes but I would change him with Balogun pretty early into the second half.

blrgooner

Established Member
I would play
Leno
Chambers Holding Mari Tavares
AMN Lokonga
Patino
ESR Laca Martnelli

ESR is the only player who started the weekend game who should play IMO because he needs some game time.
Ode should definitely be rested IMO.He had a busy round of games during international break. Auba and Saka too.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I know they are a league 1 side but Tomiyasu has just got in so I reckon he'd need to get as much game time as possible to get use to everyone. If he is fit I'd keep him in as much as possible. He's got to play with as many players as possible imo.

We finally have a decent right back so it would be insanity to risk him against a bunch of semi-amatuers a few days before a North London derby.

drippin

Without a doubt Cedric or Chambers are good enough for this game but I still think Tomiyasu if fit enough has to get as much game time as possib;e & enough defenders as possible.
Can't understand that logic at all. An injury-prone player coming to a new league, giving couple of very good performances straightaway, and he needs to be risked in an easy cup match to "get as much game-time as possible"?

I forgot Chambers so either Chambers or Cedric as RB. Depending on training performances and tactics.

I won't forgive Arteta if he risks Tomiyasu before Tottenham match when we have 3 decend enough RB's.

That would go to the section similar to when the club had a genius moment to play couple derby friendlies before the season and got our most important player Partey injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom