• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I l have it on very good authority that Arsenal monitor this site very closely.

Big name posters switching to Mikel ( Trilly needing 2 shots on target against Pool, Trax needing 1.7 more photos of Arsène and Arteta together and smiling etc) will be noted by the hierarchy and means only one thing.......

8 year contract extensions for Mikel 🤣🤣

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Y
Wenger didn't address what was needed to improve. We needed a strong CDM and CB for over 10 years but Wenger never addressed it. It was a similar situation with quality at striker position; again until PEA and Lacs arrived late in his tenure, it was never addressed.
You do realize the numbers are bollocks why are half of Arsenal’s goals unexpected according to this measure who decides based on what criteria. This is an opinion with a number attached to it doesn’t make it objective. It is like me claiming I gave a movie 4 stars, therefore it is scientifically a good movie because I attached a drastic to my opinion it is now objectively a watchable movie. It’s opinion dressed up in a number rating you get that right? You guys aren’t that dense think this really science and math?

Farzad Stoned

giphy.gif
How is this number scientific who gives a **** if the viewer giving his opinion wasn’t expecting the goal, we rate teams now on unexpected goals. I rate chocolate ice cream as 9.9 is chocolate ice cream now scientifically proven to be the best. Keep pretending some douche bags opinion tied to a number rating is scientific. Why are half our goals unexpected we score 1.2 but should be scoring .64 according to the opinion of some guy watching the game.

Farzad Stoned

You are dense as ****.

xG is a probability, not an absolute value to tell the future.

Of course a fluke goal from the corner flag is 1 goal, but as shots from the corner flag almost never Go in statistically it is not expected to Go in. Doesn‘t mean it never will, though. That is xG and how xG might be out scored due to e.g. fluke shots with low probability to Go in resulting in goals, or an absolutely clinical finisher, etc
No you are dense a guy a watches the match and gives you his opinion on his surprise factor and run of play on the goals and you call it scientific. So half of Arsenal’s goals are flukes basically against the run of play? According who Hal from 2010?

Farzad Stoned

Objective scientific measures don’t give you 4 different numbers to answer the same question. Therefore it is subjective opinion with a number rating attached to it. 4 plus 4 is the same regardless of which site you check

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
No you are dense a guy a watches the match and gives you his opinion on his surprise factor and run of play on the goals and you call it scientific. So half of Arsenal’s goals are flukes basically against the run of play? According who Hal from 2010?

You do know statistics exists and is not some made up fairytale? If not, I'd advice you to click the following link for a general overview: Statistics - Wikipedia

Football statistics and xG has nothing to do with "a guy watches a match and gives you his opinion". The data is collected by companies analyzing and evaluating tons of matches. xG is based on how often a shot from a specific position on the field results in a goal - this data is, as I said, collected from dozens of games so you get an average value for the probability of a shot from specific positions resulting in a goal.

Using my example of a shot from the corner flag, e.g. they will look at 1000 games collecting the data for this specific shot. Now in those 1000 games 1 goal from a shot from the corner flag was scored, that means based on the data from these 1000 games the probability of scoring from such a shot is 0.1%. No opinion involved here whatsoever.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's opinion. If you don't get this I unfortunately think you don't just not understand how statistics and maths work, but even deny their existence. As this seems to be the case I assume you to be not just dense but seriously intellectually challenged and I'd advice you to at least read a book or better yet do therapy.

Suprised absolutely no one in AM has claimed to be a Mathematician, professional stats person or the guy who wrote money ball yet.

Would be a great addition to our group Doctors, Day Traders and Lawyers.

You think there are no doctors, day traders or lawyers here? Rex thought we were all overweight not long ago.

Its not heading in good direction for us.

Farzad Stoned

You do know statistics exists and is not some made up fairytale? If not, I'd advice you to click the following link for a general overview: Statistics - Wikipedia

Football statistics and xG has nothing to do with "a guy watches a match and gives you his opinion". The data is collected by companies analyzing and evaluating tons of matches. xG is based on how often a shot from a specific position on the field results in a goal - this data is, as I said, collected from dozens of games so you get an average value for the probability of a shot from specific positions resulting in a goal.

Using my example of a shot from the corner flag, e.g. they will look at 1000 games collecting the data for this specific shot. Now in those 1000 games 1 goal from a shot from the corner flag was scored, that means based on the data from these 1000 games the probability of scoring from such a shot is 0.1%.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's opinion. If you don't get this I unfortunately think you don't just not understand how statistics and maths work, but even deny their existence. As this seems to be the case I assume you to be not just dense but seriously intellectually challenged and I'd advice you to at least read a book or better yet do therapy.
It’s subjective opinion in creating the criteria, judgement calls all over the place. One of these idiot sites said Sp**s should of won Nld based on expected goals, enough said. If something is objective you come to one answer, not 4 different answers to same question. You have to accept all their judgement calls as immutable, it is a subjective measure depending on who creates the criteria and who applies.

Farzad Stoned

Warning issued

Using my example of a shot from the corner flag, e.g. they will look at 1000 games collecting the data for this specific shot. Now in those 1000 games 1 goal from a shot from the corner flag was scored, that means based on the data from these 1000 games the probability of scoring from such a shot is 0.1%. No opinion involved here whatsoever.

you are exactly the type of idiot who buys subjective opinion dressed up with a number rating as scientific. Something is scientific when it comes to one answer not a different answer, if there are 4 different numbers for same question than by definition not objective or scientific, go study up on your scientific method before you question other people’s intellect. I think you are as dumb as tits on a bull, that to is not scientific just my subjective opinion just like this number rating bullshit you call the scientific measure expected goals

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom