• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United | Saturday 27th November | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah.. but anyone thinking we were going to be competing with those three this year, were pretty much on the voddy early

They're in a league above us..

We're in with the West Hams, Sp**s, Uniteds, Wolves, Leicester's at the moment.. and we're more than competing with them.. we ain't running.. but we're past walking.. gentle trot maybe
What sort of strawmanning is this?

Did anyone on A-M actually say we'd be competing with city, Liverpool and Chelsea?

Like you said, we're actually competing with Leicester, man utd and west Ham.

Only the latter isn't currently struggling but I doubt if they'll make the top four. They have a good manager, but they ultimately will fall short tbh.

United and Sp**s aren't going to slumber for long. At some point in the season, they'll wake up.

Malky

Established Member
I like this model of yours.

Every defeat and lost point should be discounted.

:lol:
That's the Arteta fanboys way - every win, no matter how dreadful the performance, should be hyped to the moon. Every time we drop points, however, doesn't count. " We've conceeded 9 goals against City and Pool, but how do you expect us to compete? We're a young side, we've only had £210M worth of investment in the team!! "

Just to put things into perspective, Liverpools starting 11 yesterday cost roughly £370M, It's a good job Pepe hadn't started, Tierney or Xhaka, because our cost is £305M. o_O

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We're 5th because we have a every mean defense.

Not sure how long that's going to bail us out. I remember when we were third or so in Emery's second season, a lot of us were complaining about our stats but were told to shut up because " we were 3rd"
He was sacked a few months later. The table can sometimes lie. Majority of our performances this season haven't been convincing. We've just been lucky that that we're pretty much getting a free run at fourth place seeing as united, Sp**s and Leicester are struggling. If those teams wake up and rediscover their form, I'm pretty confident we'll end up 8th...again.
Yep stats currently suggest we won’t better last seasons results, which doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but just far less likely given the stats of our competitors like west ham. Of course this doesn’t account for the fact that team performances can change; obviously things change if we improve our attack going forward, but we have never had an ability to do this under arteta.

Fabregasm

Yep stats currently suggest we won’t better last seasons results, which doesn’t mean it’s impossible, but just far less likely given the stats of our competitors like west ham. Of course this doesn’t account for the fact that team performances can change; obviously things change if we improve our attack going forward, but we have never had an ability to do this under arteta.
Till we ever see the change of Auba/Laca, it's gonna be the same thing even if you put Pep or Tuchel or whoever leading it. Any attack link up passing through the 2 is just mediocre no matter how I see it.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Till we ever see the change of Auba/Laca, it's gonna be the same thing even if you put Pep or Tuchel or whoever leading it. Any attack link up passing through the 2 is just mediocre no matter how I see it.
Yeah possibly but I think it's probably a combination of players and manager

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
true-geordie-brian.gif

Easy 3 points while West Ham play Man City and United go to Stamford Bridge
Is any 3 points easy these days for us?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’d leave out Auba for this and start with Laca up top. I’d bring in Pepe as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's not a daft thing to say at all. He is Henry level. Thierry was a singular, unique player - one of the best in the Premier League. And Salah is as well. His PL numbers are insane.
I would take Henry over Salah in my team any day. Salah creates beautiful moments of individual brilliance like Henry, but the issue with Salah is that he actually lacks being a great ‘footballer’ sometimes in terms of his ball control, decision making with passes, etc.

Liverpool fans have had this issue with him for a few years but his goals and moments of brilliance means it really doesn’t matter much. Henry however was a sensational footballer who was capable of magical individual moments also.

Salah’s first season at Liverpool and current season have been nothing short of breathtaking. I would say in between these seasons though he has been great but not Henry level. I think Henry had more sensational seasons. And I don’t compare numbers over different eras personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom