• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dejan Kulusevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is a fan conspiracy theory and is so obviously not the reason that we've been targeting younger players.

On Kulusevski, I wonder whether (if true) it'll be this season's Ødegaard deal where he comes in on loan in January as cover for Pepe during AFCON. I can see the appeal with him because his youth goal-scoring record was really good (similar to ESR) and he's obviously very talented... still a weird one though. Hard to imagine that he gets more game time than he currently gets, or that he brings more than Saka, Pepe or even Ødegaard f do at the moment.
Why would you constantly target younger player and let them gain experience in your first team? It’s either to sell them on or have excuse when they fail and have less pressure. A team of 21-22 year olds is not going anywhere. I thought the clubs goal was to get back to the CL ASAP? But it seems it’s to get there next 3 years now

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't know about this one. Seems to me like he has quite some skills in his locker judging by YouTube compilations. At the same time his stats have been dreadful and we have plenty of young players at the club, could do with some more guys who can come in and immediately contribute.

It's hard to get excited by any player while Arteta is around though.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Why would you constantly target younger player
There are so many answers to this, but it's essentially because we can't compete for the very best established players at the moment. The club have come out and said that they are following a strategy along these lines where they target younger players who have significant experience. I agree that we need some more established players in the mix as well but it's not like they stay young forever, the group from this year will have another seasons experience by next year and so on. Whether it works out or not depends on getting the right players in (and having a coach who can get the best out of them).

Whether you agree with this approach or not, It's clearly not about excuses though, that's just fan paranoia. Signing older bums is the route managers take when they are looking for instant success.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are so many answers to this, but it's essentially because we can't compete for the very best established players at the moment. The club have come out and said that they are following a strategy along these lines where they target younger players who have significant experience. I agree that we need some more established players in the mix as well but it's not like they stay young forever, the group from this year will have another seasons experience by next year and so on. Whether it works out or not depends on getting the right players in (and having a coach who can get the best out of them).

Whether you agree with this approach or not, It's clearly not about excuses though, that's just fan paranoia. Signing older bums is the route managers take when they are looking for instant success.
Kulu is from my country and he doesn’t have the pace to do much in the PL. Is Arteta trying to make the slowest team ever? We already have xhaka and Ødegaard who are snails. The idea there is only older bums and inexperienced young players is laughable. If we had actual scouting team worth anything we could find a lot of good players in their mid 20s. Players like Oyarzabal or Romain Faivre would have way more of impact than this guy. But they are 24 instead of 21 the number the club is obsessed with

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Kulu is from my country and he doesn’t have the pace to do much in the PL. Is Arteta trying to make the slowest team ever? We already have xhaka and Ødegaard who are snails. The idea there is only older bums and inexperienced young players is laughable.
Yeah that's a fair point.

Have read very conflicting stuff on his pace though. There's a few online scout reports that describe him as "rapid" and "explosive". Have to say that he looks a bit slow on the clips I've seen so not sure what to make of that. Other than that physically he looks fine - he's big, very skillful and seemed to hold stamina/ distance records at youth level.

I dunno, I'm somewhat intrigued by Kulu but not sure he's what we need either to be honest.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Kulu is from my country and he doesn’t have the pace to do much in the PL. Is Arteta trying to make the slowest team ever? We already have xhaka and Ødegaard who are snails.
He cannot be nearly as slow as Xhaka. That to me is impossible.

On the other hand with Giroud we have a history of slow attackers... Man, Giroud was slow thinking about it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He cannot be nearly as slow as Xhaka. That to me is impossible.

On the other hand with Giroud we have a history of slow attackers... Man, Giroud was slow thinking about it.
He is not as slow as xhaka. No one is. He is slow for a wide player. There is nothing more disgusting than slow wide attacker who can’t beat the average full back in a foot race

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He is not as slow as xhaka. No one is. He is slow for a wide player. There is nothing more disgusting than slow wide attacker who can’t beat the average full back in a foot race

We once had Bendtner as our winger.

Keplaz

We been targeting him for a while even Turin press think we serious but i think this depends on pepe if pepe stays here we won't be getting Kulu
I don't know if Pepe is a factor anymore. I think we need someone to rotate with Saka. And the boss doesn't rate Pepe. I think Pepe is done here. And whether he stays or goes, we might still sign Kulu because Pepe just doesn't play anymore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't know if Pepe is a factor anymore. I think we need someone to rotate with Saka. And the boss doesn't rate Pepe. I think Pepe is done here. And whether he stays or goes, we might still sign Kulu because Pepe just doesn't play anymore.
That's true but can't add player when we already have player who earning 150k a week struggling to get games.

N@th@n

Not convinced there's anything in this beyond agent talk BUT if there is could he be looked at as a false-9?

A lacazette replacement

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not convinced there's anything in this beyond agent talk BUT if there is could he be looked at as a false-9?

A lacazette replacement
False 9 is not what we need. We need real 9 and consistent goalscorer. Really don’t need a guy who is not a striker and never played there to learn a new position in our team. He is not even much of a scorer for a winger. Add to the fact he is a hideous looking human being. It’s hell no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom