• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Tony Adams makes a big error for Arsenal, or Shkodran Mustafi makes a big error for Arsenal...you should obviously be more pissed at Gimp-stafi, as Big Tone has much more good will built up in the bank.

Xhaka has so much ill will built up with years of costly errors, so of course he will get criticized more...it's that simple.

Obviously not all players get treated the same for various reasons...players who have done more for your club, new/newish players get a grace period, youngsters etc.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If Tony Adams makes a big error for Arsenal, or Shkodran Mustafi makes a big error for Arsenal...you should obviously be more pissed at Gimp-stafi, as Big Tone has much more good will built up in the bank.

Xhaka has so much ill will built up with years of costly errors, so of course he will get criticized more...it's that simple.

Obviously not all players get treated the same for various reasons...players who have done more for your club, new/newish players get a grace period, youngsters etc.
Yeah this didn't spare Aubameyang for many on here though did it?

Think the blame game and the rash judgements are silly anyways, the lads did good stuff this weekend so I don't really get it. I'm personally looking forward to the next Prem game.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why wasn’t this done for Auba? Half of the forum was sh*tting on him as soon as he started missing a few chances.

Will never forget that.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
No, I just find it interesting that some players are judged harshly regardless of whether they play well or not, that is certainly the case for Xhaka and it has been for a while now. There were times last season when he was playing really well but all I saw was negative posts in his thread however excuses were made for other players. My initial post was questioning the consistency on the forum and it’s not only with Xhaka but with others too.

I really like Gabriel but looking back at the game yesterday, that was such a schoolboy error and that red arguably changes the whole complexion of the game. I posted yesterday that I didn’t want to criticise the players after a performance like that but the posting in some of these threads has triggered me off as they lack consistency. If Aubameyang who single handedly won us the FA Cup and he was consistently doing it for us for the past 2-3 years can get criticised then I’d say nobody in this current squad is untouchable.

Also, what’s the relevance of posting that he’s received 3 contracts?! That could down to the fact that he’s been our best midfielder for a while now and once again A-M fails to see the influence he has on and off the pitch.
Cos we're sick and tired of Xhaka, He played well good for him. You're a lot more forgiving than I am. The way I see it, if my wife cheats on me several times in the past I'm not gonna start praising her just because she cooked my favourite meal once in awhile. There is too much water under the bridge. Some of us have washed our hands of him. The same way Mitch disliked Bellerin for his own reasons is the same way I dislike Xhaka. There is no point trying to reason with me on it.

Gabriel made a schoolboy error and I'm hoping he learns from it. Xhaka has played under three different managers and yet to learn from his mistakes.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Is this bait or something? 😭

No, not at all. I’m just being fair with my analysis, the same goes for Arteta - I’ve criticised and praised him accordingly.

I already said I don’t want to pinpoint the blame on any specific players especially after that performance as we played well but it’s very hard to hold back when I see so many different agendas.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No, not at all. I’m just being fair with my analysis, the same goes for Arteta - I’ve criticised and praised him accordingly.

I already said I don’t want to pinpoint the blame on any specific players especially after that performance as we played well but it’s very hard to hold back when I see so many different agendas.
You can’t say ‘fair’ and then use a serial fvckwit like Xhaka to compare Gabriel to. It’s been explained why by @RunTheTrap . His post was ‘fair’.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Cos we're sick and tired of Xhaka, He played well good for him. You're a lot more forgiving than I am. The way I see it, if my wife cheats on me several times in the past, I'm not gonna start praising her just because she cooked my favourite meal once in awhile.
Your analogies always crack me up they are too detailed :lol:

I was super mad at Xhaka when we was a borderline CL club ngl. Now that the standards have dropped across the league and numerous managers sticking with him, I've recognised his attributes over time.

Your choice how you feel about him though, his fate is so closely linked with Arteta and neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There are many good reasons why Gabriel doesn’t get judged like Xhaka does, or why certain players don’t get the same criticism as others. None of it needs the tedious explanation. We all know why and it’s simply because some players have got more kudos in the bank than others. A lot of the time anyway. If we’re being honest and ‘fair’, Xhaka is ****ing bankrupt on that score and it doesn’t warrant explaining. Yesterday was another example. That’s a game he can’t win.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Cos we're sick and tired of Xhaka, He played well good for him. You're a lot more forgiving than I am. The way I see it, if my wife cheats on me several times in the past, I'm not gonna start praising her just because she cooked my favourite meal once in awhile. There is too much water under the bridge. Some of us have washed our hands of him. The same way Mitch disliked Bellerin for his own reasons is the same way I dislike Xhaka. There is no point trying to reason with me on it.

Gabriel made a schoolboy error and I'm hoping he learns from it. Xhaka has played under three different managers and yet to learn from his mistakes.

If I can overlook some of the stuff that Arteta’s done since he’s been our manager then any of these current crop of players can win me over, that’s how I see it. Personally, I’m not as attached to this current squad as some of the people on here seem to be therefore anyone can get my criticism or praise.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

There are many good reasons why Gabriel doesn’t get judged like Xhaka does, or why certain players don’t get the same criticism as others. None of it needs the tedious explanation. We all know why and it’s because cerise players have got more kudos in tbe bank than others. If we’re being honest and ‘fair’, Xhaka is ****ing bankrupt on they score. That’s a game he can’t win.

Why was my brother Auba treated as if he was bankrupt too? Please provide me with a fair and honest explanation - cheers.

RunTheTrap

Your analogies always crack me up they are too detailed :lol:

I was super mad at Xhaka when we was a borderline CL club ngl. Now that the standards have dropped across the league and numerous managers sticking with him, I've recognised his attributes over time.

Your choice how you feel about him though, his fate is so closely linked with Arteta and neither are going anywhere anytime soon.
Thank you brother I respect your opinion too. If you like and rate Xhaka that is fair enough, but I just wanted to call out the hypocrisy of some people ready to drop their stocks on Gabriel but defend Xhaka and make him out as some victim. My relationship with Xhaka is a toxic one and I agree Arteta will stick with him-and that's fine as long as we achieve our goals. But I will not like him.

RunTheTrap

If I can overlook some of the stuff that Arteta’s done since he’s been our manager then any of these current crop of players can win me over, that’s how I see it. Personally, I’m not as attached to this current squad as some of the people on here seem to be therefore anyone can get my criticism or praise.
True, but I'm still learning about Arteta. It's only since December that he has shown his attacking qualities as a manager. But I know who Granit Xhaka is.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If you like and rate Xhaka that is fair enough,
It's definitely more of a toleration deal (like Arteta to be honest).

I don't think Xhaka is nearly as bad as people say, but the team definitely has a hard cap on it's achievements with Xhaka as one of your starting central midfielders it's just the truth.

There has to be an attempt at least to get an upgrade at some point if the club is remotely serious.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why was my brother Auba treated as if he was bankrupt too? Please provide me with a fair and honest explanation - cheers.
He always had his critics on here despite being our talisman. So there’s that. Then when he abused the armband, a few more joined the crew. Then when we started looking twice the team without him, even less people gave a toss about him. It’s not as much about ‘fair’ in his case as how a cookie crumbles. It doesn’t always have to be ‘unfair’. His initial criticism was imo, but the rest is life..

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Thank you brother I respect your opinion too. If you like and rate Xhaka that is fair enough, but I just wanted to call out the hypocrisy of some people ready to drop their stocks on Gabriel but defend Xhaka and make him out as some victim. My relationship with Xhaka is a toxic one and I agree Arteta will stick with him-and that's fine as long as we achieve our goals. But I will not like him.

Who was dropping their stocks on Gabriel? If that’s referring to me, I’ve never said I was ready to do that. Like I said earlier, I’m a massive fan of Gabriel and I was even holding back any criticism for any single player after that performance but certain individuals on here pushed my buttons.

All I really asked for was consistency but I can also respect and understand that I’ll never get that with Xhaka especially as the relationship between some fans is irreparable.

Riou

By your logic of criticising Gabriel, the Auba abuse is fair...as technically the ones going after Auba, are on your side...as they are judging all players equally, regardless of what they have done in the past :lol:

Riou

Think it all comes down to, you will give more leeway to players you like and less to ones you don't.

For example...I wanted England to win, but I was pissing myself laughing when Rashford and Sancho missed pens at the Euros (the racist abuse they got was disgusting though, that goes beyond football) because I dislike United players, but was heartbroken when Saka missed...same with Arsenal, Henry, Pires etc, can do no wrong for me...but during those very few times Mustafi did something right for Arsenal, it kinda annoyed me in a way.

It should be agenda driven to a degree, people are emotional and football is emotional.

That's the way it should be, tbh...can't be a football fan, and be like The Neutrals from Futurama...that's not what it's about, it's a tribal sport at the end of the day, hypocrisy is apart of it.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom