• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw EFL Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg: Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal | Thursday 13th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

Really gutted we lost to City. Should have gotten something from the game. Poor officiating coupled with individual mistakes killed us.

We looked good vs City. We had them on the ropes before the Xhaka incidence.

Hopefully we bounce back from this.
This game vs Liverpool is the ideal game to that.

Screenshot-20220101-170425.png

I expect massive rotation because Arteta knows Liverpool will rotate. I expect some fringe players to come in but don't see a way in @American_Gooner 's
boy Mari and Cedric.

In attack, Nketiah and Pepe should make lineup. In midfield I expect Sambi to take Partey's place.

In defense, White should retain his place. But Tavares and AMN will start in FB.

Screenshot-20220101-171652.png

Prediction.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

Liverpool since Klopp came have always had some disdain for this competition. So I see Klopp fielding a weak Liverpool side. Liverpool are still trying to chase city for the title and they're one of the favourite for the CL. So they might throw this. They have bigger fish to fry.
With their two best attackers going to the Afcon, anything short of winning this should be classed as failure.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've recorded this but have to any well done to the lads for hanging on with 10 men and keeping a clean sheet. Let down again by the worst (pound for pound) midfielder I've seen at our club but kudos to the rest. Arteta to the shops first thing.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Available outfield players means players who don't have Covid and are not injured.

They obviously give medical reports to the PL as part of the application to have it postponed
Bielsa explained already, the rule is about players with COVID. He even said his injured players don't count as the rule is not about them. And he literally says he didn't want his game suspended because his team situation didn't involve COVID to all of them, just injuries

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Deserved clean sheet after a gutsy display 👍
After being unlucky not to hang on against Man City it is a step forward for the growth of the team & character build,
Still think the 2nd leg will be really tough as we are very light in midfield.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Great defensive performance. We actually wasted a small number of good attacking positions tbh. The sending off kind of worked out for us.

Liverpool were off key though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

No it’s not.

What’s an injury? Because otherwise clubs can pretend “x” is injured.
Leicester had their game off due to injuries and Afcon call ups.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bielsa explained already, the rule is about players with COVID. He even said his injured players don't count as the rule is not about them. And he literally says he didn't want his game suspended because his team situation didn't involve COVID to all of them, just injuries
As the guidance shows, the Board will consider the following principal factors when making a decision:

1) The impact of COVID-19 infections on a club’s squad, as well as injuries, illness and those isolating, and the number of players available on the squad list and any Under-21 players with appropriate experience. Where a club cannot field 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper either from its squad list or its appropriately experienced Under-21 players, the match will be postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom